Spurs new hero..

VellfireS

Let's see what would be new in Tottenham with new headman , Vilas Boas..

LONDON (AFP) - Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas was confirmed as the new manager of Tottenham on Tuesday following the shock departure of Harry Redknapp last month.

'The club is delighted to announce Andre Villas-Boas as Head Coach,' Spurs confirmed on their official Twitter feed following days of speculation concerning the Portuguese coach.

The appointment marks a dramatic return to the English Premier League for Villas-Boas, who was fired as manager of Chelsea in March just eight months into a three-year contract.

Villas-Boas' ill-fated reign at Stamford Bridge ended in dismissal after months of unrest behind the scenes, with rumours of player mutinies and a breakdown in relations with the manager.

↡ Advertisement

AVB tried to change things too fast at Chelsea. He is bold to go for renewal and tried to phase out the oldies at Chelsea but it was done too quickly and in the process forgot that they are the ones who had been the pillar of Chelsea during the era of Roman revolution and dominance under Jose and subsequently Ancelotti. Players like Lampard, Terry, Cole and Drogba gave so much success to Chelsea during 2004-2009 and you can't just phase them out that way.

I think he should be able to acheve more at Tottenham as the situation is very much different and they have a far younger set of players.

AVB tried to change things too fast at Chelsea. He is bold to go for renewal and tried to phase out the oldies at Chelsea but it was done too quickly and in the process forgot that they are the ones who had been the pillar of Chelsea during the era of Roman revolution and dominance under Jose and subsequently Ancelotti. Players like Lampard, Terry, Cole and Drogba gave so much success to Chelsea during 2004-2009 and you can't just phase them out that way.

I think he should be able to acheve more at Tottenham as the situation is very much different and they have a far younger set of players.

I find AVB was rather young to manage Chelsea..

I feel that the management will sell him soon....sad to say that spurs manage the club like a company. P/L is very important to them....sad to say that i believe spurs will not go far with the current management....

Gareth Bale is the only hero of Spurs I feel !!

Yeah < I watched tis Bale since 2 seasons ago, a winger and attacker, not too committed on defensive play, besides Bale has grown to fast play due to his speed and attacking style, probably like to be sold once Daniel Levy decides how much piggy bag he can brings in, I do like Spurs, My 2nd best team in EPL after Devils

VillaBoa needs to buy technically sounds and crafty mid-fielders and defenders to deploy at every match, either CL or EURO level, to be honest, the current batch cannot head-up to BAyern or BArca team, thy may walk-over Inter Milan or Villareal & Galatasary.

It's a season for buying and selling quality players

↡ Advertisement