Parking at Gardens By The Bay

Zxcvb

Supercharged

Park at Barrage, walk to the Gardens, then use overhead (from Dragonfly Bridge) link bridge to MBS (you be crossing ECP), from MBS walk to the Waterfront Promenade and sit there to watch fireworks, or if you are early can watch the RSAF aerial display at about 6.30-7pm.

that mean i got to be there early.

any idea what time for firework?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

that mean i got to be there early.

any idea what time for firework?

My advise is for you to park at Wilson open space car park beside MBS, that place after 1pm on Sat is $1.20 per hour only. The Barrage car park, or Gardens car park is expected to be full. The road going in there may be jam as well.

From Wilson car park, you could walk the overhead bridge to Gardens easily.... and back for the fireworks! Fireworks should be around 8pm... but better be there at 7.30pm to standby and also chop for a good seat/view! [thumbsup]

Bro, the distance you mentioned is not short leh... better think twice.

Also the link from Golf Club to Barrage is under some kind of construction or renovation (at the end of the park towards the dam). During the day it is open and public can access, but night time it is closed and locked-up... someone told me this!

Gate open from 7am to 7pm to cross from Marina Barrage into Bay East Gardens. Also at the Bay East Gardens there is gantry for parking, don't know the charges though, will check the next time i ride past on the way to work. But never anyone there.

Marina Barrage parking fills up quickly.

i wonder if today morning or afternoon go will have a lot of humans or not ar? dont wanna get caught in the human and car sandwich.

can advise?

Supercharged

Gate open from 7am to 7pm to cross from Marina Barrage into Bay East Gardens. Also at the Bay East Gardens there is gantry for parking, don't know the charges though, will check the next time i ride past on the way to work. But never anyone there.

Bay East Gardens parking is $0.50 per 30mins, using ERP gantry style parking. I have been there twice...its a very nice park with a good view of the CBD area, MBS, Flyer and Gardens By The Bay (Bay South) Its quite deserted probably due to its far-in distance from any main road, and no public transport to go in. Most users of this park are residents of the Tanjong Rhu area condos.

Seriously if my friend didn't bring me there a month ago, I also didn't even know of this Bay East park.

i wonder if today morning or afternoon go will have a lot of humans or not ar? dont wanna get caught in the human and car sandwich.

can advise?

I will check out the place today lunch time :D

Supercharged

I will check out the place today lunch time :D

Don't give excuse then go MBS to gamble hor...! [:p]:D

Bay East Gardens parking is $0.50 per 30mins, using ERP gantry style parking. I have been there twice...its a very nice park with a good view of the CBD area, MBS, Flyer and Gardens By The Bay (Bay South) Its quite deserted probably due to its far-in distance from any main road, and no public transport to go in. Most users of this park are residents of the Tanjong Rhu area condos.

Seriously if my friend didn't bring me there a month ago, I also didn't even know of this Bay East park.

Yeah lots of Tanjong Rhu residents use. I think they are waiting for the MCE construction to finish before developing/promoting it further as it could potentially link up with East Coast Park.

i was there last december for a sneak preview of the garden. Very nice especially if u bring ur pah toh or your family. That time parking was free and the carpark was a thumbs up as it is an underground carpark. Too bad the temperate enclosure was under construction then!

Supercharged

May I ask if the park is free or there is an entry charges? From news source, seem like there is an entry charges! [:(]

Got to pay to enter the observatories (the 2 big "shell") - $20 per adult. Also pay $5 to walk on the OCBC skybridge.... [:(] Other parts of the Garden is free entry.

Got to pay to enter the observatories (the 2 big "shell") - $20 per adult. Also pay $5 to walk on the OCBC skybridge.... [:(] Other parts of the Garden is free entry.

they have to recoup back some of the investments

Supercharged

Does anyone know if it is near to park at MBS itself and walk over to the Gardens? assuming you have old folks with you?

It is just directly opposite MBS. There's a overhead bridge linking MBS directly to the Gardens.

But you should be aware that parking in MBS is not cheap....

It is just directly opposite MBS. There's a overhead bridge linking MBS directly to the Gardens.

But you should be aware that parking in MBS is not cheap....

but walking over the bridge is very short distance? any steep steps etc (problems for old people using walking stick, kids in prams?) or is escalator all the way?

Parking Rates

For Cars:

From 05:00 AM - 06:00 PM

$0.025 per minute for the 1st five hours, = $1.50/hr

and $0.05 per minute thereafter

From 06:00 PM - 02:00 AM

$0.02 per minute for the 1st five hours, = $1.20/hr

and $0.04 per minute thereafter

For Motorcycles:

From 05:00 AM - 02:00 AM

$1.20 per entry

Note: All parking rates are exclusive of GST.

OK, I admit I'm cheapskate and always look for free parking. Question, possible to park at Marina Barrage then walk over??

Actually $1.50/h is not that exp considering parking at such place.

↡ Advertisement