JB Crimewatch

Zxcvb

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/robber-shot-ramming-police-cars-123222979.html?nhp=1

Robber shot after ramming into police cars

Halim Said

New Straits Times

April 8, 2016

JOHOR BARU: A suspected robber was shot when police opened fired shots at a vehicle he was in, as he tried to ram his way out after being blocked by two police cars today.

The incident began when the two unmarked police cars, which were patrolling along Jalan Susur 3 off Jalan Tun Abdul Razak here, stumbled across the three suspects who were traveling inside a Toyota Estima.

According to Johor Baru South police chief Assistant Commisioner Sulaiman Salleh, one of the unmarked cars told the suspects to stop by the roadside while the other unmarked car drove pass the suspect's vehicle and blocked its way.

"The suspects tried to flee but was unable to move as the vehicle was sandwiched between the two cars. In a drastic move to flee, the driver of the Toyota Estima began to drive the vehicle forward and backward, ramming the two unmarked cars," he said.

Sulaiman said police personnel fired several shots at the suspects' vehicle in order to stop the driver from continuing his dangerous act.

"One of the shots hit the driver while the two others had minor injuries when they scuffled with the police personnel while being arrested," he said.

Sulaiman said the all the suspects were taken to Sultanah Aminah Hospital for medical treatment.

"Initial investigations revealed that the suspects were on the prowl to commit burglary," he said.

Police also found a 60cm long parang and a pair of gloves in the suspects' vehicle. All items were seized by police.

The case is investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/robber-shot-ramming-police-cars-123222979.html?nhp=1

Robber shot after ramming into police cars

Halim Said

New Straits Times

April 8, 2016

JOHOR BARU: A suspected robber was shot when police opened fired shots at a vehicle he was in, as he tried to ram his way out after being blocked by two police cars today.

The incident began when the two unmarked police cars, which were patrolling along Jalan Susur 3 off Jalan Tun Abdul Razak here, stumbled across the three suspects who were traveling inside a Toyota Estima.

According to Johor Baru South police chief Assistant Commisioner Sulaiman Salleh, one of the unmarked cars told the suspects to stop by the roadside while the other unmarked car drove pass the suspect's vehicle and blocked its way.

"The suspects tried to flee but was unable to move as the vehicle was sandwiched between the two cars. In a drastic move to flee, the driver of the Toyota Estima began to drive the vehicle forward and backward, ramming the two unmarked cars," he said.

Sulaiman said police personnel fired several shots at the suspects' vehicle in order to stop the driver from continuing his dangerous act.

"One of the shots hit the driver while the two others had minor injuries when they scuffled with the police personnel while being arrested," he said.

Sulaiman said the all the suspects were taken to Sultanah Aminah Hospital for medical treatment.

"Initial investigations revealed that the suspects were on the prowl to commit burglary," he said.

Police also found a 60cm long parang and a pair of gloves in the suspects' vehicle. All items were seized by police.

The case is investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder.

OMG!  Happened in JB?

Where is jalan Tun Abdul Razak?  It sounds familiar to me.

Those who are going to Malaysia, please stay safe.  CNA reported that  http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-on-high-alert-over-info-that-2-terror-suspects-heading-over-from-thailand-may

Hopefully they dun come to Singapore. 

Anyone else see this point of view?! Or I am the only skeptical one? [:p]

The Toyota Estima occupants thought the unmarked polis cars are robbers pretending to be polis. So they tried to run away when when got sandwiched they tried to ram their way out of the potentially life-threatening situation when the "robbers" pointed their guns at them.

60cm parang and a pair of glove enough to give weightage to the accusation that they are burglars on prowl of victims?

"The case is investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder."

What attempted murder? Murder of the polis or the "burglars". Who shoot gun at who? [confused]

Malaysia Boleh!

OMG!  Happened in JB?

Where is jalan Tun Abdul Razak?  It sounds familiar to me.

Those who are going to Malaysia, please stay safe.  CNA reported that  http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-on-high-alert-over-info-that-2-terror-suspects-heading-over-from-thailand-may

Hopefully they dun come to Singapore. 

Its the road between city square and CIQ.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

http://www.tnp.sg/news/world-news/johor-thieves-use-master-key-steal-cars

A car theft syndicate in Malaysia used a master key-like device to disable the security system of luxury cars, which were then stolen and sold below market prices. And one of the stolen cars, a Toyota Estima which was recovered, belonged to a Singaporean that was reported missing in Plaza Angsana on June 7, The Star reported. Malaysian police said they have arrested seven people related to the syndicate that was active in Johor and in Senai. Six stolen vehicles worth more than RM1 million (S$330,000) have also been recovered, reported New Straits Times. Johor police chief Datuk Wan Ahmad Najmuddin Mohd said seven people, including a husband and wife, were arrested. They allegedly stole imported luxury cars parked at shopping mall carparks. The stolen vehicles were later sold at lower-than-market prices. Mr Najmuddin said that the six cars were seized in separate operations in Taman Anggerik, Kempas, Johor, on Wednesday. He said: "Also seized was a device used like a master key that would deactivate the stolen vehicles' security system. "Wire cutters, likely used to start the car before they fled with the vehicles, were also seized."

Turbocharged

That's why I always said whatever car alarm is useless in Malaysia.. fixing up an alarm is waste of money.... just use some steering lock or obvious mechanical lock to let them decide is your car worth the extra time to cut it off or skip and aim for another car...

• Praise 2

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/gone-just-2-hours

They would drive to Johor to do their grocery shopping once or twice a month, but their routine trip ended in a nightmare for Singaporean couple Mr Tengku Kamarudin Abdullah, 63, and Madam Fauziah Mohamed Ali, 59 this time. The couple had lunch at a friend's house in Taman Skudai, Johor on Sept 18, after spending the morning shopping in Larkin and at Angsana Johor Bahru Mall. Mr Tengku, a taxi driver, had parked their silver Toyota Mark X two units away from his friend's home when they arrived around 1.30pm. When the couple were making their leave two hours, they realised that their car was missing. The couple made police reports in Malaysia and Singapore. 

• Praise 1

They would drive to Johor to do their grocery shopping once or twice a month, but their routine trip ended in a nightmare for Singaporean couple Mr Tengku Kamarudin Abdullah, 63, and Madam Fauziah Mohamed Ali, 59 this time. The couple had lunch at a friend's house in Taman Skudai, Johor on Sept 18, after spending the morning shopping in Larkin and at Angsana Johor Bahru Mall. Mr Tengku, a taxi driver, had parked their silver Toyota Mark X two units away from his friend's home when they arrived around 1.30pm. When the couple were making their leave two hours, they realised that their car was missing. The couple made police reports in Malaysia and Singapore.

Taxi driver by profession and owning a mark x at the same times.

singapore journalist so amateurish..  2hr is a LOOONG time to a car thief lor hor...   can prolly steal..  spray paint.. change plate.. come back and park same spot!  :XD:

• Praise 2

Correct me if I am wrong, seem like there is a pattern.

The MY robbers and snatch thief seem to like to target Chinese women.

Bloody racists.

And also sexists.

I am 100% pro women.

:D

• Praise 2

If unmarked polis car in Malaysia tried to stop me

I also won't stop. I will drive to the nearest polis

station and see if the car come in also. If fake

polis then they won't come in. 

• Praise 1

If unmarked polis car in Malaysia tried to stop me

I also won't stop. I will drive to the nearest polis

station and see if the car come in also. If fake

polis then they won't come in. 

What happens if the Police Station is also a fake?

Then what?

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3