Indonesia: Batam Trip - Where to go/visit?

Berncsp76

Haha..my company specifically advised against traveling to Batam unless absolutely necessary during this period. Better to be safe than sorry.

During your next company general meeting, you may suggest to re-locating to Tanjung Pinang, it's further but safer there [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

haha think my missus will be bored to death if i go range. [sleeping]

Need to do similar things also.

Btw need to change to Rupiah anot huh? or they take SGD? but ex rate not so good rite if use latter? [rolleyes]

Go nagoya isabella. Cheap and good massage. Can try the 4hr package from head to toe. But its the clean one ah... No special one hor. [sweatdrop]

After that can go bowling at waterfront or BCS for a movie or shopping or karaoke..

Practically nothing much to do in batam.. If you have a van there can go berelang bridge, nothing much to see though, just sea from heights thats about it. Theres a few seafood kelong on the 3 island from berelang bridge, island name is galang. Best go with a local whom speaks javaness else you get carrot chop high high.. Alternative stay at hotel make babies during the afternoon as its hot hot there. [laugh]

Alternative to good seafood, forget about the golden prawn shisss.. Go to harbour bay ferry terminal, walk along the stretch where it leads you to the river (you will pass carefour). The seafood there is ala carte style like hawker. Great view of the sea from the raised up planks flooring like kelong style. You can choose from different shop (example go to shop A for fish, go to shop B for clams and shop c for crabs, so on and so ... remember to ask for the price first before order and make sure the waiter write correctly) Estimated cost is between 50 - 80 for table of 6 including beers fish, crab, clams and vege soup.

There are few nice pubs around. If you like to shake backside, go harmoni hotel lobby disco at night from 8pm onwards (here you can pick up cheweks if you want, dun be fooled if they tell you 1 shot 200SGD.. The market rate is 300SGD 1 whole day, however tg pinang and balai is whole lot cheaper - 150k - 250k ruppiah for 1 whole day 24hrs including free washing of clothes if you want), if you like simple american jazz can go to harris.

Edited by Maka

(edited)

Hello Brother,

I found a MB E240 V6 good car at below for you to take over, rest assured that you'll be driving around to see lot's of head turning [thumbsup]

post-62943-1340642498_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fongmy

Once TS step into nagoya, he'll be twisting like your cute avatar miao miao lor [laugh]

Hahaha Nagoya really good if walk without wifey, if got wifey then go bring barelang sightseeing (its cheap :D )

(edited)

Hahaha Nagoya really good if walk without wifey, if got wifey then go bring barelang sightseeing (its cheap :D )

Sharing below with TS [:p]

Super Honest Man Itinerary :

Day 1;

07:00 Morning Call.

08:30 Breakfast at Hotel.

09:30 Assemble at Hotel Lobby.

09:40 Leave Hotel for Full Day Sightseeing Tours.

10:00 Arrival at Wet Market for 2 hrs. Free & Eazy Tour.

12:00 Lunch at Street Hawker Stalls.

13:00 Assemble at Street Corner.

13:15 Leave Street to Shopping Center for 1/2 Day Window Shopping.

13:30 Arrival at Shopping Ceter for 4 hrs. Free & Eazy Window Shopping.

17:30 Assemble at Shopping Center Information Counter.

17:40 Leave Shopping Center to return Hotel.

18:45 Dinner at Hotel.

20:30 Return Hotel Room to watch EURO 2012 repeat telecast.

23:59 Lights-Off and Kissing each other for Good Night.

Day 2 Until to Day of Departure are as above schedules, subject to boring status for last minutes changes. [:(]

Edited by Fongmy

Batam or Bintan never cheap for Sinkies, the way , we walk, talk and eat macham King & Queen, so they will kill us softly . . . wake up blur like sotong yet kenna grill till well-done, still damn blur, dun know what happened.

Spa, massage and ' raba raba ' session all the same, they know how to ' kotok ' till your pant drop on yr knee.

Wan cheap & good, dun go Batam / Bintan . . . Go Koh Samui. or ChiangMai.

