Solid State Battery: Solid Electrodes/Electrolyte

Lithium Ion Battery: Solid Electrodes; Liquid/Polymer Gel Electrolyte

Thermal run-off caused by Liquid/Polymer Gel Electrolyte

Is LiFePO4 battery solid state ?🤔

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

sounds about right ... if fast charging can do within 20mins

then no point to swap battery within 10-15 mins 

the killer is the exorbitant cost to build swapping station and the "ownership" of the battery

the financial for maintaining swapping station and battery in a big pool for anyone to swap is crazy

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

sounds about right ... if fast charging can do within 20mins

then no point to swap battery within 10-15 mins 

the killer is the exorbitant cost to build swapping station and the "ownership" of the battery

the financial for maintaining swapping station and battery in a big pool for anyone to swap is crazy

My thought is how to prevent your new 1 month old battery get swapped with a 5 years old battery 😅.  While logically it is ok becaue after a while your old battery  will get swapped out again.  

The good thing is if i am driving an old car with a endnof life battery, i will drive it into a shop to swap the battery out FOC instead of sending the car for an expensive battery replacment🤣🤣

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

My thought is how to prevent your new 1 month old battery get swapped with a 5 years old battery 😅.  While logically it is ok becaue after a while your old battery  will get swapped out again.  

The good thing is if i am driving an old car with a endnof life battery, i will drive it into a shop to swap the battery out FOC instead of sending the car for an expensive battery replacment🤣🤣

Under Nio model, you lease the battery.

So, the battery in your new car could be 5 year old battery.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic

aiya… filling liquid into a container carried around by the vehicle is still the easiest, fastest and most convenient 

😬😅

• Praise 1

As long as fast charging and its impact to battery degradation can be further improve on, the current model of having charging station is still the most sensible.

There are couple of articles where studies were done on the effects of fast charging on the battery and whilst it definitely causes battery degradation, the impact compared to AC charging is not significant.

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I like this statement in the video best in which he said that in China the government is very good in banging heads together to get the people concerned to do the same thing together.😅

• Haha! 2

(edited)

well another bragging post of EV road trip from south to north

looking for charger aka toilet to pangsai all the way

worst is toilet "rosak" not working or have to Q take turn to pangsai ... lol

2022-06-18_084324.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

2022-06-18_084324.png

interesting to see that they say this trip would take half the time is they used a petrol car .. but justified evs by saying driving is more relaxed ..

if they reach in half the time and relax or sleep in their hotel during the time saved maybe thats more relaxing 😂

Edited by Mooose
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

2022-06-18_084324.png

Not really a brag, but these guys have to do some special articles to keep their jobs.

• Haha! 4

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Mooose said:

interesting to see that they say this trip would take half the time is they used a petrol car .. but justified evs by saying driving is more relaxed ..

if they reach in half the time and relax or sleep in their hotel during the time saved maybe thats more relaxing 😂

They can't offend the sponsors (Wearnes & Premium) who provided the EVs, so against overwhelming evidence, they still find something "nice" to say about using those EVs for the trip.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Mooose said:

I think a convoy of EVs on a road trip up north is a terrible idea at this point in time, given the state of infrastructure up north. The problem is not the location of the chargers but the quantity of chargers. Seriously, just one EV Charger per location? It's like a petrol kiosk with just one pump, and a long queue of cars waiting to fuel up.

• Praise 1

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Jtis said:

I think a convoy of EVs on a road trip up north is a terrible idea at this point in time, given the state of infrastructure up north. The problem is not the location of the chargers but the quantity of chargers. Seriously, just one EV Charger per location? It's like a petrol kiosk with just one pump, and a long queue of cars waiting to fuel up.

all these simply kaypoh news la ... ownself shiok ownself

msia cant even solve their RFID issues .. can ask any msian driving in msia their daily commute problems

and you think they are prepare for charging network/station - my best bet not even until 2035

internet expectation picture

istockphoto-1221447606-612x612.jpg

but in reality ... only 1 or 2 charger (not even supercharger) and 90% chance 1 is spoilt ... LOL

1 is working = mai hiam liao

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2