Most fun to drive car that's still available new or used

Verve

Twincharged

Jack Neo thinks Alphard most fun to drive

Not fun to drive,but most fun to have car park sex.!

↡ Advertisement

of course, I have driven cars such as altis, slyphy, sunny, getz, a4 etc but when I go back to driving such cars after driving the mz3, I just find something missing in the drive although power is not one of them. Even the more premium a4 doesn't give the feel.

perhaps, it is the drive/steering feel and handling feel which is probably one of the best in its price segment. Something hard to describe in words [laugh]

it's also the sturdiness when taking corners confidently or the beautiful interior/exterior which adds to the occasion of the drive.

I'd think swift sports is a worthy contender but unfortunately, it falls short in practicality, esp the crampy feel and lack of boot space.

I have taken swift sports before and it's definitely cramped even for 1.7m tall guy, not to mention low headroom and small boot space.

No doubt, it wins in power but for handling wise, I'd say it's up to people to comment.

Which part of "fun"can't you understand? We are talking about fun u bring in interior and boot space. Fine then. BMW M series. Take your pick. Better all around.. now go troll somewhere else.

Which part of "fun"can't you understand? We are talking about fun u bring in interior and boot space. Fine then. BMW M series. Take your pick. Better all around.. now go troll somewhere else.

I agree that we should talk about fun and not practicality.

I still give my vote to a swift sport

Turbocharged

To be fair, I haven't driven those newer BMW slushboxes, but the old-style boxes cannot compare to DSG/PDK. Although I know that torque converters could be "packed" to give a snappier response at the expense of refinement. But those are aftermarket.

As far as I'm concerned, though, fun involves car with a decent power to weight ratio, FR (if FF, it must be tailhappy), and a manual gearbox for control over your gears. It is also very satisfying to heel and toe a downshift.

Picking a car from the current available crop:

Lotus Elise/Exige

MX-5

Megane RS (no one mentioned this one yet)

Rs is a fun drive. Better if Rwd though.

zero comfort...

only bare essentials...

maximum fun...

affordable...

caterham 7...

Actually it's not too uncomfortable unless the weather is really cold, or wet, or hot. [thumbsup] The driver will find other cars like giants coz his eyes are same level as mid-mounted car plate in front, or even lower than their tail lights.

What's definition of fun to drive? I have quite a number of people telling me before that the past generation Alfas are most fun to drive. Some also say BMWs offer driving pleasure. Is that equivalent to fun too?

Let me try --- fun in corners or over twisty roads means controllable, nimble, flat, easy to recover even sometimes it loses (intentionally or otherwise) it's tail or even the front?

I agree that we should talk about fun and not practicality.

I still give my vote to a swift sport

Dun have to be a swift sport.. its just funny that his answer to why Mazda 3 is a more fun car compared to hot-hatches, MX5 and the Lamborghini would be the same: it has better cabin, practicality and bootsize... Totally off the point... we are talking about fun...

to be honest, I have driven many 1.5/1.6 bread-&-butter cars like altis, sunny, slyphy etc and I'd still think mz3 still the most fun to drive in its segment.

The highlighted part says it all. Maybe to you, the MZ3 might be the most fun in its segment (1.5 - 1.6 bread and butter cars). Nothing wrong with that.

But unless you've other cars not within this group, you can't say it's more fun than most other cars.

The highlighted part says it all. Maybe to you, the MZ3 might be the most fun in its segment (1.5 - 1.6 bread and butter cars). Nothing wrong with that.

But unless you've other cars not within this group, you can't say it's more fun than most other cars.

Even within that grp MZ will not be in the top 3 fun cars.

[cool]

to be honest, I have driven many 1.5/1.6 bread-&-butter cars like altis, sunny, slyphy etc and I'd still think mz3 still the most fun to drive in its segment.

WTF is a altis/sunny/syphilis/mazda 3 doing in this thread

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

Turbocharged

Actually it's not too uncomfortable unless the weather is really cold, or wet, or hot. [thumbsup] The driver will find other cars like giants coz his eyes are same level as mid-mounted car plate in front, or even lower than their tail lights.

When I drove the exige, looking at the rear view monitor was rather disconcerting. Even for a motorbike I was looking at his knees. A very weird feeling

of course, I have driven cars such as altis, slyphy, sunny, getz, a4 etc but when I go back to driving such cars after driving the mz3, I just find something missing in the drive although power is not one of them. Even the more premium a4 doesn't give the feel.

perhaps, it is the drive/steering feel and handling feel which is probably one of the best in its price segment. Something hard to describe in words [laugh]

it's also the sturdiness when taking corners confidently or the beautiful interior/exterior which adds to the occasion of the drive.

I'd think swift sports is a worthy contender but unfortunately, it falls short in practicality, esp the crampy feel and lack of boot space.

I have taken swift sports before and it's definitely cramped even for 1.7m tall guy, not to mention low headroom and small boot space.

No doubt, it wins in power but for handling wise, I'd say it's up to people to comment.

You are such a joke [laugh]

Go drive your mazda 3 lah. Sturdiness when taking corners.. which corner in sg? what speed?

still talk about interior, exterior and boot space.. [laugh]

When I drove the exige, looking at the rear view monitor was rather disconcerting. Even for a motorbike I was looking at his knees. A very weird feeling

best is at night the monitor become useless

yup, i stand by my point that mz3 is most fun to drive in its price segment, unless someone can list out another car which is a worthy contender.

Of course, dun tell me cars which are more expensive, then the list will be endless. [laugh]

i am just saying if TS considering a practical, fun-to-drive and reasonably priced, then it has to be mz3, unless some bros here can list out another contender.

You are such a joke [laugh]

Go drive your mazda 3 lah. Sturdiness when taking corners.. which corner in sg? what speed?

still talk about interior, exterior and boot space.. [laugh]

i can take corners in multi-storey carparks at abt 40-50km/h without having to brake or the ramp down from Clementi to AYE going towards Tuas.

just try it and you will know. no point talking abt it or based on hearsay. [laugh]

+1

Sounds like a Mazda salesperson, or someone with very VERY weird tastes or definition of fun. Or just someone who hasn't actually driven anything else other than a Mazda 3 before and just posting for the sake of it. With such an argument, you could even take out the engine from the Mazda 3 and he'd still find it fun. Heck, maybe just sitting in a Mazda 3 is fun for him. [rolleyes]

like what i have said, try a mz3 to believe it. otherwise, it's not hard to convince ppl.

did u read my post? I have driven other B&B cars before and mz3 is one of the best. it's not empty talk.

dun believe, try altis vs mz3 and see the difference.

↡ Advertisement