Indonesia: Batam Trip - Where to go/visit?

Berncsp76

55 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Sounds like nothing else to do there... I was looking to do Bintan as a result cos I can't seem to find what to do in Batam... family activities with my kids actually... shopping is out for little ones... hehe...

Batam is more 'localise' got a few shopping, sport activities, sightseeing, seafoods, etc at quite reasonable price.

Bintan on the other hand more atas, and usually after you check into the resorts and enjoy the activities, spa and food within the resorts, you will hardly get out, the 'shopping' in the island is like non existent.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

28 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Batam is more 'localise' got a few shopping, sport activities, sightseeing, seafoods, etc at quite reasonable price.

Bintan on the other hand more atas, and usually after you check into the resorts and enjoy the activities, spa and food within the resorts, you will hardly get out, the 'shopping' in the island is like non existent.  

Thanks for the summary! So Batam more like pasar malam, and Bintan more like luxury mall....

I don't care much for shopping, more into the beach and water activities and playgrounds for the little ones... so probably Bintan for me... heh heh... just need to convince the wife to take the ferry first of all...

1 hour ago, jcmm said:

Nothing much in Batam for young kids. I was there, just relaxed with beer n kids swimming... my kids are happy as long as they get out of the house. 

Nice! Hope my kids are like that too... at the moment, they're very happy to play at different playgrounds... 🙂

6 hours ago, teomingern said:

Thanks for the summary! So Batam more like pasar malam, and Bintan more like luxury mall....

I don't care much for shopping, more into the beach and water activities and playgrounds for the little ones... so probably Bintan for me... heh heh... just need to convince the wife to take the ferry first of all...

yes sounds like Bintan resorts will suit your agenda more.

• Praise 2

If you're in Indo and kid needs paracetamol syrup, avoid local or India-made ones which Indo imports from..

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/indonesia-finds-some-cough-syrups-contain-ingredients-linked-fatal-child-kidney-2022-10-20/

it seems the culprit is DEG which is used to dilute it. Big screw up.

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Karoon said:

If you're in Indo and kid needs paracetamol syrup, avoid local or India-made ones which Indo imports from..

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/indonesia-finds-some-cough-syrups-contain-ingredients-linked-fatal-child-kidney-2022-10-20/

it seems the culprit is DEG which is used to dilute it. Big screw up.

I bought some panadol extra from batam before, they are very cheap like 20% of the price in sg.

but then no effect at all, I threw them away.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

gg batam dec, so we need to produce covid cert (physical or digital) + install their PeduliLindungi app w registration?

Any other stuff that i need to take note? been a while since I've been to batam even b4 covid.

TIA..

Just now, zipping said:

gg batam dec, so we need to produce covid cert (physical or digital) + install their PeduliLindungi app w registration?

Any other stuff that i need to take note? been a while since I've been to batam even b4 covid.

TIA..

I always carry COVID cert whenever I travel.

None of those you mentioned is required.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I have the hardcopy cert showing two jab vaccinated status. 😁 

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

33 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I have the hardcopy cert showing two jab vaccinated status. 😁 

I also keep a softcopy of the cert on my cellphone.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

o.O

when i was booking e boat tix, there is a notice on e requirement on entery....need 2 hav covid vaccine cert + install PeduliLindungi app?

20 minutes ago, zipping said:

o.O

when i was booking e boat tix, there is a notice on e requirement on entery....need 2 hav covid vaccine cert + install PeduliLindungi app?

I went in July. I was told that Vaccine cert + App required.

In the end, no one checked whether I have it or not

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I went in July. I was told that Vaccine cert + App required.

In the end, no one checked whether I have it or not

tks 👍

Just went last week. Brought along the hard copy cert but didn't need to produce it. The app....i didn't even download that. They encouraged mask up over there but not compulsory. Just remember to do the SG arrival declaration from ICA website in advance before coming back.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Ray7456 said:

Just went last week. Brought along the hard copy cert but didn't need to produce it. The app....i didn't even download that. They encouraged mask up over there but not compulsory. Just remember to do the SG arrival declaration from ICA website in advance before coming back.

tks 👍

43 minutes ago, Fibo said:

I plan to go batam for 3d2n, leaving this Thursday morning, 29 dec. Should I buy ferry ticket online or buy over the counter on that day itself? 

https://www.easybook.com/en-sg/ferry/booking/singapore-to-batam

Thank you. 

i buy online from batamfast direct, go collect ticket at counter on the day.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1