Same-sex couples can adopt children ah?

AhJason

(edited)

This article is taken from Pink Dot website hor, homophobia please stay out hor. [laugh] btw, I am straight. I am just curious to read more on Pink Dot [rolleyes]

Β 

I didn't know MCYS allows adoption by same sex couples. Honestly, mayb I have some homophobia in me, isn't it inappropriate for same-sex couples to adope children? What kind of family values will the child get? They call their parents Papa and Papa? :wacko: 2 men taking care of their kids together. :wacko:

Β 

P.S: my homophobia only limited to guy-guy. I am perfectly fine with girl-girl. [laugh] But again, what kind of values will girl-girl couple teach their adopted children? Mama and mama?

Β 

----------------------------------------

SOMEDAY, TODAY, NOW!

Posted on June 8th, by Pink Dot Sg in Pink Dot 2012, Someday.

Β 

It is not β€œsomeday”, but today.

Β 

My best friend and her husband, both devout Christians, are happy now that their lesbian daughter (in her late thirties) has found a loving, supportive partner for life. Their daughter and her partner live with the partner’s family, and the couple visit and dine regularly with my friend and her husband, like any good, married daughter and her spouse.

Β 

A few months back, my former student took me out for lunch, and told me about his long-term partner, who is English. The two men, who work in the medical field, have been together for more than 12 years, and his good news is that their families have accepted their relationship. My former student’s family is Singaporean and Catholic, and his partner’s parents are English and Anglican. Since we were having a Japanese lunch, we toasted his good news with sake.

Β 

A few years ago, I had a similar happy surprise when I met a former nun and her partner at a tai chi class. The couple told me that they have been together for more than 15 years. With the blessing of their Catholic families and friends. My heart leapt. What wonderful, loving families they have.

Β 

Since the publication of my book, β€œThe Lies That Build A Marriage” and the TV film, β€œThe Morning After”, I have had the opportunity to meet several gay and lesbian couples who have been together for several years, some for as long as 25 years, which makes it a union much longer than many marriages between a man and a woman these days. One such couple I had the good fortune to meet are two highly talented musicians in their early fifties who celebrated their 25th anniversary three years ago. Both men had met when they were young twenty-somethings. Today they are a mature, loving couple, and it is such a joy for me to be in their company as I listen to the music they produce with their eyes, their laughter, and their gestures. And I can’t help but wish and pray that some day, my son will have a long-term relationship like theirs. I know some time this year I will be drinking a toast to their 28th anniversary.

Β 

There is another gay couple I know in Singapore who have been together since their varsity days. The two men are highly respected professionals in their mid-forties, and they are quietly bringing up their three lovely children with the support of their parents and extended families.

Β 

These two long-term relationships remind me of my family’s amah and her life-long partner. The two women shared a home in Jalan Besar and adopted a daughter who became my playmate. As a child, I was fortunate to have had such a loving amah who took me to her home when she went back to visit her partner and their daughter. During such visits, I don’t remember my superstitious, temple-going mother ever making a fuss about sin and morality. My amah and her partner lived together till death parted them, and I celebrated their life-long devotion to each other in my short story, β€œMy Two Mothers.”

Β 

Today, these loving, long-term, gay and lesbian relationships in our midst are often hidden from view. When more of them become visible to the public, there will be no need to turn pink every year. Some day we will not need a pink dot to clamour for social acceptance. Some day, the heterosexual majority will feel secure enough about their own values and morality to accept the gay and lesbian relationships in their midst, without feeling threatened. It will happen. It is already happening, albeit quietly, for real change takes place below the radar and twitter of the Internet and the media.

Β 

Today, there are already many families in Singapore who have accepted (often without much fuss) the long-term gay and lesbian relationships of their children, siblings and relatives. For deep down, most of us in the heterosexual majority can see beyond the sexual orientation of our sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, cousins, uncles and aunties. Deep down, we see beyond the laws of church and country. It is not so much the social acceptance and legal freedom to love, but the fidelity and the commitment to each other to work at nurturing our partnership for the long haul that transforms a couple’s relationship (whether it is heterosexual or LGBT) into a marriage.

