Most fun to drive car that's still available new or used

Verve

no-no. guess you have not driven mazda 3 before. find that a lot of people have negative opinions to offer abt mazdas, but I wonder if they have driven it.

mazda 3 is far from being a bread-&-butter jap car after one has driven it.

anyway, fun car doesn't have to be powerful, as TS also nv mention abt power as priority. :D

the mazzie has great road-holding and handling ability for the price it commands, so to me, it is most fun-to-drive car at a low price....

ermm.. then i rather go for Swift Sport. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

most here knows sh1t about car apart from quoting peak hp and fc, its true mazda 3 has better handling since it shares chassis w/ volvo s40 & ford focus , just that its 4sp is sh1t & so is its 1.6 engine

no-no. guess you have not driven mazda 3 before. find that a lot of people have negative opinions to offer abt mazdas, but I wonder if they have driven it.

anyway, fun car doesn't have to be powerful, as TS also nv mention abt power as priority. :D

the mazzie has great road-holding and handling ability for the price it commands, so to me, it is most fun-to-drive car at a low price....

How many other cars have you driven besides a Mazda 3?

Its one of the few times I've heard anyone describe a slushbox-equipped car as "fun".

How many other cars have you driven besides a Mazda 3?

Its one of the few times I've heard anyone describe a slushbox-equipped car as "fun".

Aiyo, maybe to him really fun to drive mah, don't put him down la. Individual preference... i also don't agrer, but who am i to deny ppeople's definition of fun..

MR-2, either 1st gen or the 3rd (MR-S) for the raw mid-engine driving feel when stock. The 2nd gen MR-2 isn't actually that good when stock, but I don't know anyone who keeps that thing stock. Insane modding potential on that one, timeless design (modeled after the Ferrari Testarossa, still looks fresh 20 years later) and when done right, boatloads of fun to drive. Honestly though, the MR-S handles better than the 2nd gen MR-2, but the 2nd gen MR-2 is more fun for some intangible reason.

IMO, the NA generation MX-5 is the only affordable equal to that, i.e. you can get either of these for about 40k or less now. Can't guarantee that you won't be spending more money on either 1. restoration works, or 2. mods, for either of these cars.

Neutral Newbie

Out of curiosity, what's the definition of "fun to drive" that my fellow Singaporeans hold?

Enquiring minds would love to know.

If you have the budget... Exige will be nice... Something really close to F1 racing... But then again... You really wanna spend $ on that?

Oh please. A car that is so underpowered its acceleration feels lethargic is fun? Yes. A car doesnt have to be powerful to be fun but the weight to power ratio has to be decent for it to have agility. I have driven a Mazda 3, but have you driven any other car other than a Mazda 3?

U wanna talk about cheap car with good handling and holding ability that is cheap? The Swift Sport trumps the Mazda easily yet no one mentions it in this thread because at the end of the day, its still far from most fun.

most here knows sh1t about car apart from quoting peak hp and fc, its true mazda 3 has better handling since it shares chassis w/ volvo s40 & ford focus , just that its 4sp is sh1t & so is its 1.6 engine

Wa.... so knowledgeable.... a Golf GTI and Roc also shares body and platform as a normal golf... therefore... they must have the same handling on the road?

Dun waste time lah.

B&B car u tell ppl fun to drive ?

Ur first car is it ?

Mz3 is really a good car except the power is not there. If there is an 2.3l option here, mz3 will be one of the best BnB car on the road.

Turbocharged

.......... The Swift Sport trumps the Mazda easily yet no one mentions it in this thread because at the end of the day, its still far from most fun.

Cos I mention Ignis Sport liao mah! the Father of Swift Sport... Ignis Sport cheaper than SSS and just as, if not more, fun than the SSS...

Turbocharged
(edited)

Bro, I've driven the M3 before lah...... although not on regular basis but enough to judge the car.

I said before and I'll put in more details on the Mz3. It's a sturdy, comfy and practical car with the continental feel to it. This car can do very well on cruising, esp up north.

MZ3 is:

- Practical

- Stable

- Comfortable

- sturdy and feels tough

- Solid steering feel, not to light or heavy

- quite spacious but cannot fight Altis/Lancer EX

As you can see...MZ3 is alot of things....but FUN is not one of them.

Edited by Pocus

From the cars I have own and driven, most fun is 2 seater cabrio.

Get one within your budget and enjoy the fun of topless drive! :D

like that dunno mata willl catch or not, but if woman driver is considered indecent exposure liao.

(edited)

as above any suggestions ?

looking to inject a bit of fun into motoring life

and no i dont mean most expensive, but most fun to drive.

what do you mean by fun? what is fun to you may be scary and reckless to others. so we have to do it sensibly.

for me fun is taking corner, squeezing through tight space, down gear to pull away, driving in the rain, feeling a bit of slip sliding, picking out your next victim on the road [sly]

So I guess most manual can achieve that depending how you want to drive it.

Oh yah, best not to have EBD, ABS, YAW, etc...

Edited by Phluvcat
↡ Advertisement