If you can speak simple thai, a place can hire thai galfren, who can cook, wash, and take care of your well-being 2300 hrs a day, better than your wife can do.

Thy work harder, stronger and more gentle on your little one, only need to tips them well, the rest is history . . . she will shack you dead tired ! Tmr all over again and again, what one need is really more oysters, lobsters and Dom, caviers, prawns and fresh grill fish, down wif wine to replenish the souls . . .

Skip Isabella... Go to Sports Massage...

Opposite Harmony Hotel, Nagoya....

Go nagoya isabella. Cheap and good massage. Can try the 4hr package from head to toe. But its the clean one ah... No special one hor. [sweatdrop]

After that can go bowling at waterfront or BCS for a movie or shopping or karaoke..

Practically nothing much to do in batam.. If you have a van there can go berelang bridge, nothing much to see though, just sea from heights thats about it. Theres a few seafood kelong on the 3 island from berelang bridge, island name is galang. Best go with a local whom speaks javaness else you get carrot chop high high.. Alternative stay at hotel make babies during the afternoon as its hot hot there. [laugh]

Alternative to good seafood, forget about the golden prawn shisss.. Go to harbour bay ferry terminal, walk along the stretch where it leads you to the river (you will pass carefour). The seafood there is ala carte style like hawker. Great view of the sea from the raised up planks flooring like kelong style. You can choose from different shop (example go to shop A for fish, go to shop B for clams and shop c for crabs, so on and so ... remember to ask for the price first before order and make sure the waiter write correctly) Estimated cost is between 50 - 80 for table of 6 including beers fish, crab, clams and vege soup.

There are few nice pubs around. If you like to shake backside, go harmoni hotel lobby disco at night from 8pm onwards (here you can pick up cheweks if you want, dun be fooled if they tell you 1 shot 200SGD.. The market rate is 300SGD 1 whole day, however tg pinang and balai is whole lot cheaper - 150k - 250k ruppiah for 1 whole day 24hrs including free washing of clothes if you want), if you like simple american jazz can go to harris.

Isabella is Good...

i tried the 3 hours one... and totally felt good after that with my wifey...

but the problem lies with the bed they have...

they dun have those that you can put your face into when you lie face down...

and i change my neck left and right until buay tahan....

but the massge standard is damn good...

The holiday inn one (dunno wat tea spa) oso lose...

and Harris one only win in atmosphere...

(edited)

Batam or Bintan never cheap for Sinkies, the way , we walk, talk and eat macham King & Queen, so they will kill us softly . . . wake up blur like sotong yet kenna grill till well-done, still damn blur, dun know what happened.

Spa, massage and ' raba raba ' session all the same, they know how to ' kotok ' till your pant drop on yr knee.

Wan cheap & good, dun go Batam / Bintan . . . Go Koh Samui. or ChiangMai.

If you can speak simple thai, a place can hire thai galfren, who can cook, wash, and take care of your well-being 2300 hrs a day, better than your wife can do.

Thy work harder, stronger and more gentle on your little one, only need to tips them well, the rest is history . . . she will shack you dead tired ! Tmr all over again and again, what one need is really more oysters, lobsters and Dom, caviers, prawns and fresh grill fish, down wif wine to replenish the souls . . .

Hello, Bro Meanmachine,

[:(] Sad to hear you late, already confirmed and booked ChiangMai 7-7-12 ~ 10-7-12 4D3N with 皇后夹到 [crazy] .

Can you help to PM me your above Koh Samui & ChiangMai contact details for my next Artillery Live Firing Mission ?

If can join you and tag along your familiar trails would be marvellous, kindly input my name into your Kakies Name List.

Thanks in Advance. [wave]

Edited by Fongmy

Isabella is good but overprice.

Go to Sports Massage.

Can't download the price here. Some problem with MCF.

But 3 hours massage is Rupiah 285,000

Rate Rupiah now is 1 Sing = 7,400 rupiah.

