S

HP_Lee

What's your poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Good or Bad

• Good News
    • Bad News

the news was first posted in ST...

Is this an even up attempt to hot scandal topics?

(edited)

(The Workers') Party's performance in this area, especially in Parliament, is patchy at best.

Since its stunning performance in last year's election, it has hardly made an impact in Parliament.

On the two major debates (ministerial salaries and the budget), the party either fumbled or didn't bring new ideas to the table.

It is showing signs of an identity crisis, sometimes looking like PAP Lite, and not like a true-blue opposition party seizing the agenda and running with it.

Tapping ground sentiments to win elections is a short-term tactic. If it has ambitions in the middle term of becoming a strong force in Parliament and in the long term of being an alternative to the PAP, a clear differentiation in ideologies and strategies is needed.

Waiting for the PAP to implode is like chasing the rainbow in the sky. You can never catch it!

Yes, it's not only BAD, it is the sad, but REAL TRUTH about the WP!

Edited by Timbuktu

It is showing signs of an identity crisis, sometimes looking like PAP Lite, and not like a true-blue opposition party seizing the agenda and running with it.

yet this is the reason WP is now the #1 opposition party rather than true blue SDP which opposes anything PAP has to give.

I am not a WP supporter. I have always been calling WP, PAP-lite. But that is a clear positioning. How can anybody suggest they have a clear positioning, and in the same breath accuse them of having an identity crisis?

I dont think I know of too many Singaporeans who thinks that everything PAP does is wrong - we just want a PAP that behaves like a gentleman that doesnt play dirty, who treats Singaporeans fairly (rather than favouring foreigners and elites), and one that is not so arrogant and can genuinely listen to humble less educated folks.

WP occupies that niche today, and that is a clear identity.

PAP should watch and learn, or prepare to hand over power to WP. But not in 2016. 2021, more likely. But, like I said, WP will make a good PAP coalition partner. David Boey's Year 0 will never happen as long as PAP is willing to work with WP.

SDP also has a clear identity, often maligned as radical, when the correct word should be "principled". The good thing is that they dont pander to the masses. The bad thing is that their ideals dont resonate with the masses and I dont see them winning any seats in the near future. They will continue to be the conscience of Singapore, but not much more.

NSP, SDA, SPP, RP...these are the ones with the real identity crisis. Who are they? What do they stand for?

(edited)

Til now then I realize your anti psychology works wonders to any one who read your posts.

you are dispensing the right antidote all this while and I failed to see or read between the lines of your cleverly disguised sentences.

I finally know your real intentions and I apologize to you personally for being crude.

Thanks Tim, you have silently suffered so much pain.

I support everything you post as inversely uniting us to stay strong and hope that our parliament becomes one with the people they represent.

Majulah Singapore!

Edited by Tigerwoods

yet this is the reason WP is now the #1 opposition party rather than true blue SDP which opposes anything PAP has to give.

Could it be that many/most of them from the same education background, so not used to think out of the box?

Could it be that many/most of them from the same education background, so not used to think out of the box?

You mean attended PAP kindergarten??? [laugh]

You mean attended PAP kindergarten??? [laugh]

Hahaha.. [laugh] Good one..

Though maybe in their toddler time this kindergarten is yet to exist.

Hahaha.. [laugh] Good one..

Though maybe in their toddler time this kindergarten is yet to exist.

OT a bit....this recent HG by-election, I asked my friend's young daughter who she support. She replied PAP 'cos she attended PAP kindergarten last time and not WP kindergarten. I was [laugh][lipsrsealed]

I have already stated and the rules state, no political threads! This thread will be closed!

↡ Advertisement