Family Ignores Reservoir Sign & Takes Big Dog For A Walk

Vulcann

As long as these canines are on leash, it is alright to bring them to parks or beaches right?

Have seen local-looking folks unleashing their pedigree dogs big and small along East Coast Parkway beaches so not really fair to paint the foreigners in a bad light here.

Then again really a nuisance to encounter the unleashed doggies running around especially when you are jogging or cycling and some breeds like German Shepards seem to a real menace to other park users though I have never heard of one injuring anyone...

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...for_a_walk.html

Posted on 24 Jun 2012

Foreign family ignores sign at reservoir park and takes big dog for a walk

foreign_family_takes_big_dog_for_a_walk-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Merlion Wayfarer encountered some inconsiderate park users at the Lower Peirce Reservoir. They were noisy, rollerblading and had a big dog in tow. According to the sign at the entrance, dogs are not allowed.

Said the STOMPer:

"Inconsiderate park users who can't read signs.

"I met some inconsiderate park users today at the Lower Peirce Reservoir.

"The most noisy was this foreign family with four kids.

"Two of them bladed all the way from the park entrance to reservoir, while the other two bawled very loudly that you could hear them from the other side of the boardwalk across the reservoir.

"The parents were talking loudly to control the kids.

"They even had a huge dog which took up half the boardwalk's width in tow.

"The weird thing is that obvious signs were placed at the entrances of the boardwalk at both sides, and they chose to ignore them."

↡ Advertisement

As long as these canines are on leash, it is alright to bring them to parks or beaches right?

Have seen local-looking folks unleashing their pedigree dogs big and small along East Coast Parkway beaches so not really fair to paint the foreigners in a bad light here.

Then again really a nuisance to encounter the unleashed doggies running around especially when you are jogging or cycling and some breeds like German Shepards seem to a real menace to other park users though I have never heard of one injuring anyone...

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...for_a_walk.html

Posted on 24 Jun 2012

Foreign family ignores sign at reservoir park and takes big dog for a walk

STOMPer Merlion Wayfarer encountered some inconsiderate park users at the Lower Peirce Reservoir. They were noisy, rollerblading and had a big dog in tow. According to the sign at the entrance, dogs are not allowed.

Said the STOMPer:

"Inconsiderate park users who can't read signs.

"I met some inconsiderate park users today at the Lower Peirce Reservoir.

"The most noisy was this foreign family with four kids.

"Two of them bladed all the way from the park entrance to reservoir, while the other two bawled very loudly that you could hear them from the other side of the boardwalk across the reservoir.

"The parents were talking loudly to control the kids.

"They even had a huge dog which took up half the boardwalk's width in tow.

"The weird thing is that obvious signs were placed at the entrances of the boardwalk at both sides, and they chose to ignore them."

I believe they came in a car. Report to the Authority

As long as these maids and owners pick up the dog poo. I got no complaints.

yah man recently many new dog owners DO NOT PICK THEIR DOG POO and my neighbourhood area got more and more poo and urine.

I don't understand why they let their dog urinate on the lampost, signposts. They should teach their dogs to do it under the tree or bushes.

yah man recently many new dog owners DO NOT PICK THEIR DOG POO and my neighbourhood area got more and more poo and urine.

I don't understand why they let their dog urinate on the lampost, signposts. They should teach their dogs to do it under the tree or bushes.

+1.

Recently an ex-actor was fined for voluntarily causing hurt to a woman who ignored his "advice" of picking up her dog's poo.

Folks are that annoyed by irresponsible pet owners... :angry:

Turbocharged

To these foreigners, a park is a place for walking dogs. [laugh]

I think all this hoo-haa is because some people have phobia of dogs, or cannot come into contact with them for whatever reasons - and here they have to squeeze past this "big" dog on a narrow walkway.

Supercharged

I pick up my dogs poo. But im surprised park cannot bring dog

you can bring dogs to parks. its the nature reserve portion that they dont allow dogs to go into, which i don't understand the rationale of this law. Is it because AVA doesnt want the wild animals to get in contact with domestic pets for fear of transmitting diseases?

The stomped pic is showing the ang moh family walking into the nature reserve portion of the park.

Good wad.. give fertilizer to the plant & tree.. better than those bird poo on ur car rite ? [laugh]

There is a dinstinction between a PARK and a NATURE RESERVE, which most ppl may not be aware of.

NParks allows dog on leash in areas marked as PARK.

NParks do not allow dog in NATURE RESERVE.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_197973.html

But with the boardwalks etc.. PARKS are being extended into NATURE RESERVE.

I guess if the dog stays on the leash, and is walking within the boardwalk, then it is ok.

Even at the new Bishan Park, if the leashed dog is walking on the footpaths.. is ok.

But the dog cannot enter the eco areas such as the wetlands.

Supersonic

As long as these maids and owners pick up the dog poo. I got no complaints.

Also the dog dont attack passer-by. [:p]

you can bring dogs to parks. its the nature reserve portion that they dont allow dogs to go into, which i don't understand the rationale of this law. Is it because AVA doesnt want the wild animals to get in contact with domestic pets for fear of transmitting diseases?

The stomped pic is showing the ang moh family walking into the nature reserve portion of the park.

Well.. there are many pple dislike dog or cant touch dog in sg.. in taiwan pple bring their dog to shopping centre or anwhere they wans..

Turbocharged

Maybe the story is cook up by STOMP content producers to generate traffic?

Last time only believe STOMP 50 50...Now any(every) story in STOMP could be fake and fabricated...

↡ Advertisement