Electric cars

Expertz

10 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I just test drove the ioniq 5.  Not bad.  But I just find the rear view a bit weird cos the rear windscreen is divided into two so there is a line in the centre.

Might consider it but better not look too much.  Don't want a repeat of Honda City experience when I talked for years before buying.

Anyway I have to wait until there are more charging areas otherwise it does not make sense for me to buy EV

Did they bake the biscuits you had using the oven powered by their V2L? 😆

Edited by kelaihoyin
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

17 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I just test drove the ioniq 5.  Not bad.  But I just find the rear view a bit weird cos the rear windscreen is divided into two so there is a line in the centre.

Might consider it but better not look too much.  Don't want a repeat of Honda City experience when I talked for years before buying.

Anyway I have to wait until there are more charging areas otherwise it does not make sense for me to buy EV

By then, a lot of drivers will be fighting for charging station.

Look inside SP app to see the nearest charging station.

If not, Shell also got charging facility

12 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Just to confirm, did you test the Ioniq EV or Ioniq 5? The names are quite confusing but they are very different cars. The Ioniq 5 is a new car that's just being launched and seems like quite a groundbreaking car for Hyundai

From your mention of the split windscreen, I'm guessing it's the Ioniq EV

Ioniq EV

image.png.72bedd0355517bcfe4b102abe64a0e30.png

Ioniq 5

image.thumb.png.8f0a42328e18f867198907b3ac02fddf.png

35 minutes ago, 601F said:

Just to confirm, did you test the Ioniq EV or Ioniq 5? The names are quite confusing but they are very different cars. The Ioniq 5 is a new car that's just being launched and seems like quite a groundbreaking car for Hyundai

From your mention of the split windscreen, I'm guessing it's the Ioniq EV

Ioniq EV

image.png.72bedd0355517bcfe4b102abe64a0e30.png

Ioniq 5

image.thumb.png.8f0a42328e18f867198907b3ac02fddf.png

Sorry.  Ioniq EV.  The one currently at KMC.

13 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Sorry.  Ioniq EV.  The one currently at KMC.

If you had driven the Ioniq 5 I will be running down to KMC quite quickly!

To be honest, I'm currently driving the Ioniq EV and would have been keen on the Ioniq 5. It's quite a big improvement on the current Hyundai EVs and has been getting rave reviews from the media

I heard there were 50 units recently sold to certain customers by invitation only. Guess I'm not some VVIP, didn't get any invite

• Haha! 2

Honda targets annual sales of 70,000 Prologue electric vehicles in US from 2024

Honda Motor Co's U.S. unit said on Monday it is targeting initial annual sales of 70,000 for its planned electric Prologue sport utility vehicle when it goes to market in 2024. Honda plans to add additional electric vehicle models as it aims to have sold a total of 500,000 electric vehicles in the United States by 2030, and to achieve 100per cent zero emission vehicles sales in North America by 2040.

It comes as President Joe Biden signed an executive order last month setting a target to make half of all new passenger vehicles sold in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles.

The Honda Prologue is being co-developed with General Motors Co and is based on the Detroit automaker's Ultium platform, a modular platform and battery system. Honda and GM are also co-developing an electric Acura-brand SUV. GM will assemble the Prologue and the Acura SUV - both of which will go on sale in 2024 - but Honda has not disclosed which plant will build the vehicles or the name or volume targets for the Acura. Following the GM-built models, Honda will introduce a series of electrified vehicles through 2030 based on the Honda developed e-Architecture, a new EV platform led by Honda, and will assemble electric vehicles at Honda plants in North America.

d49af1e0-d811-11eb-b7df-ed099c097696

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/honda-targets-annual-sales-70000-prologue-electric-vehicles-us-2024-2189446

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Honda targets annual sales of 70,000 Prologue electric vehicles in US from 2024

Honda Motor Co's U.S. unit said on Monday it is targeting initial annual sales of 70,000 for its planned electric Prologue sport utility vehicle when it goes to market in 2024. Honda plans to add additional electric vehicle models as it aims to have sold a total of 500,000 electric vehicles in the United States by 2030, and to achieve 100per cent zero emission vehicles sales in North America by 2040.

It comes as President Joe Biden signed an executive order last month setting a target to make half of all new passenger vehicles sold in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles.

The Honda Prologue is being co-developed with General Motors Co and is based on the Detroit automaker's Ultium platform, a modular platform and battery system. Honda and GM are also co-developing an electric Acura-brand SUV. GM will assemble the Prologue and the Acura SUV - both of which will go on sale in 2024 - but Honda has not disclosed which plant will build the vehicles or the name or volume targets for the Acura. Following the GM-built models, Honda will introduce a series of electrified vehicles through 2030 based on the Honda developed e-Architecture, a new EV platform led by Honda, and will assemble electric vehicles at Honda plants in North America.

d49af1e0-d811-11eb-b7df-ed099c097696

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/honda-targets-annual-sales-70000-prologue-electric-vehicles-us-2024-2189446

Honda talking about 2024 sales?

By then war over already

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

MG ZS owner claims to spend $85 on EV charging fee after driving 1.8k km le

But safe or not? I read BYD's blade battery is technologically safer, passed the nail test, and even Tesla China is going to use it. 

BYD started as a battery and component business, not a car manufacturer, just not sure if their cars handle well, hopefully it is not another point A to B China car that drives like a boat.

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

But safe or not? I read BYD's blade battery is technologically safer, passed the nail test, and even Tesla China is going to use it. 

BYD started as a battery and component business, not a car manufacturer, just not sure if their cars handle well, hopefully it is not another point A to B China car that drives like a boat.

This owner has a young child.

If you want a driver SUV, you have to get ix3

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1