Indonesia: Batam Trip - Where to go/visit?

Berncsp76

Nothing to do?

I have a colleague that goes every weekend and cannot get enough.

Come to work on Monday always feel sad and cannot wait for weekend to go again.

:D

• Praise 2

On 3/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

I noticed there are 4 ferry terminal at batam. Which one do u guys choose? Need to apply visa to go batam?

depends on which resort you are staying, the resort will usually advice you on the nearest terminal where they will arrange transport.

no need visa to go batam.

• Praise 2

On 3/7/2023 at 3:15 PM, Jman888 said:

depends on which resort you are staying, the resort will usually advice you on the nearest terminal where they will arrange transport.

no need visa to go batam.

Boss, the last time i visited batam was 30yr+ ago. Which terminal is walking distance to shopping centre and hotel?

On 3/7/2023 at 3:40 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Boss, the last time i visited batam was 30yr+ ago. Which terminal is walking distance to shopping centre and hotel?

if you are walking to Batam centre shopping mall and short distant from Nagoya Hill, then is batam centre terminal.

the other terminals cater for the nearby resorts if you just want to nua and skip the shopping.

• Praise 2

On 3/7/2023 at 3:49 PM, Jman888 said:

if you are walking to Batam centre shopping mall and short distant from Nagoya Hill, then is batam centre terminal.

the other terminals cater for the nearby resorts if you just want to nua and skip the shopping.

Any hotel recommendation for Batam centre ?

On 3/7/2023 at 3:13 PM, Jamesc said:

Nothing to do?

I have a colleague that goes every weekend and cannot get enough.

Come to work on Monday always feel sad and cannot wait for weekend to go again.

:D

He must have a small tree three there!😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 3/7/2023 at 4:51 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Any hotel recommendation for Batam centre ?

I haven't stayed at batam centre before as I mostly stay at the resorts either east or west of the island.

My girl stayed at Harris HARRIS Hotel Batam Centre which is just next to the ferry terminal and opposite the mall, very very convenient [laugh] easy to call taxi or arrange day tour for activities in batam, 20min taxi ride to Nagoya Hill where many sporean like to go shopping and massage.

• Praise 1

On 3/7/2023 at 6:26 PM, Jman888 said:

I haven't stayed at batam centre before as I mostly stay at the resorts either east or west of the island.

My girl stayed at Harris HARRIS Hotel Batam Centre which is just next to the ferry terminal and opposite the mall, very very convenient [laugh] easy to call taxi or arrange day tour for activities in batam, 20min taxi ride to Nagoya Hill where many sporean like to go shopping and massage.

I think Nagoya Hill is Chinatown of Batam

• Praise 1

On 3/7/2023 at 6:26 PM, Jman888 said:

Thanks. Which hotel u usually stay and which terminal u use? 

Turbocharged
On 3/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

I noticed there are 4 ferry terminal at batam. Which one do u guys choose? Need to apply visa to go batam?

used to frequent there in my O&G days. 

Sekupang - nearest in distance to Harbourfront. Nice hotel there is KTM beach resort. Sometimes the same ferry extends to Holiday inn resort nearby which has its own harbour. You'll see Funtasy island on this route... this island 'sold' to Singaporeans to turn into a cheaper Sentosa cove. Whatever became of it?

Harbourbay - 2nd nearest. Got brand new Westin hotel there at the harbour.

Batam Centre - the traditional centre of Batam. Most shops/malls around here. Furthest distance from Harbourfront.

Nongsa - almost across from Changi. Secluded beach resorts far from towns. Ferry also from Tanah Merah. 

• Praise 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:54 PM, Karoon said:

Sekupang - nearest in distance to Harbourfront. Nice hotel there is KTM beach resort. Sometimes the same ferry extends to Holiday inn resort nearby which has its own harbour. You'll see Funtasy island on this route... this island 'sold' to Singaporeans to turn into a cheaper Sentosa cove. Whatever became of it?

Batam Centre - the traditional centre of Batam. Most shops/malls around here. Furthest distance from Harbourfront.

Nongsa - almost across from Changi. Secluded beach resorts far from towns. Ferry also from Tanah Merah. 

Thanks bro. Harbourbay got Westin hotel and what else there?

Turbocharged
On 3/7/2023 at 8:02 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Thanks bro. Harbourbay got Westin hotel and what else there?

not too far away from a cluster of hotels like Swiss-bell, Planet holiday, and big malls like Nagoya.

btw its Marriott not Westin.

• Praise 1

@Karoon 

On 3/7/2023 at 8:21 PM, Karoon said:

not too far away from a cluster of hotels like Swiss-bell, Planet holiday, and big malls like Nagoya.

btw its Marriott not Westin.

Nagoya Mall within walking distance?

On 3/7/2023 at 7:54 PM, Karoon said:

Now that is a name I very long never see. Always go to that ferry terminal when I was working in a sub-con in Batam.

↡ Advertisement