Edited by AhJason
↑ Advertisement

So it is right for people to be gay and lesbians?

Β 

While i do not hate or dislike gays or lesbians and i have friends of that category, i just want to say, it is not right......

Β 

You dun put food through your ass, you put food through your mouth. It is the natural way to go. Why defy the laws of nature?

Β 

Nevertheless, i respect each individual choices of life.

Β 

While i do not hate or dislike gays or lesbians and i have friends of that category, i just want to say, it is not right......

Β 

You dun put food through your ass, you put food through your mouth. It is the natural way to go. Why defy the laws of nature?

Β 

Β 

Β 

who is a judge of what is right or wrong?

Β 

Β 

[laugh] enuf said... [laugh]

Β 

Does that mean you do it doggy-style everytime? Missionary position is also against nature. [:p]

Supersonic

Right or wrong, dont think we should discuss about this. But you mean these gay couples went overseas to adopt children? Maybe if you are rich, you can have anything you want?! [rolleyes]

While I'm neutral to LGBT group of people, another part of me still has reservation to these relationships. My take is that they better leave adoption to straight couples whom I feel are in a better position to bring up kids. Guess you can never understand their thinking unless you are in their shoes, especially the physical sexual part of it....

Gay/lesbian issue aside,

Imho adoption can be done by individual, providing he/she met the legal requirements.

Why make it complicated? Each can adopt one, or more if they wish.

Is it really about adopting?

Gay/lesbian issue aside,

Imho adoption can be done by individual, providing he/she met the legal requirements.

Why make it complicated? Each can adopt one, or more if they wish.

Is it really about adopting?

Β 

Do you know that single guys cannot adopt but single ladies can? :D

what if the mother divorce her husband (a loafer maybe)and live with her lesbian partner ?

The daughter under her custody... will the girl grow up to be lesbian as well ?

what if the mother divorce her husband (a loafer maybe)and live with her lesbian partner ?

The daughter under her custody... will the girl grow up to be lesbian as well ?

Β 

Interesting! Your imagination very good. [:p][laugh] The same could go to the husband side as well. Is there a legal loophole?

Interesting! Your imagination very good. [:p][laugh] The same could go to the husband side as well. Is there a legal loophole?

Actually I'm seen a few Lesbian couples with kids in tow. I have not seen a Gay couple with kids in tow (heng ah)

The "Man" will strap tight the chest to flatten but how a female try to look like a man, we man will know how to identify one.

I'm worried that the son will think, my mother is girl, my father is girl - I can't imagine his orientation when he becomes an adult.

Β 

lesbian couple got 2 types.

A man-woman and a woman - seen with kids in tow

A woman and a woman - with kids in tow (very hard to tell as it can be a normal scene)

Β 

gay couple got 2 types

A Man and a woman-man

A man and a man.

Β 

Next you will have the ultimate :

A Woman-turn man and a Man-turn-woman - if a baby is born, who is the father and who is the mother ?

Β 

Β 

Β 

If it is so,

Then the thread should be about individual adoption rights no (?) Regardless sexual prefs. No offence.

Which was why i asked, is it really about adopting. ^_^

if homosexuality is prevalent in the wild, where the animals go by their 'natural instincts', there is nothing 'unnatural' about human having homosexual relationship.

Β 

I love women (opps, for plural) but as long as my gay friends respect my sexual orientation, i will respect his/her. Its their choice anyway. It is better than choosing some warped religious doctrine and go around bombing people into submission.

if homosexuality is prevalent in the wild, where the animals go by their 'natural instincts', there is nothing 'unnatural' about human having homosexual relationship.

Β 

I love women (opps, for plural) but as long as my gay friends respect my sexual orientation, i will respect his/her. Its their choice anyway. It is better than choosing some warped religious doctrine and go around bombing people into submission.

Β 

I second this man... [thumbsup]

I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body

Β 

and all I can say is who thinks they have

Β 

a right to say that I cannot be a lesbian

Β 

in a man's body!

Β 

:D

Β 

I forgot to add that I am a cross dressing

Β 

lesbian as I like to wear man's clothes.

Β 

I know its kinky!

↑ Advertisement