Tires for avante in JB

Philipkee

yah promotions for tyre only....the price does not include labour charges etc...in the end u pay more than what u get from outside....

Supercharged

Bros, do you know that those imported tires into JB / West Malaysia were actually imported via SIN ? (Due to SIN was tax free country -7% GST can re-claim back from IRAS)

Importing tires into MY need to pay MY Sales Tax of 10% & MY Import Tax of up to 40% ! (10% + 40% = 50% plus)

So, where got cheap ? Like one stomper said. even JB vehicles also replace their new tires here and some even change over used one at MY and back to SIN for another new set of tires just to escape from the MY Taxation and get more "legal high profits !!

Unless you use their domestic brand such as Sime & other local produced brands but tire's quality & comfort is diff !

Bro, are you sure SG tires cheaper?

I am lookign to change and planning to go JB in the next few mths...

I got quotation in SG for GR90 - SGD170 a piece last week. This will be SGD170x2.4(assuming rate)=RM408 per shod

I got a fren in KL to help me to get a quote and he quoted me at RM360 a piece but this was like early this year - both MIT...so still feel MY tires are cheaper...unless now prices have changed drastically...btw size is 195/65/15.. :blink:

I got quotation in SG for GR90 - SGD170 a piece last week. This will be SGD170x2.4(assuming rate)=RM408 per shod

I got a fren in KL to help me to get a quote and he quoted me at RM360 a piece but this was like early this year - both MIT...so still feel MY tires are cheaper...unless now prices have changed drastically...btw size is 195/65/15.. :blink:

ehh... bro, u wana drive to KL with the worn tyres? dangerous rite?

Supercharged

ehh... bro, u wana drive to KL with the worn tyres? dangerous rite?

nolah...still got like 6-8 mths left...won't wait until really botak lah Bro...but thanks for the concern...

i am lookign at GR90 or XM2 - but yesterday got one shop offer me MXV for SG150...is MXV better than this 2? He says it is...so not sure leh..

(edited)

For 195/65/15,

MIJ GR90 ard $165

MIT XM2 ard $140

This is what I was quoted few months ago

If you don't mind make in Malaysia tyre, can also go for

Continental Comfort Contact 5, ard $130 for 195/65/15.

Edited by Mahjong74

I find really very tiring to buy a set of tyre got to do so much of effort.

compare tyre models / brands / prices / place the tyre produced / now even to the extend of oversea like JB to KL [bounce2]

we are already so busy and tired why should we do that.

And what makes you 100% you got apple and apple comparision?

SPend your time and effort eles where which more cost effective.

I find really very tiring to buy a set of tyre got to do so much of effort.

compare tyre models / brands / prices / place the tyre produced / now even to the extend of oversea like JB to KL [bounce2]

we are already so busy and tired why should we do that.

And what makes you 100% you got apple and apple comparision?

SPend your time and effort eles where which more cost effective.

I got all my pricing via a single phone call. Simple as that. Just sharing some

good info with pple in MCF who still got passion in cars.

Well, apparently I have make it in life to have a comfortable 9 to 6pm Mon - Fri job and also very free to

become a NKF volunteer helping the poor and needy during weekends.

You can carry on to enjoy your busy and tired lifestyle.

actually its normal when we buy thing we compare price.

but in the case of buying tyres. my personal experience, comparing price is not enough. mean not the cheapest, same model of course its the best.

a few thing to check also. eg. dom? all the tyre valve will be replace? all the 4 tyres balance?

what other free services it come with? got free lifetime rotation? free puncture repair? free nitrogen?

1 rotation cost average 20sgd? 4 time= 80 sgd .

1 puncture cost 8 sgd 3 puncture for 4 tyres = 24 sgd

nitrogen = 20 sgd.

and lastly personally for me. i look for for workmanship abrove every thing else.

Bros, do you know that those imported tires into JB / West Malaysia were actually imported via SIN ? (Due to SIN was tax free country -7% GST can re-claim back from IRAS)

Importing tires into MY need to pay MY Sales Tax of 10% & MY Import Tax of up to 40% ! (10% + 40% = 50% plus)

So, where got cheap ? Like one stomper said. even JB vehicles also replace their new tires here and some even change over used one at MY and back to SIN for another new set of tires just to escape from the MY Taxation and get more "legal high profits !!

Unless you use their domestic brand such as Sime & other local produced brands but tire's quality & comfort is diff !

↡ Advertisement