Carnival Girls 11 Chinese + 1 Jap

Fishman

Siao! Got eye candy also comprain.

Obviously this contest show too much skin and other races are not comfortable wearing the sexy outfit.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Are the organisers racists or what? No Malay or Indian sexy girls meh?

I see a banned coming your way very soon...................i see this in my crystal ball............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

wondering if the car shw now only hire male model, will the fotographer n audience will bcame 50% less?? [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Rezorn86

Supersonic

I see a banned coming your way very soon...................i see this in my crystal ball............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

You see it in your crystal ball and I feel it in my obsidian balls. [laugh]

Liddat also kenna banned then siao liao many of you should also tio banned - simply for being so narrow-minded in interpreting my comments. Taken - religion does play a part and some girls of certain religion are uncomfortable/forbidden to be seen in revealing clothes, that's life. Maybe But still I suspect the organisers might be biased towards fair-skinned ladies that appeal to predominantly local Chinese males target audience rather than daring to encompass a wider market of all races and nationalities.

Hypersonic

You see it in your crystal ball and I feel it in my obsidian balls. [laugh]

and so.........it is coming sooner than later.................. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hypersonic

Liddat also kenna banned then siao liao many of you should also tio banned - simply for being so narrow-minded in interpreting my comments. Taken - religion does play a part and some girls of certain religion are uncomfortable/forbidden to be seen in revealing clothes, that's life. Maybe But still I suspect the organisers might be biased towards fair-skinned ladies that appeal to predominantly local Chinese males target audience rather than daring to encompass a wider market of all races and nationalities.

just a friendly advice lah..............sensitive and grey topics mah..............what make you so sure the mods wouldn't think in that direction????............and you have two yellow..............very risky............... [:)] [:)]

Turbocharged

beauty in the eyes of the majority mah. its like that. what to do.

in Ms Universe normally its the fair skin girl who win also wor. not uniquely singapore at all.

Neutral Newbie

Why is this thread even alive????

This is a racist thread.

Mods, better do something. Otherwise, more and more people will get offended.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

My malay friend who read this thread this morning said such threads are really unncessary.

It serves more harm than good!!!

He doesnt approve of it

Edited by Bigmatt140

Supersonic

in Ms Universe normally its the fair skin girl who win also wor. not uniquely singapore at all.

That having been said, if you look at the stats, India has won the Miss Universe title twice, tied with Japan (the only East Asian country to have had winners) as the top Asian winner. In the Miss World contest, India has won 5 times (no East Asian country has won before). Of course, these are the fair-skinned and Caucasian-featured Indian girls, common in the cooler parts of India, but not amongst the Southern Indians, from whom most Singaporean Indians claim descent. China has not won either of the contests. And darker-complexioned women have won the contest, e.g. from Angola, but this is not that common, as you point out.

Fair skin is considered an important aspect of beauty in many cultures, but Chinese culture seems to place exceptional emphasis on it (and this attitude is prevalent in Singapore as well). Such an attitude is common in India as well, which is why only the fair girls even get the chance (and they end up winning fairly often).

Think the real discrimination is in the girl's height....never got any girl less than 1.7m won right?

Our Miss SG this year......sweet lah but not made for the world arena.

↡ Advertisement