Electric cars

Expertz

My place comes with two charging ports and i always see a i3 charging there.

No need Pak you, buai pai leh.

It not extremely expensive, can consider.

:XD:

I posted it in ebike thread.

My place comes with two charging ports and i always see a i3 charging there.

No need Pak you, buai pai leh.

It not extremely expensive, can consider.

Mai buy i3.

All i3 sold in Sg is REX model which makes the car heavy.

If serious, should consider i3S which produces 184 pony.

• Praise 1

Think the only potential for mass adoption in SG is the 2018 Nissan Leaf or Renault Zoe if anyone decides to bring in. Tesla's Model 3 still in production hell. I was in Norway a few months ago, lots of Leafs, Zoes and E-golfs running around. 

I feel they should start with electric motorcycle first. It will work in Sg simply because they don't have aircon.

2 advantages, noise reduction and pollution. It will speed up the infrastructural of charging stations around the island. Increase COE quota and have more electric bikes. Make it cheaper to own them. 

I have solved the range problem with EVs.

Its very simple really but no car manufacturer has thought about it yet.

It came to me when I remember playing with my remote control car when

I was young.

When the battery ran out I just changed it

So all we need to do is keep spare batteries at the petrol station and swap them out.

Problem solved.

:D

You’ll need to pay even more tax for EV that way, high as it is already is ... remember the first Tesla case here?

It’s carbon footprint will DOUBLE, with a spare array of backup batteries ... higher recycling & disposal costs, plastics management, all adds up to the EV’s high taxation bracket (including GHG emissions’ audit trail all the way to Gencos’ stacks!).

So it won’t be cheap lah ... for the common man!

Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

The EVs here in Singapore are mostly registered under the "RD" plate or aka "research & developement" I think only the Tesla owned by a Vietnamese here registered his as an EV. It cost a bomb to do so. Even the BYD taxis are register under "RD" plate.

The EVs here in Singapore are mostly registered under the "RD" plate or aka "research & developement" I think only the Tesla owned by a Vietnamese here registered his as an EV. It cost a bomb to do so. Even the BYD taxis are register under "RD" plate.

I think there is more than 1 Tesla in Singapore.

Supersonic

Contribute to green for life and be punished. Period.

Singapore has tons of stupid rules that makes the world laugh at.

Supersonic

Audi’s e-tron Vision GT is an 815bhp electric racecar

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/concept/audis-e-tron-vision-gt-815bhp-electric-racecar

Good news, Audi fans! It’s taken five years - and 27 cars – but the folks from Ingolstadt have finally joined the Vision GT concept car party with this, the Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo.

And what a way to introduce yourself. This muscular, fully electric, high-downforce racing coupe doesn’t just live in a world of pixels, but also reality. Yep, where this mushy concoction would normally be left to run solely around the pixelated fantasy land of Gran Turismo, Audi has only gone and made the thing.

It’s been built as a one-off running prototype set to make appearances at upcoming rounds of Formula E as an 815bhp trouser-browning taxi to show people that there’s fun to be had in electric. Yee-haw.

Put simply, the e-tron Vision GT is what happens when you put one of Audi’s ultra-iconic 90 IMSA GTOs from 1989 and its latest Formula E electric tech into a blender.

Powering the futuristic racer are three 220kW electric motors good for a combined output of 815bhp. Which, given it weighs 1,450kg, equates to a punchy power-to-weight ratio of 562bhp per tonne and 0-62 sprint of 2.5secs thanks to a specially developed Quattro four-wheel drive system.

Like its ‘GTO’ forefather, this four-wheel-drive system is pretty slick to provide silly levels of performance. Drive is variable and shuffled between the front and rear axles as well as individually between the rear wheels, meaning crazy traction out of corners.

