Neighbor rented out whole flat

Bluepica

My neighbor rented out his whole unit legally 2 yrs ago before going oversea for study. He informed me about it.

But recently, I think the tenant inside there are getting out of control. It's a 3room HDB. sometimes I see, pinoy lady dressing skimpily moving in and out of the flat, sometimes PRC ladies dress as restaurant workers.... the wooden door is always open, like a dorm. The bicycles parking at the corridor are almost invading to my door area.

I don't have my neighbor contact and reporting to HDB will surely sour me and my neighbor's relation....

any idea how to go about it?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

My neighbor rented out his whole unit legally 2 yrs ago before going oversea for study. He informed me about it.

But recently, I think the tenant inside there are getting out of control. It's a 3room HDB. sometimes I see, pinoy lady dressing skimpily moving in and out of the flat, sometimes PRC ladies dress as restaurant workers.... the wooden door is always open, like a dorm. The bicycles parking at the corridor are almost invading to my door area.

I don't have my neighbor contact and reporting to HDB will surely sour me and my neighbor's relation....

talk to the tenants directly?

Try talk to your neigbour(via fb or email) as he sure got people help him collect rent and check on the house. So let his representitive speak to them. My 2 cents

if you worried about being the bad person,

just let RC/CC/MP do the job (to inform HDB)

anonamous tip off

Turbocharged
(edited)

...sometimes I see, pinoy lady dressing skimpily moving in and out of the flat, ....

So why are you complaining?? [laugh]

Seriously, if you suspect or know that some law is being broken, you should report it and let the authorities investigate.

If you do nothing, and then something serious develops, to some extent you've contributed to the problem by keeping quiet.

There was this recent big case in the USA recently where a famous football coach was convicted of child molestation. He was actually caught in the act and reported some years before by another coach, but his chain of superiors chose to keep quiet. In the ensuing years, some other kids became victims, and could've been prevented. Same principle here, IMHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State_sex_abuse_scandal

Edited by Sosaria

go inside n happy with the tenant pinoy lady 1st [laugh] [laugh] then report to hdb or town council...

Supersonic
(edited)

You sure it's not the tenant who's sub-letting?

This happens ..... illegally, of course!

Many times the owner will rent the whole unit to one tenant, and then the tenant will illegally rent out the rooms in the unit to other tenants. That's why sometimes you might find many different nationality living in one unit. So the best option is to inform HDB and let them investigate.

But can the owner of the house rent to different people under one unit? [:/]

Edited by 13177

it was the tenant out of control, and he is overseas, how would that get sour?

just report lor :D

Call hdb and town council and mp and minister....one of them should respond

need to send in the CNB, SWAT, ICA or not??

Many times the owner will rent the whole unit to one tenant, and then the tenant will illegally rent out the rooms in the unit to other tenant. That's why sometimes you might find mnay different nationality living in a unit. So the best option is to inform HDB and let them investigate.

But can the owner of the house rent to different people under one unit? [:/]

yes.. can only rent to 1 party for hdb.

This could be the work of rogue agent. Normally, the agent act for the owner and rent out to these ppl without checking. In any case, if the owner can proof that he is not aware of the activities in the house since he is away. He shld be just given a warning and ask to terminate the rental contract immediately.

pinoy lady dressing skimpily moving in and out of the flat [thumbsup][sly]

sometimes PRC ladies dress as restaurant workers [sly]

the wooden door is always open, like a dorm. [confused]

The bicycles parking at the corridor are almost invading to my door area. [:|]

overall, [sly]

How will informing HDB sour your relationship? If your neighbour is in the dark, you are actually helping him.

if u like your neighbour, talk to him abt it.

if u dun like your neighbour, just call HDB.

which part is complex?

if u like your neighbour, talk to him abt it.

if u dun like your neighbour, just call HDB.

which part is complex?

he wants to keep the pinoy and get the PRC out, thats a bit complicated [laugh] [laugh]

Supersonic

yes.. can only rent to 1 party for hdb.

This could be the work of rogue agent. Normally, the agent act for the owner and rent out to these ppl without checking. In any case, if the owner can proof that he is not aware of the activities in the house since he is away. He shld be just given a warning and ask to terminate the rental contract immediately.

Meaning if i have 3 bedrooms in my unit, i can only rent to one tenant. I cannot rent to 3 different group of tenant for my 3 bedrooms? [:/] So if there are different nationality staying in one unit, it could be either the owner of the house illegally rent to different people or the tenant illegally sub-rent the rooms to other people? [confused]

↡ Advertisement