Whose English is good? Help me out here...

Nicholas

My friend wants to use this slogan...

"where imagination comes to life"

and he asked me if it's imagination or imaginations.

I never used the word in plural form before so I wanted to tell him without 's''. However, I thought that it'll be better to check online. I search online and realise the word imagination has plural, which is 'imaginations', and I asked him to use...

"where imaginations come to life""

However, he also asked a lot of people which all of them say without 's'.

The context of the slogan is that, we are trying to help clients visualise and develop their ideas into a real product.

So which is it? [crazy]

↡ Advertisement

I never used the word in plural form before so I wanted to tell him without 's''. However, I thought that it'll be better to check online. I search online and realise the word imagination has plural, which is 'imaginations', and I asked him to use...

The context of the slogan is that, we are trying to help clients visualise and develop their ideas into a real product.

So which is it? [crazy]

Slogan dun have to be grammatically correct la... Apples' "Think Different" will be "Think Differently" if grammar is an issue.

Even if the target consumer would be the imagination of many, but since the service rendered seems going to be personal; it would be more suitable to stick with singular form imagination. Unless the norm of service is to cater collectively that sort of thing.

True also, slogan need not to be grammatically correct.

Short, catchy, will usually work.

So which is it? [crazy]

I thinks both is correct [scholar]

Both is ok, but first seems better, imo.

'where imagination comes to life', this implies imagination is a single entity, instead of a collection of thoughts, if that is the idea.

You will realize English grammer is already very easy, after you learning other languages. [bigcry]

epic-fail-photos-school-of-fail-german-and-you-thought-english-was-bad.jpg

i would use the 1st one.

Even if it's correct, if 90% think it's "wrong", u've already lost out.

unless u want to come up with some super ahbeng type of english, then pple will remember it for the wrong reasons

nvm lah.. whether right or wrong still better than nokia lumia's slogan.. i cant remember but think it's something like "we bring exciting to you". until today, i still dont freaking understand how that mangled sentence of gibberish went through the nokia marketing approval process. [shakehead]

(edited)

While learning Russian and French, I realised too.

'where imagination comes to life', this implies imagination is a single entity, instead of a collection of thoughts, if that is the idea.

You will realize English grammer is already very easy, after you learning other languages. [bigcry]

Edited by Davidtkl

My company sent 2 of my colleagues for German language course but both came back blur than ever.......the only word they have perfected is "Schei

So which is it? [crazy]

Oh btw i would take the 1st too