Electric cars

Expertz

15 hours ago, inlinesix said:

What you see likely to be within Petronas station

No.  At the parking lot of RnR.  So it's in the open.  Like two lots.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 3/19/2021 at 4:02 PM, inlinesix said:

Battery technology improvement is quite fast nowadays.

In 2010, Nissan Leaf has a 24kwh battery that gives you a 117km range.

In 2021, Nissan Leaf has a 62kwh battery that gives you a 364km range.

does 364km depend on how you drive? if you speed in NSHW than maybe only 250km? like petrol the km/l also depend on driver driving.

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Actually I noticed the rnr on NSHW have charging points.  But I dont know if they are universal or not.

Or if working.  Never saw any car actually charging there..

hmm... time for triad to be creativity, build mock up charging station for robbery and kidnapping?

29 minutes ago, D3badge said:

does 364km depend on how you drive? if you speed in NSHW than maybe only 250km? like petrol the km/l also depend on driver driving.

Unlike ICE, EV has REGEN Brake.

Nissan leaf max speed is 145km/h.

Nissan Leaf SL Plus with 62kwh is able to drive 194miles (312km) at 70 mph (113km/h).

3 hours ago, D3badge said:

hmm... time for triad to be creativity, build mock up charging station for robbery and kidnapping?

Think it can't work unless u mean they set up mock charging stations in ulu places.. but I doubt it.  Cos these charging stations are in public places.

Of cos, targeting cars that are being charged is a real possibility since the cars are going to be there for some time.  And probably more risky since they are there for some time unlike petrol pumps where the driver is around pumping and they are in and out in a few minutes.

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Nissan Leaf SL Plus with 62kwh is able to drive 194miles (312km) at 70 mph (113km/h).

Might not be suitable for NSHW then.  

Then again, as we get older, slower speeds do just fine  for us even on NSHW.

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

312km is a reduce from the paper milage 364km, and in NSHW likely most car exceed 113km/h since it can still goes to 145km/h, mean above 113km/h milage will go below 300km. cars in SG have COE, generally 10 years lifespan, thus I  feel dun need to jump into EV unless one stay in landed and intend to build own charger at home. 

10 hours ago, D3badge said:

312km is a reduce from the paper milage 364km, and in NSHW likely most car exceed 113km/h since it can still goes to 145km/h, mean above 113km/h milage will go below 300km. cars in SG have COE, generally 10 years lifespan, thus I  feel dun need to jump into EV unless one stay in landed and intend to build own charger at home. 

I believe most of the landed owner concerns would be to expose the ugly trunking at their front yard, next is the safety of charging, if a battery caught fire, the house will be burnt down, vs burning down a few cars in a multistage car park. 😃

16 hours ago, D3badge said:

@D3badge Let me link a page i wrote on this if you are interested in the details. https://www.mycarforum.com/forums/topic/2718325-electric-car-rangewhat-is-wltp-nedc-epa-jc08-catc/

Yes, exactly as you said, it depends on how you drive like the petrol km/l. The test on 364km is based on a standard test done, depending on which country. it includes both city speeds and highway speeds even up to 130km depending on which test. 

btw, this test is also (almost) the same as what is done in petrol FC calculation. So I guess you can do a simple calculation, how much % less you get from your regular driving vs rated FC when you bought the car = how much % less electric range you will get.\

e.g. car spec says 15km/l, but you drive only 13km/l, means about 15% lower. so the car electric range 364km, when you drive maybe you get only 315km.

Edited by Ishiwgao
  • Praise 1

On 3/19/2021 at 12:47 PM, Dleodleo said:

I'm wondering how electric cars survive if we drive in to Malaysia.  Later drive halfway no battery how? 😀😀

carry a small petrol generator in your boot😁

• Haha! 3

19 hours ago, D3badge said:

That is based on current technology.

The gamechanger will be Solid State Battery.

Let me re-emphasize

By 2030, it is either Hybrid or EV.

By 2040, it is EV only.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

That is based on current technology.

The gamechanger will be Solid State Battery.

Let me re-emphasize

By 2030, it is either Hybrid or EV.

By 2040, it is EV only.

10 to 20 years later maybe many of us not driving liao :D

unless we all forever 25 or something like that 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

10 to 20 years later maybe many of us not driving liao :D

unless we all forever 25 or something like that 

Unless autonomous driving becomes prevalent, many ppl who drive now will drive then.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I believe most of the landed owner concerns would be to expose the ugly trunking at their front yard, next is the safety of charging, if a battery caught fire, the house will be burnt down, vs burning down a few cars in a multistage car park. 😃

this one ah?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1429518/porsche-catches-fire-while-charging

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1