Electric cars

Expertz

On 7/2/2021 at 5:46 PM, kelaihoyin said:

Well.. one couldn't pump petrol inside a shopping mall isn't it.

One could always watch a movie or grab a bite while charging.  Just have to adapt to it. Is whether you want or not. 

agree and this will be worst for the charging eco system! why? a car full charge is 75 min, you catch a movie 120min! a difference of 45min hogging the station! everyone do this siao lah! jam up the whole eco system!

back to square make/save money buy a landed 1st, inter-terrance also good!

↡ Advertisement

On 7/4/2021 at 4:32 PM, tldd said:

@Ho2786 Do you still use phone with swappable batteries? Or gas-powered smartphone?

Obviously you charge while you do your stuffs, run your errand, grab a meal... etc...

agree, but this is the attitude that will hog up the charging station, screw up the already long waiting time and i believe many people who does these activity wont be back on time for their car, when it is already fully charge! 

18 minutes ago, D3badge said:

err... I think the current fastest full charge from Tesla is 75min! thus I agree only if you stay in landed and willing to build your own charging point, if not dun waste time until maybe 10 years later!

Use supercharger from 0% to 80% in 20mins

22 minutes ago, D3badge said:

err... I think the current fastest full charge from Tesla is 75min! thus I agree only if you stay in landed and willing to build your own charging point, if not dun waste time until maybe 10 years later!

Porsche have 30 mins charger but not for home installation.

The Taycan's 800V architecture allows the battery to be charged at a maximum capacity of 270kW, which can add 100km of range in 5 minutes, and charge from 5 to 80% in 22.5 minutes.

Supercharged
(edited)

Guys, there may be a new power source to power our car, currently under ultra secret R&D in South Korea. It'll make obsolete what charging point, solar panels,...etc. Get ready to say bye bye to Elon Musk. :grin:

South Korean toilet turns excrement into power and digital currency

cho-jae-weon--a-south-korean-professor.j

Cho Jae-weon, a South Korean professor at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), stands next to a faeces tank(we call it sai tang) at a laboratory in Ulsan, South Korea on Jul 6, 2021. (Photo: REUTERS/Minwoo Park)

Cho Jae-weon, an urban and environmental engineering professor at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), has designed an eco-friendly toilet connected to a laboratory that uses excrement to produce biogas and manure.

The BeeVi toilet - a portmanteau of the words bee and vision - uses a vacuum pump to send faeces into an underground tank, reducing water use. There, microorganisms break down the waste to methane, which becomes a source of energy for the building, powering a gas stove, hot-water boiler and solid oxide fuel cell.

"If we think out of the box, faeces has precious value to make energy and manure. I have put this value into ecological circulation," Cho said. An average person defecates about 500g a day, which can be converted to 50 litres of methane gas, the environmental engineer said. This gas can generate 0.5kWh of electricity or be used to drive a car for about 1.2km.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sustainability/south-korea-eco-friendly-toilet-faeces-electric-power-15185288

Folks that's "full of shit" naturally have the resources to drive further. 😁 So do those with big families.

Edited by Didu
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Use supercharger from 0% to 80% in 20mins

but many say the attitude to counter the waiting time is to go dinning , grocery or catch a movie so the waiting time to charge become 60 min or more  depend on their activity😭😂😂

25 minutes ago, D3badge said:

but many say the attitude to counter the waiting time is to go dinning , grocery or catch a movie so the waiting time to charge become 60 min or more  depend on their activity😭😂😂

For supercharger, Tesla give 5mins grace period.

After that, either 50 cents or $1 per minute will be charged.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i think my next car will be EV.

then i can be Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, alternating between an EV and a petrol guzzler without catalytic converter.

50 minutes ago, sake said:

i think my next car will be EV.

then i can be Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, alternating between an EV and a petrol guzzler without catalytic converter.

Porsche Taycan Turbo S

👍🏻

• Haha! 1

On 7/7/2021 at 8:14 PM, inlinesix said:

Solar panel efficiency in tropical countries about 30%.

Not really useful 

That's why the solar farm in Northern Australia is ideal because it has little cloud cover and extremely sunny? Seems like is Australia is going to be be an export market for renewable energy, with Singapore probably importing from Australia around 2027.

46 minutes ago, Eugn86 said:

That's why the solar farm in Northern Australia is ideal because it has little cloud cover and extremely sunny? Seems like is Australia is going to be be an export market for renewable energy, with Singapore probably importing from Australia around 2027.

Because it is DRY

(edited)
12 hours ago, Didu said:

Guys, there may be a new power source to power our car, currently under ultra secret R&D in South Korea. It'll make obsolete what charging point, solar panels,...etc. Get ready to say bye bye to Elon Musk. :grin:

South Korean toilet turns excrement into power and digital currency

cho-jae-weon--a-south-korean-professor.j

Cho Jae-weon, a South Korean professor at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), stands next to a faeces tank(we call it sai tang) at a laboratory in Ulsan, South Korea on Jul 6, 2021. (Photo: REUTERS/Minwoo Park)

Cho Jae-weon, an urban and environmental engineering professor at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), has designed an eco-friendly toilet connected to a laboratory that uses excrement to produce biogas and manure.

The BeeVi toilet - a portmanteau of the words bee and vision - uses a vacuum pump to send faeces into an underground tank, reducing water use. There, microorganisms break down the waste to methane, which becomes a source of energy for the building, powering a gas stove, hot-water boiler and solid oxide fuel cell.

"If we think out of the box, faeces has precious value to make energy and manure. I have put this value into ecological circulation," Cho said. An average person defecates about 500g a day, which can be converted to 50 litres of methane gas, the environmental engineer said. This gas can generate 0.5kWh of electricity or be used to drive a car for about 1.2km.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sustainability/south-korea-eco-friendly-toilet-faeces-electric-power-15185288

Folks that's "full of shit" naturally have the resources to drive further. 😁 So do those with big families.

I thought BMW South Africa already did that 6 years ago but with cow dung 🤣

https://www.europeanbiogas.eu/south-africa-first-commercially-viable-biogas-project-kicks-off-at-bmw-plant/

Moreover, using human dung is less cost efficient than cow dung as there is less methane in human dung 🤦‍♂

But nobody will say that there's an excess of sources of energy, right? 😁

bulls**t. (Censored)

Edited by Brass
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Brass said:

https://www.europeanbiogas.eu/south-africa-first-commercially-viable-biogas-project-kicks-off-at-bmw-plant/

Moreover, using human dung is less cost efficient than cow dung as there is less methane in human dung 🤦‍♂

We literally need more bulls**t then! 

Supercharged
55 minutes ago, Brass said:

bulls**t. (Censored)

Have to concede cows and bulls create more usable methane than human. But like what our ministar says, SG only have human resource. 🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, inlinesix said:

For supercharger, Tesla give 5mins grace period.

After that, either 50 cents or $1 per minute will be charged.

good to know! these will alter behaviour 👍🏻

12 hours ago, Eugn86 said:

the trend is your friend, and never goes against the trend as individuals dun have the resources to fight! but as of now no hurry to rush into EV too! wait out at least another 5 years at 2026 that will make a better sounding decision! because many government commitment to full infrastructure is at 2030! even later than 2026!