Most fun to drive car that's still available new or used

Verve

(edited)

[laugh] The car that is one of the most underpowered in its segment that has only slightly above average agility wants a contender? U have a long list. Define practical (how many doors? Need boot? FC?) and I will give you another list you joke. Oh btw, the Mazda 3 u love so much is it a hatch back or one with boot?

FYI. I took out the Golf GTI, Giuletta, Roc and Megane RS and the Astra GTC cos they cost a bit more. Actually the Asta GTC is only 10-20K more than Mazda 3.

1) Subaru Impreza

2) Polo GTI

3) Ford Fiesta

4) Honda Civic

5) BnB Golf/Jetta

7) Ford Fiesta

8) Ford Focus

9) Suzuki Swift 1.5

10) Swift Sports

11) 308 GT

12) Citreon DS3

13) Pug 308

Among the ones you took out, Astra GTC have absurd torque steer. I tried it myself and is damn shocked. Not too sure about the new one. Only the Megane RS is truly a great handling car. Scirocco feels good only if the driver has lesser driving experience with different cars or is stepping up from B&B cars. After all, it's still FWD and the only strong points it has is its looks, turbocharger and DSG. GTI/Golf R is better because of AWD but you should really try the latest model Megane RS.

Edited by Coupecabriolet
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i can take corners in multi-storey carparks at abt 40-50km/h without having to brake or the ramp down from Clementi to AYE going towards Tuas.

just try it and you will know. no point talking abt it or based on hearsay. [laugh]

Sorry bro...nothing personal...I just find the whole thing hilarous... [laugh]

m3_fun.jpg

as above any suggestions ?

looking to inject a bit of fun into motoring life

and no i dont mean most expensive, but most fun to drive.

Lotus Exige Supercharged.

small and powerful car coupled with great handling is the most fun,you won't go wrong with it.

like what i have said, try a mz3 to believe it. otherwise, it's not hard to convince ppl.

did u read my post? I have driven other B&B cars before and mz3 is one of the best. it's not empty talk.

dun believe, try altis vs mz3 and see the difference.

I drove one around every day for 3 months. The question is, have you driven the likes of an MX-5 around for 3 months?

(edited)

Sorry bro...nothing personal...I just find the whole thing hilarous... [laugh]

Geez I have nothing against Mazda cars. I think the MX-5 and RX-7, and to a great extent, the RX-8 (I find the lack of turbo on this one disturbing), are really fun cars to drive around in. But this fella couldn't have chosen anything worse to bring to the thread. If Mazda ever spawns a legion of "VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO" meme contenders, this fella would be responsible for it.

Edited by Requiemdk

I drove one around every day for 3 months. The question is, have you driven the likes of an MX-5 around for 3 months?

In b&b car group, the mz3 may stand a chance, but not in the company of roadsters like mx5.

Among the ones you took out, Astra GTC have absurd torque steer. I tried it myself and is damn shocked. Not too sure about the new one. Only the Megane RS is truly a great handling car. Scirocco feels good only if the driver has lesser driving experience with different cars or is stepping up from B&B cars. After all, it's still FWD and the only strong points it has is its looks, turbocharger and DSG. GTI/Golf R is better because of AWD but you should really try the latest model Megane RS.

I agree. But they are matched against Mazda 3, a B&B car. Also, IMHO, looking good is part of being fun.

Geez I have nothing against Mazda cars. I think the MX-5 and RX-7, and to a great extent, the RX-8 (I find the lack of turbo on this one disturbing), are really fun cars to drive around in. But this fella couldn't have chosen anything worse to bring to the thread. If Mazda ever spawns a legion of "VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO" meme contenders, this fella would be responsible for it.

Also to add.. I think Mazda is a good P2P car. Like a Vios, Cerato Forte. But fun? I think even quirky cars like the 107 Pug has more fun in it than a Mazda 3.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Keeping strictly to the topic.

Fun cars bar none, one avail used(1020kg), the other avail new(820kg).:

post-71333-1342137366_thumb.jpg

post-71333-1342137424_thumb.jpg

post-71333-1342137480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Branzzz

Supercharged

i can take corners in multi-storey carparks at abt 40-50km/h without having to brake or the ramp down from Clementi to AYE going towards Tuas.

just try it and you will know. no point talking abt it or based on hearsay. [laugh]

I kup Clementi Mall 12 Floors ramp at 50km/h and Lor Halus down ramp at 60km/h. So my car more fun than yours? Cheaper and 2.0 also. [cool]

[laugh] The car that is one of the most underpowered in its segment that has only slightly above average agility wants a contender? U have a long list. Define practical (how many doors? Need boot? FC?) and I will give you another list you joke. Oh btw, the Mazda 3 u love so much is it a hatch back or one with boot?

FYI. I took out the Golf GTI, Giuletta, Roc and Megane RS and the Astra GTC cos they cost a bit more. Actually the Asta GTC is only 10-20K more than Mazda 3.

1) Subaru Impreza

2) Polo GTI

3) Ford Fiesta

4) Honda Civic

5) BnB Golf/Jetta

7) Ford Fiesta

8) Ford Focus

9) Suzuki Swift 1.5

10) Swift Sports

11) 308 GT

12) Citreon DS3

13) Pug 308

haha.. but unfortunately, most of the models you listed are more ex leh.. [:p]

if you can, list out a model with boot space, handling and in same price segment as mz3 leh.

in terms of price and practicality, I am not saying mz3 is the best, dunno why bros here misunderstand.

I am just saying that if TS wants a practical but yet offers a bit of driving fun, different from the typical crowd of B&B cars, then mz3 still can be a choice.

like I say, TS din say he wants something powerful or expensive, so that's why I listed out strengths for him to review lor.

(edited)

are you a troll or what? not only u go 40 to 50 in MSCP, u claim to cup corner up or down ramp at 40 to 50?

if one day one MZ3 drop from MSCP, we know its who liao.

well, i do it before entering the ramp upwards and downwards. my speed is clearly 40-50kmh without having to brake & car responds sturdily to it and really, it's like the steering inspires the confidence to do so. in fact, do it countless times already when assessing MSCP near my blk. [:p]

I dun dare to try with other models I have driven. But I recalled making a u-turn with vios at the typical speed I am used to in a mazda and the vios is like wobbling unsteadily already, not to mention entering ramp at 40-50.

however, I am not disrespecting other makes which I have not driven and perhaps, there are better handling makes or drivers, but I just list out an example of the handling ability of mz3. every brand has its own strengths and weaknesses. Just like famed Honda for VTEC, mazda for zoom-zoom feel etc....

Edited by Redboy

what do u think? I am only comparing with b&b cars, so though I know mx-5 is closely associated with iconic mazda miata, I cannot comment.

erm , seriously i personally find the mazda 3 not bad leh. handling is really above average as compared to other b&b cars.

a friend used to have a supercharged one. its quick !

finally, a supporter. [laugh]

i am just listing out honest opinions abt the car, since I have driven and think that it is considered fun-to-drive at a reasonable price.

for the price and package, quite ok already, isn't it? so cannot complain too much.

↡ Advertisement