Groupon opens physical store, the world's first

Jman888

Does this make singapore the biggest sucker for discount ?? [rolleyes]

Groupon opens physical store in Suntec City, the world's first

Updated 02:38 PM Jul 04, 2012

SINGAPORE - Groupon Singapore officially opened its first physical store in the world at Suntec City Tower 3 today.

The physical store will facilitate pick up of lifestyle products bought from a Groupon and allow customers to browse, purchase, print and redeem their Groupons on the spot.

"Our customers prefer to pick up their Groupon Goods instantly and in a more convenient location," said Mr Karl Chong, CEO of Groupon Singapore.

The shop takes up 4,400 square feet of real estate on the third floor on Suntec City Tower 3.

↡ Advertisement

Previously their office was at Harbourfront. Ever ordered some stuff which was collected from there, quite a small place and it's difficult to accommodate if the crowd size is large. Good that they open a "store" to facilitate collections.

Previously their office was at Harbourfront. Ever ordered some stuff which was collected from there, quite a small place and it's difficult to accommodate if the crowd size is large. Good that they open a "store" to facilitate collections.

before was just an office right? why they need a 'shop front' if everything was transact online?

Turbocharged

before was just an office right? why they need a 'shop front' if everything was transact online?

customers still need to collect their stuff mah..

customers still need to collect their stuff mah..

they only sell coupon, and customer should redeem it at the merchant shop not with groupon mah.

hmmm... then i should go down to get my refund for unused coupon :D :D

If any AD can offer the vouchers to buy their cars.......say if 200 buyers buy Chery QQ, there will be a 30% discount.

I would be interested.

4th Gear

Maybe next time GL and KTVs also got groupon discounts and customers can 'redeem' at Groupon's store too!!! [:p][laugh]

Turbocharged

they only sell coupon, and customer should redeem it at the merchant shop not with groupon mah.

hmmm... then i should go down to get my refund for unused coupon :D :D

Sometimes they buy some consumer items at bulk then sell themselves.. so collect at the retail store lor..

Neutral Newbie

Been to the Suntec outlet to collect my last purchase, actually they've been there for quite a few months.

Not bad at all. Press queue number and wait for the counter to flash your number. Give them your voucher and IC, 5mins later they give u your items.

There's even a few self-serve terminals to print your voucher on the spot for free.

Turbocharged

A lot of companies are coming out with this online coupon concept. Now there's at least 10 companies similar to Groupon

↡ Advertisement