JB Crimewatch

Zxcvb

Safest in KL ok

But JB?? Have a bit doubts now..

Yah I guess the minister never been to jB b4!

If he visit Jb for few days, i guess he too will be robbed..

Malaysia safest country in Southeast Asia, 19th in the world

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia has been recognised as the safest country in Southeast Asia and 19th the world, in the Global Peace Index (GPI) report for 2011, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein.

He said this was proof of the dedication, commitment and had work of all quarters, specifically the Royal Malaysia Police and related agencies.

"It includes the commitment shown by trained police volunteers from the People's Volunteer Corps (Rela) and Civil Defence Department," he said in a statement here Thursday.

He thanked the police and all the agencies involved for ensuring Malaysians were able to live safely, in peace and harmony.

Besides this, he said, last year, the overall crime index recorded a drop of 11% compared with 2010, way above the targeted 5% reduction.

The index for street crimes recorded a 40% decrease compared with 2009, thus meeting the target set, he said.

He said his ministry was committed to retaining the ranking this year by adopting two strategies, the first, beefing up the police with 14,739 more officers and men to conduct more patrolling activities, particularly in the "hot" areas of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Johor and Penang.

The rest of the states would get 24,000 additional personnel in all, he said.

The second strategy, he said, was to strengthen the Community Policing progamme by getting members of the public including from residents associations to participate in crime prevention programmes.

The initiative includes the 4-Personnel Patrolling Team in the "hot" areas as well as Sabah and Sarawak.

"Under the programme, police personnel will conduct patrols together with Rela and Civil Defence Department volunteers in selected areas to reduce the crime rate and in the process ensure that the people feel the presence of the police," he said. - Bernama

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

Thank you for reminding me that i am living and enjoying my life in the safest place in south east truly asia. The facts indictated that johor bahru is safer than singapore, the country in which i cabut from to hide from robbers.

Last Thursday was chased by a motorbike on my way back fr Benut via Pekan Nanas kampung rd.

At the junction I saw him there waiting so when he saw me he immediately jump on to his bike and follow me.

I speed up he followed when I reached the left turn to Kulai and traffic was heavy he stopped . No more taking this route taking this route to save the toll

Turbocharged

JB robbers smash S'porean's car window and steal handbag.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...car_window.html

After a recent trip to an open-air market in Johor Bahru (JB), Singaporean nurse Madam Hanny returned to her parked car to find a window smashed and her handbag stolen. Unknown to the thieves, their faces had been captured on a camera installed in Madam Hanny's car.

Recently, a 24-year-old man became the latest victim of violence in Malaysia when he got injured after taking on three men who tried to rob him of his girlfriend's laptop and his car. In another incident, a Singaporean family was held hostage in Johor Bahru for over three hours before being set free.

According to a report in The New Paper, Madam Hanny had gone up to Pasar Tani Larkin in JB on June 30 with her mother, elder sister and eldest son. She has been going there at least once a month for the last 10 years.

The group arrived there at 7.15am and parked their car, a seven-seater Hyundai Santa Fe, along the two-way road at Larkin Stadium, together with other Singapore-registered cars.

When the family returned to their car at around 9am, they discovered that the rear window on the right side of the car had been smashed, and that Madam Hanny's $320 handbag, which contained her work documents, a thumbdrive and spectacles, was missing.

The family drove to JB Central to make a police report, but Madam Hanny did not mention the camera at that time.

When the family returned to Singapore, they viewed the camera footage and saw three men circling the cars parked along the road before stopping at Madam Hanny's. She suspects they did so because they had seen her handbag on the floor at the back of the driver's seat. She says she had put a pillow over the bag to block it from view.

One of the men stood at the front of the vehicle, while the other two smashed the car window. The handbag was stuffed into a garbage bag before the men took off.

Madam Hanny returned to JB on Saturday morning to let the police have the camera footage.

Madam Hanny says the incident will not deter her from visiting Pasar Tani Larkin again.

Last Thursday was chased by a motorbike on my way back fr Benut via Pekan Nanas kampung rd.

At the junction I saw him there waiting so when he saw me he immediately jump on to his bike and follow me.

I speed up he followed when I reached the left turn to Kulai and traffic was heavy he stopped . No more taking this route taking this route to save the toll

Wah so dangerous? I love to use the pekan nanas road go north to places like yong peng or segamat to save on tolls. I am even planning a trip to kl using this village roads.

But anyway, one bike and u r scared? What can he do to u? Ram down your car?

After a recent trip to an open-air market in Johor Bahru (JB), Singaporean nurse Madam Hanny returned to her parked car to find a window smashed and her handbag stolen. Unknown to the thieves, their faces had been captured on a camera installed in Madam Hanny's car.

Recently, a 24-year-old man became the latest victim of violence in Malaysia when he got injured after taking on three men who tried to rob him of his girlfriend's laptop and his car. In another incident, a Singaporean family was held hostage in Johor Bahru for over three hours before being set free.

According to a report in The New Paper, Madam Hanny had gone up to Pasar Tani Larkin in JB on June 30 with her mother, elder sister and eldest son. She has been going there at least once a month for the last 10 years.

The group arrived there at 7.15am and parked their car, a seven-seater Hyundai Santa Fe, along the two-way road at Larkin Stadium, together with other Singapore-registered cars.

