The hidden consequences of massive immigration

Shanhz

I believe the stomper made a mistake of assuming/imagining on his PM apology

Faked goods look n sound real nowadays [:)]

I believe the stomper made a mistake of assuming/imagining on his PM apology

bro, i dun get you.. as in the PM did not apologise?

to me, this is the most realistic scenario.

6. Many foreigners will stay on in Singapore. And that's actually a bad thing.

Realistically speaking, even in a global recession, prospects are still better for some foreigners here than back home, or elsewhere. I'm talking about Filipinos, PRCs, Myanmarese, perhaps the odd Greek or Irishman too. That's partly a function of how bad some other countries are doing, and also a function of how undiscriminating how government has been in the quality of the skilled/unskilled immigrants that it has let in. See the above comment on handing out visas, PRs and pink ICs like candy.

the rest are too theoretical.

but no doubt this immigrant influx is getting to almost everyone. big or small co - the same s--t over clan behaviour issues, quality of the FT issue, opportunistic aka stepping stone ingrate mentality s--t. thanks for messing up our country.

Turbocharged

gahmen said recently that if we wanna slow down the intake of foreigners, then we have to expect the slowdown of GDP growth...

hands up if you think you dun mind the living standards back in the 80s and 90s

gahmen said recently that if we wanna slow down the intake of foreigners, then we have to expect the slowdown of GDP growth...

hand and feet all up

Turbocharged

hands up from me.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Hands, feet and LJ all up! 80s and 90s are the best era. Now there's simply too many ah tiongs, angmohs, pinoys and ah nehs. :wacko:

Edited by Fcw75

Some time I think we are too simplistic. We think we are supreme being, and are in control of this world that we are living in - we can just slow down as we like and viola we will live more happily. But is it really possible? A good examply is the stock market. Bo dai bo ji just because euro got some problem, the stock indexes can plunge and wipe out billions of value just overnight. Can we just go slow? Will we also be bypassed or by sidelined by the ever looming China/India/other threats? Investors will always have a choice to bring their money elsewhere if they think we are not good enough.

Do we have any natural resources to fall back on then? Will this country be a dead country then? If you imagine those FT as opportunists aka vultures, then we are still doing ok now as they are still flocking here. But not for long, even Chinamen are finding better prospects back home now. When this place become not attractive enough, even we open our gate big big also will have no takers.

We can always be delusional, and complain king and queens. But if we don't buck up and ACCEPT the current situation but always thinking there will be better future comes 2016, we will be deadmeat for sure in near future. Think about it.

bro, i dun get you.. as in the PM did not apologise?

He never used the words 'sorry' or 'apologise'. He just beat around the bush.

<br />gahmen said recently that if we wanna slow down the intake of foreigners, then we have to expect the slowdown of GDP growth...<br /><br />hands up if you think you dun mind the living standards back in the 80s and 90s<br /><br />

Hands up if anybody can demonstrate how GDP growth affects their livelihood.

Most of us work in MNC that does not even serve Singapore. So what if GDP growth is -5% if my customers are all over the world? It just means I can buy more stuff with the same money. In fact, the MNCs may be more willing to hire and stay in Singapore as inflationary pressures ease.

Of course there are those who can directly feel the effects, eg property agents, but even then if we allow foreigners to work as property agents by the bucketload, thereby achieving GDP growth, does it really benefit a local property agent?

If Singapore does not bring in foreigners by the bucketload, if the Singapore government doesnt hoard money in the reserves but instead fully redistribute them to Singaporeans, then we can safely say that GDP growth benefits all Singaporeans.

But since the government does not do much wealth redistribution, our GDP growth is really benefiting a very small minority group, and these are the ones who gets richer, while the masses bear the costs of the GDP growth.

Hands, feet and LJ all up! 80s and 90s are the best era. Now there's simply too many ah tiongs, angmohs, pinoys and ah nehs. :wacko:

Now is only the beginning. By 2025, SG population will have to hit 8million... :wacko:

Now is only the beginning. By 2025, SG population will have to hit 8million... :wacko:

of which less than 2m are born and bred here...

of which less than 2m are born and bred here...

By then maybe there'll be a Littel SGP somewhere on this island, and the 2m will live there..... the rest of sgp filled with new citizens/PRs... and FTs/FWs

↡ Advertisement