Most fun to drive car that's still available new or used

Verve

do be my guest. It's all about anticipating. of course, only at my place MSCP :D

Please set a date to ur convenience

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

no problem. no disrespect to all the civics which has achieved some kinda cult status as well.

I dun deny civic's engine which is anytime superior to the mazda, based on my recent drive experience on new civic FD. [bounce2]

As for civic SIR, I have not driven but I have heard of its legendary status, so I do give it some respect [bounce2]

But as for handling, I am not sure on its ability to match a Mazda, comparing unmodded cars. As far as I am aware, Hondas are not normally renowned for handling capabilities. Maybe since you suggested, you can offer advice if u have driven both before. This is for the benefit of all.

Funny I never lost to a Mazda in a bend before, even if its a Rx-8 or Mx-5. I am driving a Honda with stock suspension [laugh]

He may not be be aware of the all around wishbone that Honda used in the previous generation of cars.

Funny I never lost to a Mazda in a bend before, even if its a Rx-8 or Mx-5. I am driving a Honda with stock suspension [laugh]

I never lost in a corner to Honda before. I am driving a lotusnw stock suspension also

(edited)

noted your suggestion. I know about Impreza's AWD capabilities but unfortunately, I have not driven it, so I will not disregard it, unless I have driven it.

All I know is, I have sat in Impreza before which belongs to one of my university course-mates. Interior still a tad cramped and noisy, but then it's the Boxer's engine note which spices up the drive.

As for Jetta, still more expensive, if you consider the overall running costs. I ever looked at Jetta 1.4 TSI at one point but the insurance quoted was significantly higher, as compared to other B&B cars, so any savings on FC and rd tax is negated. Not to mention, reliability on the gearbox is a question as somehow, it's not quite as reliable as a conventional 4-speed gearbox, so not too sure on the long-term maintenance costs. Nonetheless, Jetta TSI engine wins anytime but as for handling, I cannot comment further as to how it matches up.

For Focus, well again a worthy contender to consider renowned for handling but unfortunately, no chance to drive it yet, unless bros here can comment.

Checked the latest price list and still 5K more expensive.

Ah.. goal post shifted again....

1) from around the B&B price range to absolutely cannot be more ex than a Mazda 3. Despite the fact that a 1.4L Jetta being <10% more ex, also cannot.. 5K also cannot...Ok lor.. but a compare a 1 year old focus and 1 year old Mz3 lor.. since Ford depreciate faster. Happy?

2) I already asked you if you have any other criteria, you said no... now the interior cannot be cramped..

3) engine too noisy also bring up...

4) Now maintenance also factored ....

5) Reliability of gearbox is also a factor.

Eh, cmon la. I asked you a few time to state clearly all the criteria, you refused to be clear and explicit, everytime I offer you something more fun u pull a brand new criteria and say, "no a Mazda 3 is still better". You wanna have a proper discussion or are you insistent on behaving like a child?

Edited by Royho1979

(edited)

Pls ask him post video of him kup MSCP 90' bend at 50km/h

Edited by Mockngbrd

Neutral Newbie

I never lost in a corner to Honda before. I am driving a lotusnw stock suspension also

i lost to every car everytime, i drive a sclass v8 dunno what suspension~ [laugh]

(edited)

U all don't bother to deny Mazda 3 is a good car because any others u brought up which is better, he will say never try before so dunno

aiyoh. why the bros here has such a deep misunderstanding? I am very fair in reviews and will only review based on personal experience, not hearsay.

If I have not driven those makes, then I will be very honest loh and will not resort to bashing other makes cause that's unfair. Anything wrong with that?

I never said mz3 is best ultimate car but since just suggesting mz3 is a contender in the B&B group, worth considering based on personal experience.

I am not trying to praise the car, but it's really a good deal among B&B cars, considering the overall package

(conti drive feel, solid chassis, competent handling, great looks, reasonable price, jap reliability) What else can one expect?

Otherwise, what do bros here expect from the same price range in B&B category? Aiyoh, mai hiam and dun ai pi ai chi, lah.

