Singaporeans lose jobs to FTs

Scion

Hypersonic

Recently placed an ad for Sales Co-ord.. celery up to 2.6k..so many so called FT applications.. Sgp applicants all at least 50 +..All these entry level jobs no takers for those 30 yrs old and below..

Many of my customers also facing the same issues..

boss... if got storeman job, please advertise here

thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Recently placed an ad for Sales Co-ord.. celery up to 2.6k..so many so called FT applications.. Sgp applicants all at least 50 +..All these entry level jobs no takers for those 30 yrs old and below..

Towkay, don’t discriminate those 50+ lah. Next time when I 50+ also might need that job as a sale co-ord

Edited by Vid
  • Praise 6

(edited)

if you dont have quota for manpower then you can join parents forum and see if you can get any referrals

or check with the grassroots in your office area to check any residents in your area looking for job

if urgent then work with employment agency to tide over or contact poly and get internspost-131345-0-66771100-1527817314_thumb.jpgpost-131345-0-40057900-1527817323_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

pls give the 50+yo Singaporeans a chance... gum xia [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

pls give the 50+yo Singaporeans a chance... gum xia [thumbsup]

I dun discriminate older workers ...

One thing for sure is Sgporeans comes first.. not like our ministars..

I'm actually looking for 80+ like TDM.. [:p] 

Applications come from overseas or FT already in SG?

50-50..mostly pinoy..

boss... if got storeman job, please advertise here

thanks

• Praise 2

I'm very worried.

So 50+ sporeans looking forward to earn up to 2.6k is considered overly demanding in their remuneration expectation, no wonder so many 50+ or even 40+ rather earn less n become taxi/grab driver, i can empathize with their decision.

Lastly, i'm not chastising ur post cos i know where u r coming from, i'm just feeling sad for 50+ sporeans, which i will become soon.

• Praise 3

Bro @commonjunks

brought up some good points in the reckless driver thread, i think it is good to post it here so that we could continue our discussion while not digressing the reckless driver thread.

This is what he has posted......

And every time i listen to govt. telling that they want old workers to work and making sure employer hire older workers (and keep raising retirement age).

Everyone want to squeeze all from a worker, when they want to pay less with long working hour, they can't expect local to take those jobs.

As being local these are few things we all do (at least what i do)

1) Home loan

2) Utilities (Gas/Water/Electricity)

3) Expenses (Food, Transportation)

4) Income TAX + CPF

5) Pay kids pocket money, their fees, misc. studies

6) Pay insurance Life/Medical (I work my own), and then also pay for kids

7) Some saving plan every month for kids future education (100-300/month) - if you can squeeze

8) Pay to old parents (if even you had anything left)

9) If can spare some money on own entertainment like going out and eating out

10) If can spare some money once a year on holiday with kids + expenses when overseas

11) Doctor (kids get fever)

12) Dentist (have to push due to expenses run over), although we never liked it but when once get pain they tell you got 3-4 teeth kena cavity

This is reason why you will see less local hired, because they don't want to work with shiti pay and they use this excuse to hire more foreigner.

Now you ask why foreigner can work and not local

As foreigner

1) they either can use transportation to travel to Singapore or live in shared facility (share rent/share bills)

2) they don't to worry about pay high home loan (i am not going to judge but in their home land homes will be cheaper as compare to earning power they had in Singapore).

3) Lets say they made 2k/mnth in Singapore and take home is 1K (in Malaysian context it could be 3k/mnth and in Indian/Chinese/ETC it would be even better).

4) Better paying jobs here as compare to back in their own home land (driving/low skill office job/cleaning/being house helper).

There are lot more points can be added but i think that will give brief idea on why Foreign talent are able snatch away jobs.

Maybe i went too of track, my apologies for lengthy write up.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

Why don't he go other countries to be a foreign worker then ? He will be reversing the roles and do away with the problems, right ? Get what I mean ? They also have to feed their family at home from abroad, no ? Btw, he didn't mention in the above grouses that he owns a car.

Edited by pinto22sg

Why don't he go other countries to be a foreign worker then ? You will be reversing the roles and do away with the problems, right ? Get what I mean ? They also have to feed their family at home from abroad, no ?

did you  think about how much is their salary there, their currency, the cost of living and compare with here ? 

