CNA: Wild Boar Sightings in Sgp

Vulcann

(edited)

wild boars are very dangerous creatures..thats why action are taken swiftly

Think only dominant male r violent due to territorial, should just let the piglets auto roam between parks. Yesterday bishan GRC meeting n 95% present wanted to cull them... Sad sad

Edited by Tayspiderx
↡ Advertisement

Wonder if you encounter wild boars while you are walking or jogging at those parks, would they attack you for no reasons or they would leave you alone? Cause heard story that stray dogs would attack passer-by for no reasons! [:/]

Animals turns agreesive only if threaten, territory n safety threaten... So view the animal from a distance is all fine

5 year old boy got rammed by one boar in Bishan, flew one metre and escaped serious injury? Zhun boh, or they make up this story to justify the culling? KBW said he very concerned wor.

That is y Singapore Eco system so limited...

Think only dominant male r violent due to territorial, should just let the piglets auto roam between parks. Yesterday bishan GRC meeting n 95% present wanted to cull them... Sad sad

they are quite dangerous to public lah, but they are delicious :D

Animals turns agreesive only if threaten, territory n safety threaten... So view the animal from a distance is all fine

they have limited space so they are more likely to be threatening when they are hungry :huh:

there are car, bike to watch out for on the road, and monkey and cros in some park, dun want a boar to run over you when walking in the park -_-

(edited)

NIMBY syndrome at play again?

This time though it is something between those outsiders who want the Boars to be left alone versus those residents who have had enough of these forest visitors.

Somehow I think the Boar clan can be proud that their adventures outside their territory will be brought up in the human parliament...

[rolleyes]

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1209472/1/.html

MP Inderjit Singh hopes wild boar issue can be resolved quickly

By Evelyn Lam | Posted: 23 June 2012 2051 hrs

SINGAPORE: MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, Inderjit Singh, hopes authorities can look for a way to resolve the wild boar issue quickly.

He was speaking to the media after a closed door dialogue with some residents who live near the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park, where two wild boars were spotted on Friday.

Several residents have seen the wild boars around Lower Peirce Reservoir.

On Friday, a wild boar reportedly charged at a security guard and a five-year-old boy at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park.

Some residents are now worried that the wild boars may pose a danger to their personal safety.

But others said it's not a big problem, as long as residents keep their distance from the animals.

Channel NewsAsia understands about 40 people attended the closed door dialogue.

95 per cent of them support the move to reduce the wild boar population.

Apart from residents, there were also representatives from various government agencies.

Mr Inderjit Singh said: "The wild boars have shown that they can attack, so we would have to resolve this quite urgently and that NParks (National Parks Board) gather as much research and information as possible to resolve this quickly.

"It is quite logical to see that the food in the forest must be running out, because the numbers are large so the wild boars are now exploring further away from the jungle area to look for food."

- CNA/ck

Edited by Vulcann

Is Bishan CC organizing a communal Suckling Pigs Roasting feast this weekends, after catching the wild boars?

I saw on TV the three delicious small baby wild boars......looks yummy and good for suckling style roasting.

Remind me of the saga on old folks facilities in HDB, people know there is a need, but don't want it to be in their neighborhood..

Sama sama, if the wild boars are not affecting my neighborhood and safety, then don't cull it...

To me, it is a balance of what the land can provide... if it is unbalance, then something has to be done!!!

Sama sama, FT issues... a balance has to be reached to how many FT can the land can handle.

(p/s: I will not implying FT is a wild boar!)

Supersonic

But heard passer-by got attacked by stray dogs when they are jogging at those PCN, and those stray dogs just appeared from nowwhere! So wonder if one fine day while you are jogging at those PCN and encountered wild boars, will they just charge at you and attack you even you mind your own business?!

might as well we kill anything everything that attack.

Errrrr......that will have to include humans too...... [laugh]

(edited)

Dear like-minded MCF bros & sis,

MAKAN OPPORTUNITY!!!!

Let's grab our nets and weapons and head towards Bishan Park NOW before the authorities or worst the PRC/Thai FW brigades get to it before we do.

I am more worried about our human population problem than our local wilderness defending their way of life.

<_<

Edited by Wishcumstrue

(edited)

passerby_amazed_by_sight_of_pack_of_wild_boar-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Qitt was amazed to see a pack of wild boars crossing the road at Lower Peirce Reservoir, near Casuarina Road, at 9pm on June 23.

Said the STOMPer:

"I spotted a large number of wild boar at Lower Peirce at 9pm on June 23.

"This was spotted after the incident that happened at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park.

"I was amazed and surprised when I saw this large number of wild boars roaming around at the side of road and crossing.

"It never occurred to my mind that I would see these animals on the street!"

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg..._wild_boar.html

so many wild boars crossing the road!

Edited by Stooky
↡ Advertisement