Who knows, TS could be looking for practical sedan, reasonably priced with some fun in the drive as well. Earlier in the thread, people suggest those sportscar, cabrios, conti brands etc, so I thought of suggesting practical, reasonably-priced with some fun in the drive sedan loh.

Edited by Redboy

sometimes, it depends on the driver. maybe the driver in RX8 or MX5 drive slowly to let others admire the great looks [:p]

anyway, I have only driven new civic FD and will have to say that the drive feel and handling is not quite like Mz3, but nevertheless, the civic FD is a great car in all other aspects.

He may not be be aware of the all around wishbone that Honda used in the previous generation of cars.

Yes, I will be honest on this. I have not had the chance to drive old Hondas before, so I will reserve any comments.

Maybe whoever has driven old civics and mz3 can comment, just to give a fair unbiased opinion.

Pls ask him post video of him kup MSCP 90' bend at 50km/h

haha.. I am the only one driving.

If I can post video while taking the bend, then I guess I wouldn't be here already, discussing with all the bros here.... [laugh]

Anyway, I just take a wider turn away from the bend before making the turn, so nothing great.

It's just that I know the car can handle it confidently after a period of time driving it.

I cannot really observe the exact speed, that's why I mention speed range of 40-50kmh. It could be 40+

1) from around the B&B price range to absolutely cannot be more ex than a Mazda 3. Despite the fact that a 1.4L Jetta being <10% more ex, also cannot.. 5K also cannot...Ok lor.. but a compare a 1 year old focus and 1 year old Mz3 lor.. since Ford depreciate faster. Happy?

2) I already asked you if you have any other criteria, you said no... now the interior cannot be cramped..

3) engine too noisy also bring up...

4) Now maintenance also factored ....

5) Reliability of gearbox is also a factor.

Eh, cmon la. I asked you a few time to state clearly all the criteria, you refused to be clear and explicit, everytime I offer you something more fun u pull a brand new criteria and say, "no a Mazda 3 is still better". You wanna have a proper discussion or are you insistent on behaving like a child?

Ok bro. We have to be fair and objective and only comment when we have driven the makes. Only then, it will be a fair judgement.

I never said Ford and Impreza cannot contend, but I reserve any comments since I have not driven. Simple?

As for Impreza, I did not drive it but I sat in it before.

I already mentioned earlier that cramped interior can be a turn-off, isn't it? Even in my ride in the Impreza, I can sense the crampiness and I am not even a tall guy(I am less than 1.7m) Just imagine having to enter the car daily while driving it and live with the space, not to mention other passengers in the car.

As for Jetta, if you have driven both Jetta and Mz3, then you may post your review.

Otherwise, we will let other bros here to make a fair judgement.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Lol.. Bro don't be sad I drive a mz3 too.. It's my 2nd car .. But I still prefer my lancer glx manual ..mz3 really lack of speed unless u put M mode n drag like hell ..driving 40 50 up a mscp ramp can be done .. But it really depend on which mscp u are choosing to play wif ..I am sure it has be long enough to let the 40 50 to kicks in n it has to be a 2 wAy up down ramp ...but it srsly depend on how the person handle it .. A pro get a mid range car He can handle well, the car can go well a noob got a supercar(only haolian on straight road)cant handle it .. It will just bang anywhere..so whether it's fun car or not really depend on the ur own like .. so stop asking this poor bro to show his skill ..if u can't do it doesnt mean others can't ..

Edited by Slayerblah

Twincharged

i lost to every car everytime, i drive a sclass v8 dunno what suspension~ [laugh]

Because you got no guts,when taking a corner,S-Class "Airmatic" suspension,very comfort & good handling.

Accord euro r?and I feel that it's a fun car... Plenty in SGcarmart on sale now..good handling and tough engine..spacious interior too...

Neutral Newbie

Because you got no guts,when taking a corner,S-Class "Airmatic" suspension,very comfort & good handling.

thanks for reminding abt my benz features, i believed all my guests whom i fetched said so~

think i do not have to utilise all features everytime i drive out to roads & try hard to be racer with this LWB~ [;)]

↡ Advertisement