Yagami85

Questions about i30 aircon

im driving a hyundai i30

recently i find out that when i park my car with aircon and engine on after about 15mins i feel that the temperature in my car become higher meaning getting hotter with the same degree set

and also my thermometer indicator (not sure what that is call) for the car went up higher too. but once i start to drive cold air start to blow out again and the thermometer went back to normal

cause last time i dont think got this issue at all cause i park my car and leave aircon and engine on the aircon still cold after 30 mins or more

please advise

sorry for the noob question

haha [rolleyes]

Edited by Yagami85
↡ Advertisement

Did you select air circulate in cabin or outside intake?

What could cause your aircon temp to go up is probably if you static idling and choose the outside intake where hot air from engine was being drawn in.

Did you select air circulate in cabin or outside intake?

What could cause your aircon temp to go up is probably if you static idling and choose the outside intake where hot air from engine was being drawn in.

i selected air circulate in cabin. so i believe the reason is not because of that?

thanks for the reply [:)]

↡ Advertisement

check your radiator water and fan if there are water or working..

how to check radiator water and fan?

sorry i noob [laugh]

Never mind.

Go petrol station.

Tell the pump attendant you want to top up radiator coolent.

They will top up for you. If you prefer, buy a bottle of distilled water n get the pump attendant to top up for you.

They know how to do it, don't worry, it's free labour.

Never mind.

Go petrol station.

Tell the pump attendant you want to top up radiator coolent.

They will top up for you. If you prefer, buy a bottle of distilled water n get the pump attendant to top up for you.

They know how to do it, don't worry, it's free labour.

hmm anyway not because of the coolant cause i check still got water inside.

thank you :D

if under warranty go back to KOMOCO to let them check and replace a new one. Do it fast in case the warranty expires. But KOMOCO will tell u its normal.

It is either your radiator fan is not working or that the thermostat controlling the on/off of the radiator fan isn't working.

Book an appointment with Komoco (or any other reputable workshop) and the fix should be straightforward.

good post..i have same problem..but not this model...haha...see if u can solve..

Could be normal in hyundai car? [:/] I sit in my cousin hyundai, i also feel that the air-con take very long to become cold on a hot day or the air-con not very cold.

if under warranty go back to KOMOCO to let them check and replace a new one. Do it fast in case the warranty expires. But KOMOCO will tell u its normal.

eh replace new one?

u know replace wad?

[rolleyes]

haha thanks

Could be normal in hyundai car? [:/] I sit in my cousin hyundai, i also feel that the air-con take very long to become cold on a hot day or the air-con not very cold.

hmm not normal at all

and my question not because my aircon take very cold or aircon not very cold

haha [:)]

The cooling coil is too near to the exhaust manifold, the fan is also not strong enough therefore it will turn warm slowly, my matrix is like that too.

Idle rpm too low?

Or aircon simply not powderful enough at low rpm?

Edited by Gee

could be blower problem...few hundred bucks to replace..but need aircon spec to confirm...

How old ur car?

Either compressor clutch wearing off

Or weather is hot recently

Seems to be top reason if ur car is > 3 yrs old

Sorry I Duno i30 is which year model

If u read up the air con thread

They mentioned u can service the clutch in Malaysia

Where as sg ws will replace entire compressor

My ex ride ard 5.5 yr old, same issue n replace in sg ws

i30 is quite a new car,should go back agent & let them take a look.

i find that aircon in toyota cars (i.e. altis) are much colder.. I remember setting at 28C in my dad's altis and it's even colder than my current Hyundai's 25C. do they use different compressors?

eh replace new one?

u know replace wad?

[rolleyes]

haha thanks

Ask Komoco to check for you. If its under warranty let them replace whatever FOC to u.

i find that aircon in toyota cars (i.e. altis) are much colder.. I remember setting at 28C in my dad's altis and it's even colder than my current Hyundai's 25C. do they use different compressors?

All cars used not the same compressor,but i know Nissan's A/C. is very cold,my old Rover 75's A/C.[based on BMW's system] is very weak.

That's the difference between an acclimatized car and one not suitable for singapore hot climate.

This was the claims by many AD last time to differentiate their cars from the PI cars.

Edited by SimonTan
↡ Advertisement