Singaporeans lose jobs to FTs

Scion

I know some people will say save more for retirement, but believe me when we will reach to retirement age (if there is one) our saving will have no value due to inflation and prices are not going down but up for day to day stuff (including electricity/gas/water).

Then all the more reason to save more. It is either to have some or to have none. 

↡ Advertisement

Then all the more reason to save more. It is either to have some or to have none. 

Yes bro. 

I don't believe in save until today everyday eat porridge eat bread

But how also need abit to retire with ma

Thank you for reminding, but i do keep balance in saving/spending/investments.

Also it is very subjective on how much did one should save, different for everyone.

Lets share more reckless driving stuff and not reckless personal decisions  [laugh] .

14) I have a dog also [flowerface]

At first i was not going to get car this time round, but when i sat down and did calculation of TAXES Paid (myself and my spouse) x 12 months x 10 years. It came out more than my car price (over span of 10 years), so i decided to suffer a bit more and get a car to have more convenience to send/fetch kids/wife/old man to doc (If i can tahan looking at "Thank you letter" for tax which return me no value "a bit selfish statement", i will feel more happy to provide some convenience to my family-plus i have some handicap family members).

I know some people will say save more for retirement, but believe me when we will reach to retirement age (if there is one) our saving will have no value due to inflation and prices are not going down but up for day to day stuff (including electricity/gas/water).

wah... buy car can get income tax relief to pay less taxes?

can teach me..., sifu?

Why don't he go other countries to be a foreign worker then ? He will be reversing the roles and do away with the problems, right ? Get what I mean ? They also have to feed their family at home from abroad, no ? Btw, he didn't mention in the above grouses that he owns a car.

Ok brother, sorry i didn't mean to hurt anyone sentiment. I am not here to tell people to go back, i was just trying to give a broad picture that why companies keep saying local are not available to do job while local have a lot on their plate due to high cost of living here (i was recently in KL and the pamper i bought for my kids in Singapore was almost half the price i bought in KL "same brand, same size, same company").

I am sure a lot of other brothers will concurred with the list i wrote about, if you don't  agreed with my opinion no worries. Everyone have some opinion about something, some agree some don't.

• Praise 2

Ok brother, sorry i didn't mean to hurt anyone sentiment. I am not here to tell people to go back, i was just trying to give a broad picture that why companies keep saying local are not available to do job while local have a lot on their plate due to high cost of living here (i was recently in KL and the pamper i bought for my kids in Singapore was almost half the price i bought in KL "same brand, same size, same company").

I am sure a lot of other brothers will concurred with the list i wrote about, if you don't agreed with my opinion no worries. Everyone have some opinion about something, some agree some don't.

Ignore him

He’s a wasted individual lah

Clone of multiple accts

You really have an eye for such things, you are the right man for the job.

But you still can't tell who am I. Both of us fought, he got banned, and I got a temporary suspension . Till now I am still sour and do not want to give in and ask you to resume my temporarily suspended account . Anyway I am closer to you than you might know.

It’s only a forum, no need to make Ownself unhappy over it.

Plus you have many option, ignore , or don’t log in.

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 2

You do realise it’s an old nemesis taht is back rt

I checked with back mirror

definitely not me you are referring too

• Praise 1

yeah but cost of living is lower also right ? He also has a choice of working abroad where the cost of living is much lower also.

Did you read his posts that he owns a car but conveniently omit that in his grouses of things to pay ?

Those he cited are blue coat workers who do hard labour work. If we look at foreigner workers who work in high value work like IT professionals and financial professionals, they have to pay the high rent here without public housing, send their children to school here without subsidy, pay for transport cost and medical fees etc, what's the difference?

Limpeh got to serve NS plus annual ICT till 40 but they dont need. If tomorrow we become like HK, they can pack up and sayonara but limpeh have to stay back and defend my homeland. Tell me got difference or not.

wah...so is clone of which famous account?

ð¤£

His argument bo logic. We are talking about FT coming to take our jobs, his solution is to tell us to go other country to take other ppl job.
  • Praise 2

Limpeh got to serve NS plus annual ICT till 40 but they dont need. If tomorrow we become like HK, they can pack up and sayonara but limpeh have to stay back and defend my homeland. Tell me got difference or not.

His argument bo logic. We are talking about FT coming to take our jobs, his solution is to tell us to go other country to take other ppl job.

ok what... if go another country be their ft, can earn enough for me to buy gcb in singapore for my family and hire chauffeur for them to commute around in luxury cars i don’t mind going

Turbocharged

yeah but cost of living is lower also right ? He also has a choice of working abroad where the cost of living is much lower also.

Did you read his posts that he owns a car but conveniently omit that in his grouses of things to pay ?

Those he cited are blue coat workers who do hard labour work. If we look at foreigner workers who work in high value work like IT professionals and financial professionals, they have to pay the high rent here without public housing, send their children to school here without subsidy, pay for transport cost and medical fees etc, what's the difference?

Sorry bro..most of these talents are here on expat packages...of course some cum here on their own...but...majority..at least for the first 1-2 years...have 'hardship allowance'..

ok what... if go another country be their ft, can earn enough for me to buy gcb in singapore for my family and hire chauffeur for them to commute around in luxury cars i don’t mind going

On 8/28/2019 at 8:49 AM, Victor68 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/psp-will-take-up-issues-if-voted-into-parliament-says-tan-cheng-bock

I think those involved in IT would be very familiar with this tropic. How bad is the situation? Best to let people directly involve share it.

too late...

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/unemployment-for-locals-creeps-up-in-q2-mom

Unemployment for locals creeps up in Q2: MOM

The number of job vacancies declined for the second consecutive quarter to 47,700 in June, down from 57,100 in March, after accounting for seasonal variations.

This resulted in the ratio of job vacancies to unemployed people dipping below one for the first time in more than a year. There was 0.94 opening per unemployed person in June.

The softer job market was also borne out in the lower share of residents who managed to find a job within six months of being laid off in the last quarter of last year.

This re-entry rate fell to 60 per cent in the second quarter of this year, the lowest rate in at least four years, and down from 66.4 per cent in the first quarter of this year.

But the long-term unemployment rate for residents stayed flat at 0.7 per cent in June after being adjusted for seasonal variations. This refers to the share of the resident labour force who were unemployed for at least 25 weeks. 

The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for Singaporeans climbed for the third consecutive quarter to 3.3 per cent in June, up from 3.2 per cent in March.

For residents - Singaporeans and permanent residents combined - the rate was 3.1 per cent in June, up from 3 per cent in March, while the overall rate was stable at 2.2 per cent in June.

Professionals, managers, executives and technicians continued to make up the majority of locals retrenched, at 77 per cent.

The MOM noted that in the recent three quarters, more employees have been placed on short work-week or temporary layoff arrangements, which are typically viewed as better alternatives to retrenchments.

"This points to firms' growing caution amid uncertain economic conditions, though levels were still much lower than during recessionary periods," it said.

Meanwhile, growth in the number of people working here, excluding maids, slowed in the first half of the year to 16,900, down from 31,400 in the second half of last year, which had been boosted by the festive season, said the ministry.

• Praise 2