Guy goes for reservist but gets his sideburns shaved off lik

Vulcann

STOMPer must have been caught by the RSM and "politely" invited to go trim his hair.

Still so on nowadays?

Me think unless his sideburns machiam those of Elvis 10m-long type should be ok right?

Anyway ever since Kitaro was refused entry at Changi many moons back because of his long mane, I thought they will loosen up a bit but realistically not for uniformed groups...

Just funny when during ICT you see many blokes coming in with their dyed or long hair and naively or seriously thinking they can get away with it [hur]

Then one by one during in-pro kena pick up by RSM to go get their wonderful hair "enhanced" to SAF standards [laugh] [laugh]

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...ns_recruit.html

Posted on 20 Jun 2012

Guy goes for reservist but gets his sideburns shaved off like NS recruit

barber_cut_my_hair_like_ns_recruit-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer jojo joget went for two days of reservist training but his sideburns were trimmed short, like that of a National Service recruit's.

Said the STOMPer:

"I'm a reservist. I've already ORDed (reached operational ready date).

"The barber cut my sideburns like a NSman recruit's.

"We are reservists but they made us like NSmen.

"Just for two days of reservist."

↡ Advertisement

Kudos to the RSM! No matter whether your NSF or NS Man, you're still serving your NS in the SAF and SAF is a disciplined organisation which of course they still need to instill certain amount of discipline in their soldiers.

cb...kana cut oso complain in stomp. never kana charge should be happy liao! i kana charge

for having long hair just bcos of 2 hr briefing oso never complain. 50 sgd donate to my unit.

Turbocharged

cb...kana cut oso complain in stomp. never kana charge should be happy liao! i kana charge

for having long hair just bcos of 2 hr briefing oso never complain. 50 sgd donate to my unit.

I always cut my hair gilat gilat before ict so i can in-pro faster to canteen break. [scholar]

I is thinking soldier.

WTH, like that also stomp? *facepalm*

No matter how many days of reservist, hairstyle must be SAF standard - slope at the back with short side burns and no dye.

For me, i just cut... just follow the rules, don't complain. I feel that the stomper is rather childish for such complaints.

Anyway, i was forced to dye my hair in camp before.... for $6. A very messy job.

free or not in the 1st place? :D

Free or not?

[confused]

Just in case you have never served before, it is at your own cost and if the camp barber is not around you have to make a out-of-camp trip outside together with other heroes to have your $500-dollar meticulously treated hair "enhanced" to SAF standards.

I think this hair issue was raised before.

I could be wrong but IIRC only artistes or entertainment folks are exempted but they must get special permission prior.

eh sidetrack abit, if kana mob do we need to cut till short short then can go report to manning center?

I think i July will kana mob the unit call and say very likely 90%. Must cut short short kilat kilat report??

eh sidetrack abit, if kana mob do we need to cut till short short then can go report to manning center?

I think i July will kana mob the unit call and say very likely 90%. Must cut short short kilat kilat report??

COC 7 lo but understand nowadays RPs very on and besides checking HPs also check hairstyle.

I always cut my hair gilat gilat before ict so i can in-pro faster to canteen break. [scholar]

I is thinking soldier.

haha...usually i dont care cos my unit u have spare time u kana other duty. Let Csm check (usually fail one)

so let in camp barber cut lor while the rest do fatigue duty. Got one friend hair long long bcos he musician.

bctc can get away by just using hair net but come ict or o/s training oso lan lan.

I is thinking soldier.

Canteen time is always good. Besides, the hairstyle cut by the camp barbers always the same, like as those we are still living in the 60s.

(edited)

What a wanker !! really sign 'o the times nowadays. In the wrong yet still dare to stomp, self pwned !!

Encik ever shouted to us (NSmen), I don't f--k care what you are outside, once you're in army uniform and in MY camp, you BELONG to me ! You can KPKB, you can complain, go ahead !! [laugh]

Edited by Othello

(edited)

not sure now! last time open mob no care long or not, as long as u report ok liao. its just like 2or 3 hours of waiting then process out

unless ur unit on the ball one. My 1st activation was like a few weeks after i rod n got new weapon in container one...swee swee all in

platic bag! and i arrive 11 hrs after activation cos that time it was a 12 hr reporting exercise n i was the area ic. All the key personnel waiting for me nn i was the last guy to report. and they kpkb but cant do anything as i was [laugh] still in the window period!

Edited by Eviilusion

I did likewise. Rules are there for a purpose, not for show and tell. You show up looking like that going back to tell tales.

If I have to cut my hair before I go in, with the rest, damn right everyone is going to be the SAME.

STOMPer must have been caught by the RSM and "politely" invited to go trim his hair.

Still so on nowadays?

Me think unless his sideburns machiam those of Elvis 10m-long type should be ok right?

Anyway ever since Kitaro was refused entry at Changi many moons back because of his long mane, I thought they will loosen up a bit but realistically not for uniformed groups...

Just funny when during ICT you see many blokes coming in with their dyed or long hair and naively or seriously thinking they can get away with it [hur]

Then one by one during in-pro kena pick up by RSM to go get their wonderful hair "enhanced" to SAF standards [laugh] [laugh]

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...ns_recruit.html

Posted on 20 Jun 2012

Guy goes for reservist but gets his sideburns shaved off like NS recruit

STOMPer jojo joget went for two days of reservist training but his sideburns were trimmed short, like that of a National Service recruit's.

Said the STOMPer:

"I'm a reservist. I've already ORDed (reached operational ready date).

"The barber cut my sideburns like a NSman recruit's.

"We are reservists but they made us like NSmen.

"Just for two days of reservist."

I did likewise. Rules are there for a purpose, not for show and tell. You show up looking like that going back to tell tales.

If I have to cut my hair before I go in, with the rest, damn right everyone is going to be the SAME.

u different! swift n deadly one or one strike one kill! [:p]

↡ Advertisement