When the family returned to their car at around 9am, they discovered that the rear window on the right side of the car had been smashed, and that Madam Hanny's $320 handbag, which contained her work documents, a thumbdrive and spectacles, was missing.

The family drove to JB Central to make a police report, but Madam Hanny did not mention the camera at that time.

When the family returned to Singapore, they viewed the camera footage and saw three men circling the cars parked along the road before stopping at Madam Hanny's. She suspects they did so because they had seen her handbag on the floor at the back of the driver's seat. She says she had put a pillow over the bag to block it from view.

One of the men stood at the front of the vehicle, while the other two smashed the car window. The handbag was stuffed into a garbage bag before the men took off.

Madam Hanny returned to JB on Saturday morning to let the police have the camera footage.

Madam Hanny says the incident will not deter her from visiting Pasar Tani Larkin again.

Now jb robbers work 24 hours shift.. Last time 7am and they are still sleeping. Must be economy no good in jb. But i still feel very safe in my newly completed banglo in leisure farm

TALING JAYA - The downpour yesterday afternoon brought up not only a huge volume of water from a drain at Jalan SS22/41, but also half the remains of a man, minus its torso.

When the downpour stopped, pedestrians and motorists gasped in shock at the sight of the body, still clad in jeans, in the middle of the road.

The victim's feet was also missing. No identification documents were found.

District police chief Assistant Commissioner Arjunaidi Mohamed said judging from the state of decomposition, the victim might have been dead for several days.

"We are looking for the rest of the body," he said.

At the scene yesterday, the New Straits Times found policemen from the Forensics Unit and K9 unit dogs scouring the area for clues.

Five colleagues of missing real estate agent Tang Yong Ching turned up about 2pm to enquire about the body.

They feared the body could be that of Tang, a 45-year-old father of two from Ara Damansara, here, who has been missing since Thursday.

Tang went for a 5pm meeting with a prospective client the day he went missing.

He was last seen wearing a light-blue long-sleeved shirt, a pair of black pants and black shoes.

it looks like you are discouraging people from moving to MY so that you can have the whole place to yourself [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Wah so dangerous? I love to use the pekan nanas road go north to places like yong peng or segamat to save on tolls. I am even planning a trip to kl using this village roads.

But anyway, one bike and u r scared? What can he do to u? Ram down your car?

After he show you his shaft then you know 4 wheels or 2 wheels stronger... :D

Am i wrong to infer that this person left her handbag in plain sight on the seat or beneath the seat? [shakehead]

it looks like you are discouraging people from moving to MY so that you can have the whole place to yourself [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Yeah thats my intention. I dont wan to hide. I am having a good life staying in JB and I work at home almost daily. Its so peaceful @ 8am-5pm daily. I am in heaven without so many sinkies polluting the place.

After he show you his shaft then you know 4 wheels or 2 wheels stronger... :D

How can I be afraid of his two wheeler? My vehicle is almost 2 ton leh brudder. It can ram dead an adult elephant along the highway.

GEORGE TOWN - Seven people walked past snatch theft victim Tan Kim Chuan, 60, without lifting a finger to help her as she lay unconscious on the road with a cracked skull at the Rifle Range flats.

CCTV footage showed her lying on the road for about seven minutes.

Kim Chuan, who fell and knocked her head on the road in the 6.02am incident on Tuesday, succumbed to her injuries nine hours later at the Penang Hospital.

Her sister Lay Yong, 63, wants the passers-by "to listen to their conscience".

"Those who saw her should have done something the least they could have done was shout for help.

RELATED STORIES

2-year-old ran over by car, ignored by 18 passers-by

Passers-by said they didn't see girl lying on the street

After Yue Yue, passers-by rush to help another injured toddler

"How could they have just walked by? I am angry but what can I do?" Lay Yong said at the Penang Hospital mortuary yesterday.

She said Kim Chuan was on her way to the family-owned coffeeshop in Carnarvon Street.

She would take the bus every morning to help out at the coffeeshop.

"My sister was the sort of person who would not hesitate to help others. The snatch thief who did this to her was heartless," she said.

Kim Chuan, a widow who had just moved into the Rifle Range flats two weeks ago, was walking alone near Block J of the flats when her handbag was snatched by a motorcyclist.

At about 6.10am, three good Samaritans lifted her to the side of the road and called for an ambulance.

Penang Hospital Department of Forensic Medicine head Datuk Dr Zahari Noor said the post-mortem showed the cause of death was multiple injuries to the head.

"She suffered internal bleeding in the head and the back of her skull cracked when she fell and hit the road the impact was strong," he said.

The body will be cremated in Batu Gantong at 2pm today.

Meanwhile, George Town OCPD Asst Comm Gan Kong Meng urged the public to help police in catching the suspect.

"As we are unable to be everywhere at the same time, we value the information from the public, especially from those who may have witnessed the incident," he told reporters after paying his last respects to Kim Chuan at the Mount Erskine funeral parlour.

He also advised the public to always offer help to those in need.

"A swifter response could have saved her life," said ACP Gan.

Supercharged

Benut is where?

Do you mean you come from Geylang Patah to Pekan Nanas using the quiet kampong road, then turn right (if turn left is Pekan Nanas) at the junction to Taman U/Kulai?