Electric cars

Expertz

Supercharged

You're assuming there is a charging point for your car when you need it, where you need it? No need to queue?

That's what I meant when I say "How convenient is it going to have the vehicle charged?"

↡ Advertisement

On 3/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, inlinesix said:

SP Power is expanding its network. Check SP Power app.

I don’t have SP Power rate. Based on Shell rate of $0.55, it cost $35.20 to full charge Hyundai Kona.

It translates to 9.1cents/km (after 20% disc on WLTP range).

Try to beat it.

Yeap, many people tend to overlook the fact that the electricity rates for EV points are much higher than home elctric rate. In fact, based on the above rates, it translates to pretty much what a Hybrid or deisel car can give..... minus the existing high price tag and inconveniences that comes with an EV.

Edited by Rickster

On 3/13/2020 at 7:11 PM, Didu said:

You're assuming there is a charging point for your car when you need it, where you need it? No need to queue?

That's what I meant when I say "How convenient is it going to have the vehicle charged?"

Totally agree...most people fail to see this is the biggest problem with electric cars in singapore more so than range anxiety.

Right now, people already kpkb when need to queue for 5 mins to pay for petrol, can you imaging if need to wait for God-knows-how-long... just so the charging slot becomes available?

• Praise 2

Supercharged
12 hours ago, burnandfreeze said:

If sg can do quick battery replacement. It will be a good viable

It's more the EV manufacturers. They're building it like current cellphones with non-removable batteries. If EV can be built like those with removable battery, and technology have reached a stage where batteries are light enough to be swapped out, there might be some advantages:

1. EV price can be much lower without the battery.

2. Car owners can then sign on with power companies of their choosing to swap out their drained battery quickly, eliminating long charging time.

3. Batteries belong to the power companies, and is their responsibility to keep their pool of batteries in good charging condition. Car owners do not need to worry about that.

4. No longer need to have charging points all over the island, reducing eye-sore

5. May avoid much fighting over limited charging point, protecting social cohesion.

1 hour ago, Didu said:

2. Car owners can then sign on with power companies of their choosing to swap out their drained battery quickly, eliminating long charging time.

An normal EV's battery (something like Kona EV) weighs nearly 400kg, how can it be swapped in and out on a daily basis??

Edited by Paddie

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Paddie said:

An normal EV's battery (something like Kona EV) weighs nearly 400kg, how can it be swapped in and out on a daily basis??

You're absolutely right for current car battery. That's why I wrote "..and technology have reached a stage where batteries are light enough to be swapped out".

And by then, I hope a better energy source would become viable to obsolete the EV.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/fast-lane-66

BYD FLAGSHIP ELECTRIC CAR CAN CLOCK 3.9-SECOND CENTURY SPRINT

BYD has announced a car which might well be a Chinese version of something in between the Tesla Model 3 and Model S.

The Han EV, its upcoming flagship model, is the first to feature the company's "blade battery", which promises enhanced safety, improved range and compactness.

A high-performance silicon carbide motor-control propels the Han EV from zero to 100kmh in 3.9 seconds. The car promises a range of 605km. There is no word on when the model will reach showrooms.

======================================

can cheong KL easily (then charge overnight then return back to sinkie

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, TeamAMG69 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/fast-lane-66

BYD FLAGSHIP ELECTRIC CAR CAN CLOCK 3.9-SECOND CENTURY SPRINT

BYD has announced a car which might well be a Chinese version of something in between the Tesla Model 3 and Model S.

The Han EV, its upcoming flagship model, is the first to feature the company's "blade battery", which promises enhanced safety, improved range and compactness.

A high-performance silicon carbide motor-control propels the Han EV from zero to 100kmh in 3.9 seconds. The car promises a range of 605km. There is no word on when the model will reach showrooms.

======================================

can cheong KL easily (then charge overnight then return back to sinkie

What is the WLTP range?

10 hours ago, katrinli said:

Hi, Im a new one here, I was wondering should I set up a racing steering wheel. I mean, I like the way it looks but I’m not that sure about the practical side. Does anybody have it? Is that suitable in terms of options and stuff. Which one would you recommend?

do u like air bags?

On 3/22/2020 at 2:38 PM, Didu said:

IMO, electric cars are more suitable for drivers who run frequent errands i.e. delivery, PHV and taxi. It just happened I took a Grab (Hyundai kona electric car) and was talking to the driver on the consumption and charging point. I was surprised to understand there are many charging points available in SG currently. You may access the hp apps and select the nearest vincity charging point. For fast charge, it cost $20 (full charge @ approx 1hr). With a full charge, the car can travel up to 550km. It is a huge saving for a PHV driver compare to $80 full tank load. However, you need to manage your schedule for a one hour charge which some of us may not prefer this. As per the driver, he always make his charging during lunch time so that he can accomplish two at one go.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Xiaopeng P7

3 version, RWD Long Range, RWD Super Long Range & 4WD High Performance.

Within each version, there is 3 trim/equipment option.  Namely, Standard, Smart & Premium

Price starts from RMB 230k to RMB 350k.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 9:14 AM, Tcx607 said:

IMO, electric cars are more suitable for drivers who run frequent errands i.e. delivery, PHV and taxi. It just happened I took a Grab (Hyundai kona electric car) and was talking to the driver on the consumption and charging point. I was surprised to understand there are many charging points available in SG currently. You may access the hp apps and select the nearest vincity charging point. For fast charge, it cost $20 (full charge @ approx 1hr). With a full charge, the car can travel up to 550km. It is a huge saving for a PHV driver compare to $80 full tank load. However, you need to manage your schedule for a one hour charge which some of us may not prefer this. As per the driver, he always make his charging during lunch time so that he can accomplish two at one go.

Plus no need every 10k go for servicing and other maintenance that is needed for ICE. That is additional savings. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

On 6/6/2020 at 9:14 AM, Tcx607 said:

From the screenshot of the comparison between the 3 Hyundais, amount spend of EV is the highest, followed by Hybrid.

I am skeptical on EVs at the moment. First, is its range. Second, is the convenience of charging it. These are still pretty "immature" at this stage. I said so is because, ICE can easily double the distance of what EV can deliver and because the speed of pumping petrol and wide availablity of stations are still unrival in terms of convenience. I still feel for the moment Hybrid is still the best compromise.

As far as EV is concern, for now it is better to be used for commercial purposes, i.e. , public transport, deliveries, etc because end of the day, they will be parked and charged at their ports and the drivers go off work. Whereas EV for private use, have to book for available ports and the location (best is there are charging ports at the HDB carparks where one could be staying nearby), wait hours for fully charged.

↡ Advertisement