Edited by Ct3833

did you use your head to think how much is their salary there, their currency, the cost of living and compare with here ?

yeah but cost of living is lower also right ? He also has a choice of working abroad where the cost of living is much lower also.

Did you read his posts that he owns a car but conveniently omit that in his grouses of things to pay ?

Those he cited are blue coat workers who do hard labour work. If we look at foreigner workers who work in high value work like IT professionals and financial professionals, they have to pay the high rent here without public housing, send their children to school here without subsidy, pay for transport cost and medical fees etc, what's the difference?

Edited by pinto22sg

Did you read his posts that he owns a car but conveniently omit that in his grouses of things to pay ?

he was not referring to himself but in general the employment landscape and the challenges face by the lower salary workers in SGP, so lets look at macro view, not about an individual though it might be posted by a particular person. If he is complaining about his situation, I wouldn't even be bother to repost it here .  

• Praise 1

And every time i listen to govt. telling that they want old workers to work and making sure employer hire older workers (and keep raising retirement age).

Everyone want to squeeze all from a worker, when they want to pay less with long working hour, they can't expect local to take those jobs.

1) Home loan

4) Income TAX + CPF

7) Some saving plan every month for kids future education (100-300/month) - if you can squeeze

10) If can spare some money once a year on holiday with kids + expenses when overseas

12) Dentist (have to push due to expenses run over), although we never liked it but when once get pain they tell you got 3-4 teeth kena cavity

This is reason why you will see less local hired, because they don't want to work with shiti pay and they use this excuse to hire more foreigner.

As foreigner

1) they either can use transportation to travel to Singapore or live in shared facility (share rent/share bills)

2) they don't to worry about pay high home loan (i am not going to judge but in their home land homes will be cheaper as compare to earning power they had in Singapore).

3) Lets say they made 2k/mnth in Singapore and take home is 1K (in Malaysian context it could be 3k/mnth and in Indian/Chinese/ETC it would be even better).

4) Better paying jobs here as compare to back in their own home land (driving/low skill office job/cleaning/being house helper).

There are lot more points can be added but i think that will give brief idea on why Foreign talent are able snatch away jobs.

I quite agree with point no. 12.

Everytime go dentist, surely got some problem. And they are not cheap to solve.

Knn should have studied to be a dentist

he was not referring to himself but in general the employment landscape and the challenges face by the lower salary workers in SGP, so lets look at macro view, not about an individual though it might be posted by a particular person. If he is complaining about his situation, I wouldn't even be bother to repost it here .

Which country doesn't have low income earners ?

I read his post, he said the list of grouses was what he and others go through. So he was actually referring to himself, his own grouses. Read carefully, and he is owning a car which is a luxury, which he conveniently leaves out among his long lists of obligations. Edited by pinto22sg

1) Home loan

4) Income TAX + CPF

As foreigner

13) you own a car.

13) you own a car.

14) I have a dog also  [flowerface]

At first i was not going to get car this time round, but when i sat down and did calculation of TAXES Paid (myself and my spouse) x 12 months x 10 years. It came out more than my car price (over span of 10 years), so i decided to suffer a bit more and get a car to have more convenience to send/fetch kids/wife/old man to doc (If i can tahan looking at "Thank you letter" for tax which return me no value "a bit selfish statement", i will feel more happy to provide some convenience to my family-plus i have some handicap family members).

I know some people will say save more for retirement, but believe me when we will reach to retirement age (if there is one) our saving will have no value due to inflation and prices are not going down but up for day to day stuff (including electricity/gas/water).

Which country doesn't have low income earners ?

I read his post, he said the list of grouses was what he and others go through. So he was actually referring to himself, his own grouses. Read carefully, and he is owning a car which is a luxury, which he conveniently leaves out among his long lists of obligations.

I shall wait for him or others to chip in . After all,  I am not him, not fair for me to make any assumptions on his behalf. 

Edited by Ct3833

I shall wait for him or others to chip in . After all, I am not him, not fair for me to make any assumptions on his behalf.

You do realise it’s an old nemesis taht is back rt
  • Praise 3

You do realise itâs an old nemesis taht is back rt

You really have an eye for such things, you are the right man for the job.

But you still can't tell who am I. Both of us fought, he got banned, and I got a temporary suspension . Till now I am still sour and do not want to give in and ask you to resume my temporarily suspended account . Anyway I am closer to you than you might know.

↡ Advertisement