The Audi e-tron joins a long, long list of concept cars created virtually for racing in the Gran Turismo sim series. The project started five years ago as a nice way to bulk out the game’s car roster, but has ended up being a very good way for carmakers to loosen their ties and show off cars that might be too lengthy or complex to craft for real.

a182664_large.jpg?itok=Tiak21ct

a182662_large.jpg?itok=c-kQWsn6

a182658_large.jpg?itok=qN-K-zcv

a182661_large.jpg?itok=PRm9Qgn0

a182669_large.jpg?itok=okIH3PMy

a182665_large.jpg?itok=8NmyEYHd

a182654_large.jpg?itok=cKlZ3q3P

a182647_large.jpg?itok=yjJ07erw

a182648_large.jpg?itok=NDqYn5Q_

a182649_large.jpg?itok=X9Wkce_4

a182650_large.jpg?itok=mwGz9VBL

a182655_large.jpg?itok=UKBd8brZ

Supersonic
Volvo is building a line of electric commercial semi trucks

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/13/17234040/volvo-fl-electric-commercial-semi-trucks

T2018_0126.0.jpg

Volvo has announced its first all-electric commercial truck, called the FL Electric, as reported by Autoblog. Manufacturing and sales of the truck, meant for urban distribution and waste management, should begin in Europe next year.

The trucks can accommodate between two and six lithium-ion batteries with 100–300kWh, giving a range of up to 300 km (approximately 186 miles). It will be able to fast charge in one to two hours via DC or overnight with AC. Aside from green perks, Volvo says these trucks will also help companies be more efficient. They can be used in indoor terminals and environmental zones. Because the trucks are much quieter than their diesel counterparts, they can also theoretically be used at night in populated areas without bothering people.

Volvo is looking to take “a holistic view of electrification” when it comes to the vehicles, taking into consideration, for example, how the raw materials for the batteries are extracted. The company says the first two FL Electric trucks are entering regular operation in Gothenburg, Sweden, operated by refuse collection and recycling company Renova and haulage firm TGM.

This isn’t Volvo’s first foray into electric vehicles. Last year, the company spun off its Polestar performance sub-brand into its own marque, introducing the Polestar 1 coupe in October. The FL Electric is also certainly not the market’s first electric commercial truck announcement. Tesla’s electric Semi (expected to be in production in 2019) will have a range of 500 miles and some self-driving capabilities, UPS is partnering with Workhorse Group Incto build its own fleet of electric trucks with a range of 100 miles, and startup Thor Trucks is aiming to convert fossil fuel-burning trucks into battery-electric ones.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
Gumpert Building Revolutionary Electric Supercar

https://carbuzz.com/news/gumpert-building-revolutionary-electric-supercar

It runs on hydrogen power and will hit a top speed of 186 mph.

Roland Gumpert, the German engineer behind the Gumpert Apollo supercar, is back with a brand-new supercar Earlier this decade, the Gumpert company faced financial woes but was salvaged by new investors in 2016 and transformed into Apollo Automobili, which is currently making the extreme Intensa Emozione hypercar. Gumpert left Apollo shortly after the takeover to embark on a new car project. At the Beijing Motor Show, Gumpert finally revealed what he’s been working on.

Meet the RG Nathalie, a revolutionary electric sports car built as part of a partnership between Gumpert and Chinese electric startup Aiways. Powering the RG Nathalie, which is named after one of Gumpert’s daughters, in case you were wondering, are four electric motors. But they aren’t battery powered. Instead, the RG Nathalie uses a hydrogen fuel cell stack that generates the electricity to power the motors. As hydrogen fueling stations ae in short supply around the world, Gumpert and Aiways have implemented a methanol reformer. This takes in methanol and is able to split it into carbon dioxide, which is released into the air while hydrogen is funneled into the fuel cell.

With this setup, the RG Nathalie will accelerate to 62 mph in around 2.5 seconds and top out at 186 mph. Gumpert also claims the electric sports car will achieve a range of 370 miles – and that’s when driving fast. Drive more conservatively with eco mode enabled, and you can expect the range to nearly double. Like the Gumpert Apollo, the RG Nathalie’s front fascia is dominated by sharp lines and large intakes. It also has matte black wheels, an angular roof, and LED taillights. Deliveries for the RG Nathalie are expected to start in 2019, with pricing to be announced closer to launch. With its advanced tech, you can guarantee this revolutionary EV won’t be cheap.

424039.jpg

424040.jpg

424041.jpg

424042.jpg

424043.jpg

424044.jpg

424045.jpg