Recommend tyre to prevent tyre burst while on highway

Gamerking168

Neutral Newbie

any good safety tyres to prevent tyres burst but car still can move safely?

is those run flat good?

recommend pls...

↡ Advertisement

is those run flat good?

recommend pls...

Brand new tyres....

Yes...that up is why you never see BMW tyre punctured stuck on expressway!!

Get a run flat.....saves you from kidnapping in JB land.

Yes...that up is why you never see BMW tyre punctured stuck on expressway!!

Get a run flat.....saves you from kidnapping in JB land.

But rides like a forklift tyre if your suspension is leaning towards the hard side. :D

is those run flat good?

recommend pls...

FREN those runflat tyre can still burst if the driver does not comply the terms and conditions

in the event of pressure LOST the on board computer will alert the driver PRESSUE LOST and Driver need to slow down the car to 80km/h immediately and can continue drive for MAX 80KM.

So If the situation allow the driver can get the tyre check and fix the hole (best patch internally ) in order to save the punctured tyre.

If the driver decided to contiue drive for prolong distance and the punctured tyre could be demaged internally that is WHY the repaire shoudl only be done from inside which can inspect internally (if demaged discard the tyre).

If i does only outside repair method (internal demaged can not be seen).

Neutral Newbie

hi all,,

when i say burst,, is actually refering to the tyre burst while at say 100km/hr,,,,causing the car to veer to 1 side, n lost control and skid or buang to duno where.....

hi all,,

when i say burst,, is actually refering to the tyre burst while at say 100km/hr,,,,causing the car to veer to 1 side, n lost control and skid or buang to duno where.....

I don't think our tire will burst unless you continue using when bald. If you are talking about normal punture, run flat will save you for a couple of hundred km before total destroy, but if you are talking about spikes that they lay on the ground purposely, it will still burst due to multiple puntures.

Twincharged

Run flat tires have very stiff sidewall,the tyre is also much heavier,used more petrol & less power as usual if your car is not equiped to use run-flat.

is those run flat good?

recommend pls...

Many years ago I rode a motorbike to school so was considering a product called Ultraseal. It involved the application of some sealants inside the tyre that will prevent punctures. If the tyre kenna nail or sharp object, all you need to do is to pull out the nail and the sealant will prevent air leakage and you can continue to use the tyre per normal.

Remember seeing a demo on this product at one of the motor shows. It must be at least 25years ago so I am not sure if it is still available here. You could take a look at their website though. http://www.ultraseal.com/index.html

Many years ago I rode a motorbike to school so was considering a product called Ultraseal. It involved the application of some sealants inside the tyre that will prevent punctures. If the tyre kenna nail or sharp object, all you need to do is to pull out the nail and the sealant will prevent air leakage and you can continue to use the tyre per normal.

Remember seeing a demo on this product at one of the motor shows. It must be at least 25years ago so I am not sure if it is still available here. You could take a look at their website though. http://www.ultraseal.com/index.html

I think Ive seen the ads before. But much more recent (1 to 2 yrs back)....

Think the tire seal is not what the TS look for. If tire burst. Think the liquid sealant in the tire is not fast enough to hold the crack.... it will works only if nails or screws that punches thru the tire n the air leak slowly, where there are enough time for the sealant to cure when contact with air.

Change to tyres that is used by US president armoured limousine. Problem is can afford the tyre or not, and then can afford the petrol or not

Run flat is good, but more expensive, louder, more harsh, & heavier. I think BMW comes standard with run flat, GTR also (mainly due to no spare tire).

Turbocharged

Run flat is good, but more expensive, louder, more harsh, & heavier. I think BMW comes standard with run flat, GTR also (mainly due to no spare tire).

yup! but damn ex bro. im running 20" run flat (20" is stock ah ...) and each tire about $700-$800. have driven from marine parade to bukit timah on one of the flats at about 90 ... no problem (was going down to get it repaired ...)

so far, the tires are quite strong .. got quite a few nails/screws etc stuck inside, but no loss of pressure. (i work in an industrial area)

probably the smaller sized tires should be suitable for your needs bro ... the tires are damn hard la .. they wont suddenly explode i think, just lose pressure but still can drive pretty safely ..

hi all,,

i think you are not refering to tyre explosion.

Yes, sudden lost of tyre pressure could lead to lost control of car(skid or buand is very very dangerous) especially the back tyre.

peroidic / preventive maintainance like checking air pressure once every 2 weeks and lotate your tyre regularly at tyre shop ( 10k km)(they should inspect your tyre visually) you should able to bring the risk down to minimum.

All tyre needs maintenance.

runflat tyres are designed to overcome above problem,it prevent tyre from completely flat(still stand strongly supporting your car weight)

that is why the car MUST equip with tyre pressure monitoring system can use runflat tyre.

driver will be alerted in the event of tyre punctured.

ONLY issue is runflat tyre is not CHEAP and ride comfort compromised and HEAVY.

SO if all above issue is your concern you can forget about using runflat tyre.

stick to you traditional tyre (use GOOD quality tyre) with above mentioned cares

You are almost correct.

Not only must the leak be small, less than 6mm,

Leak must occur while tyres are still rotating and completed sealing.

If left to park with leak still occurring, the sealing compound will flow to bottom of tyres, so still will get the flat Tyre.

It cost me $20each to fill each tyre,but soon removed them after the flat incident.

Install TPMS, there are telltale signs before tyres burst.

Temperature and pressure went out of range.

TPMS provided drivers with these bital information.

These helped unless its a sudden blown out.

I don't think our tire will burst unless you continue using when bald. If you are talking about normal punture, run flat will save you for a couple of hundred km before total destroy, but if you are talking about spikes that they lay on the ground purposely, it will still burst due to multiple puntures.

thanks all,, so n summary,, unless use the bald tyres,,,,in normal situation will not encounter sudden blown out or tyre explosion rite.......of cos unless kana spikes...

(edited)

Military, high security and VVVIP vehicles dont use run flat tyres.

The use some thing else for tyre protections.

Check at Bulldog Direct protective systems - tire inserts.

Bull dog protective systems

Edited by 5936
↡ Advertisement