So 3 hours massage $38.50

I usually and go and have 2 hours massage. 195,000 rupiah ($26.35).

From Batam Centre to Nagoya 50,000 rupiah. If use outside taxi around 40,000 rupiah. The problem why many kena over price is because many can't speak Bahasa Indonesia.... That all....

Isabella is Good...

i tried the 3 hours one... and totally felt good after that with my wifey...

but the problem lies with the bed they have...

they dun have those that you can put your face into when you lie face down...

and i change my neck left and right until buay tahan....

but the massge standard is damn good...

The holiday inn one (dunno wat tea spa) oso lose...

and Harris one only win in atmosphere...

Go to Sports Massage.

From Batam Centre to Nagoya 50,000 rupiah. If use outside taxi around 40,000 rupiah. The problem why many kena over price is because many can't speak Bahasa Indonesia.... That all....

Bro do they provide free transport?

cause actually i went isabella staying at Holiday Inn... (Took 45 mins to get to Nagoya)

and they arrange to send us to eat our dinner before sending us back to hotel also...

so overall ok la...

but u r right... the price at Isabella on the high side...

mine 3 hours i think SGD 50 bucks...

Supercharged

Go to Sports Massage.

Go to ESKA. This one is on the same row of Isabella. its on the other side of the shophouse, nearer to Morning Bakery coffee cafe. Green colour shop.

Its as big as or bigger than Isabella. I just tried last week. Thai massage, only S$20 for full 2 hours. Other massages also around the same price. Aromatheraphy massage with oil cost $24 for full 2 hours.

They got hair spa, manicure, pedicure package for gals too.

Nope no free transport. Isabella charge more because the transport to and from the massage centre is actually your own money hidden as free transport.

Sports Massage opposite Harmony Hotel, it is around 10 minutes walk from Nagoya Hill shopping centre...

If I am not mistaken Sports Massage also provide free transport if there is a certain number going there from hotel.

cause actually i went isabella staying at Holiday Inn... (Took 45 mins to get to Nagoya)

and they arrange to send us to eat our dinner before sending us back to hotel also...

so overall ok la...

I been to Batam every 3 month for massage for the last 10 years. Have tried almost all the massage there....

Eska, Isabella....Frankly i think Sports Massage is the better one....Frankly most of the massage there is better than the one in Singapore... (but of course my favorite is still Thai)....

Here is a simple guide to know whether you have a good massage. The trick is once you finish your massage, your body shouldn't felt any pain at all...

Go to ESKA. This one is on the same row of Isabella. its on the other side of the shophouse, nearer to Morning Bakery coffee cafe. Green colour shop.

Its as big as or bigger than Isabella. I just tried last week. Thai massage, only S$20 for full 2 hours. Other massages also around the same price. Aromatheraphy massage with oil cost $24 for full 2 hours.

They got hair spa, manicure, pedicure package for gals too.

I think 2 hour should be max.

Because after 3 hours massage, I don't think many people can take it.... (body become like jelly hehehehehehe)

so overall ok la...

haha think my missus will be bored to death if i go range. [sleeping]

Need to do similar things also.

Btw need to change to Rupiah anot huh? or they take SGD? but ex rate not so good rite if use latter? [rolleyes]

well, batam not alot of things to do, the city center is only about the size of singapore's chinatown, i only go batam twice, both time book with travel agency, thus come with bowling, message etc to spend the time -_- the go kart is not recommend as it is a lousy track even compared to M;sia one [:)]

Supercharged

I been to Batam every 3 month for massage for the last 10 years. Have tried almost all the massage there....

Eska, Isabella....Frankly i think Sports Massage is the better one....Frankly most of the massage there is better than the one in Singapore... (but of course my favorite is still Thai)....

Here is a simple guide to know whether you have a good massage. The trick is once you finish your massage, your body shouldn't felt any pain at all...

well actually u r right about Sports Massage. I like it better, except that its not at the Nogaya Mall. so its not that convienent. but those who dont mind, go for it.

↡ Advertisement