Outside work, learned any new things lately?

KARTer

Most people picked up new things eg hobbies already when they we're younger. Major new things may be things like looking after baby if they are new/first time fathers? What else? :D

Hunting, or spotting wild life? Wild boars?

↡ Advertisement

Learnt that managing a forum is like managing a country. Never can please everyone. Have to go with the flow.

When you instill rules, sure got idiots who break it, and start their own. there the CSJs, the riffraffs and the other characters, JUST like when you have a society!!!

Most people picked up new things eg hobbies already when they we're younger. Major new things may be things like looking after baby if they are new/first time fathers? What else? :D

actually what saf teaches is very useful...

esp the low wall..many yrs back...in the inland provinces of china...

i once used to technique to sneak in n out of a university campus...

the security guard didnt even know i was there...lying right on top the wall.. :D

but u cant blame them la...soldiers vs security guards...

we reservists sure win them :D

Still cannot get over the 'boars' things har..... :blink:

I thought you got something new to share like how to hunt for 'lovers haunt' or where got better & cheaper rooms for short spell... [:(]

I learn that deny everything is best for everything in life.

Car accident? Deny everything.

Work c--k up? Deny everything.

Offend someone? Deny everything.

If all else fail, then Ignore Everything.

Because whatever you do, in the end Nothing Else Matters really. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.

For me, Life teaches a lot of new things, even the smallest little things.

Like e.g reading this forum, it has made me tone down a lot on the road.

Not that i had a lot to begin with... Hehe

It's a matter of determining my own perspective that makes it beneficial (or not).

What's next? (yea picked up that one too..) ^_^

actually what saf teaches is very useful...

esp the low wall..many yrs back...in the inland provinces of china...

i once used to technique to sneak in n out of a university campus...

the security guard didnt even know i was there...lying right on top the wall.. :D

but u cant blame them la...soldiers vs security guards...

we reservists sure win them :D

Spotted:- Singapore ex-soldier breaking into renowned female dorm in china university!!

Seriously, some guards are ex-PLA, but you beat them!! :D

I learn that deny everything is best for everything in life.

Car accident? Deny everything.

Work c--k up? Deny everything.

Offend someone? Deny everything.

If all else fail, then Ignore Everything.

Because whatever you do, in the end Nothing Else Matters really. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.

Yes, but maybe we must exclude self denial :o

Still cannot get over the 'boars' things har..... :blink:

I thought you got something new to share like how to hunt for 'lovers haunt' or where got better & cheaper rooms for short spell... [:(]

Wait lah, when another chain opens to compete with hotal81, there will be new things :D

(edited)

Learnt that managing a forum is like managing a country. Never can please everyone. Have to go with the flow.

When you instill rules, sure got idiots who break it, and start their own. there the CSJs, the riffraffs and the other characters, JUST like when you have a society!!!

Can consider offering moderator post to students doing advanced post grad Management diploma students as industrial attachment / internship? Let them have a first hand tastes of the challenges?

Edited by KARTer

our beloved sAf leh..dun play play...and hey..u spotted me...

PLA only mah...nooooo big deal :D

but hor...really felt like Sam Fisher when i was lying there looking at the guard walk pass me...too bad..didnt have a knife and was never authorised to use one... [sweatdrop]

but was really fun...didnt really realise this technique was this good till the gf and her frens told me...me quite brave back then..sars..flew to china...came back almost gana quarantine...parents almost disowned me because of this... [lipsrsealed]

geez..i really miss those bold and carefree days

Spotted:- Singapore ex-soldier breaking into renowned female dorm in china university!!

Seriously, some guards are ex-PLA, but you beat them!! :D

frankly i hv to answer no to this question, if u ask me for anything specific. yes i like reading journals, macro economics, investment related stuff but i dun thk tat is so much as learning new things as these are more like current affairs and shd b taken as part of lifelong learning.

tis the 6th yr in my job so can say its a "stagnant, stable, comfort zone" stage for me. for pple like me in this stage, if dun do something proactive sure day in day out, weekend come weekend go. esp now, my wife taking some professional exams i very bored ah..

Learnt that managing a forum is like managing a country.

It's nothing like managing a country (especially ours). Those managing the country have six zeros in their annual paycheque. You get exactly zero. [:p]

So lucky it was 4 years of smooth sailing for me as Hon. President of a voluntary organisation years back (in-fighting stopped).

I learnt from a scholar that I can actually answer a question with another question! [laugh]:D

Hahaha i know which question.. [laugh]

That last reserve -emergency only- dunno the answer kind of question.

↡ Advertisement