Singaporeans lose jobs to FTs

Scion

On 9/27/2019 at 12:36 AM, Karoon said:

Last month I followed an SG business delegation to China. At one dinner I sat at a table with 7 other members. All of us hold SG passports but only me and 2 other chaps were SG-born. The others were china natives.

This is what happens when you start "selling citizenship" to whoever you found attractive and worthwhile to represent your country. 

There is no such things as loyalty already. Either we change govt or the govt will change us with their policy.

Govt is also money minded. The business of the govt is to make money at the international arena. 

So you decide what do you want for yourself. 

↡ Advertisement

On 9/27/2019 at 12:36 AM, Karoon said:

Last month I followed an SG business delegation to China. At one dinner I sat at a table with 7 other members. All of us hold SG passports but only me and 2 other chaps were SG-born. The others were china natives.

Because sinkies prefer to do property or insurance. Frankly, sinkies are quite fortunate lot of people, we get to complain about lack of jobs, jobs going to foreigner, yet among us - some drives luxury cars.

If you were to follow the news recently, you get to see that there is an increase in case of fatal accidents caused by drivers some as young as 25 year old driving luxury sport cars. So the question now we should ask ourselves is it because we complain for the sake of complaining or is it those few minority that are jealous and envy of those we have found alternative source of income and push the blame to foreigners, or PR or whatevers. 

Something to ponder and give some thoughts.

Thing is.

Some smart citizens benefit from FTs.

Some can even get prizes for domestic helper film.

In that the official statement is correct.

The incisive question is how many locals are damaged by FTs because of merit.

It hurts but hey hard truths.

And when people are hurt, bad things happen because we give in to the dark side.

Its the sweets distribution to go along with the bitterness.

I just came back from a walk with the dog, along the way we heard a viet song sung happily in one of the pavilions.

They so happy because we built this through service. 

How many appreciate those low skilled/merit people who built the pavilion and those that created the security that these foreigners are enjoying?

会不会做人?

This let them eat cake behaviour by the ruling class is insufferable.

As a former FT, in another country, i fooly appreciate the politics.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Because sinkies prefer to do property or insurance. Frankly, sinkies are quite fortunate lot of people, we get to complain about lack of jobs, jobs going to foreigner, yet among us - some drives luxury cars.

If you were to follow the news recently, you get to see that there is an increase in case of fatal accidents caused by drivers some as young as 25 year old driving luxury sport cars. So the question now we should ask ourselves is it because we complain for the sake of complaining or is it those few minority that are jealous and envy of those we have found alternative source of income and push the blame to foreigners, or PR or whatevers. 

Something to ponder and give some thoughts.

I spoke with some property agents, they were in the profession because they were retrenched and could  not get back to the workforce of the same profession anymore, and at their age, no one else will hire them into a non relevant field, in order to get by, a few of the options for them are insurance or property agent, in fact I know some of them gave up after a year or so. Go look at the number of  insurance and property agents and see how competitive or how easy  and comfortable their life is. 

Among the unemployed group and those who are struggling to meet the end needs, how many are driving luxury cars ?   

What is the % of the accidents caused by youngsters ? or how many of them are  jobless ? Could those isolated cases be used to judge the wealth of the geberal society or the jobless situation  to begin with ? 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I spoke with some property agents, they were in the profession because they were retrenched and could  not get back to the workforce of the same profession anymore, and at their age, no one else will hire them into a non relevant field, in order to get by, a few of the options for them are insurance or property agent, in fact I know some of them gave up after a year or so. Go look at the number of  insurance and property agents and see how competitive or how easy  and comfortable their life is. 

Among the unemployed group and those who are struggling to meet the end needs, how many are driving luxury cars ?   

What is the % of the accidents caused by youngsters ? or how many of them are  jobless ? Could those isolated cases be used to judge the wealth of the geberal society or the jobless situation  to begin with ? 

Yaloh.. when i was retrenched in 2008 I join Property agent too..

Even before i start to sell pple oredi bad mouth me.. the old bird will not let new bird survive de..

gave up shortly..

58 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Now no need to go become property/insurance agents, can jolly well go drive taxi/PHV. Lol. Heard some people also ended up as car salesman last time when cars are cheap.

10 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

If you were to follow the news recently, you get to see that there is an increase in case of fatal accidents caused by drivers some as young as 25 year old driving luxury sport cars.

not saying u wrong...

but u may be looking at serious inequality... something that clearly dont exist in singapore.🙄

its a different problem, though surely connected...

You people don't know why keep saying such things. Some people here already said, if you are good, sure can find job in Singapore  like the same preaching the government said. They even support with data although ccs says data for what. It is always wait till you are in that position then you can understand how people suffer. 

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

You people don't know why keep saying such things. Some people here already said, if you are good, sure can find job in Singapore  like the same preaching the government said. They even support with data although ccs says data for what. It is always wait till you are in that position then you can understand how people suffer. 

True, if you are good sure can find job no matter how old you are. I have one ex colleague keeps changing job every 1-3 years even though now he is already in his 40s liao.

Just now, 13177 said:

True, if you are good sure can find job no matter how old you are. I have one ex colleague keeps changing job every 1-3 years even though now he is already in his 40s liao.

Brother,  wait till you are over 50. Unless you have same very special skills, connection,  mountain behind you, OR you willing to take drastic cut, see how you change job. 

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/lau-kong-left-tvb-because-of-pay-cut/

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

age is everything ... 

people pay hundreds of thousands to look young and tender :D 

Yeah lor, want cheap  fresh and big big

25 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Brother,  wait till you are over 50. Unless you have same very special skills, connection,  mountain behind you, OR you willing to take drastic cut, see how you change job. 

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/lau-kong-left-tvb-because-of-pay-cut/

Maybe. Thats why my ex colleague still continue changing job before 50, hope to work as many companies as possible to achieve higher and higher salary? Lol.

HK full-time actor can earned $60,000HKD? More than $10,000SGD ah? Salary not bad siah.

Edited by 13177

I think as a veteran actor for him, $10k is under paid unless there are other income from advertisements, etc. But hor, once you are old, your value drop like woman. So make sure you secure what you deserves early. Haha