Would u trade in ur 2 yo Jazz for a 4 yo Vios for boot space

Yr1985

Turbocharged

Yup, hatchback is more practical in terms of cargo storage than sedan.

Also remember for sedan with deep boot, it can be frustrating to store and retrieve stuff towards the front portion.

i still prefer a sedan anytime. [:p]

just that i find changing from Jazz to Vios is redundant as the boot size isnt anything to shout about. even if there is increase, the increase doesnt justify the price or age of the replacement Vios.

Airwave, however is different. its afterall an estate version of Jazz. so the feel will be similar plus a real big boost in boot size.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Surprisingly seems like jazz space is better than vios?! Always thought sedan should be bigger than hatchback?! [:/]

because there is a smaller height constraint for Jazz. plus the comparision is Jazz and Vios. if its Altis or CS3 then the latter win jazz.

just think. you can stack your stuff high high. odd shape stuff that might fit well in Jazz might have problem with Vios.

cause it might fit the width of the boot, but what about the height?? it might fit the dept and width but the height?? for Jazz, the height and width is not a major concern. only concern is the depth, which wasnt as bad as what we see inside, once we open the door behind.

Edited by Joseph22

Supersonic

I still find sedan car more practical, in terms of boot space. Cause in a sedan car, you can carry many things and at the same time also can carry passengers. Whereas hatchback although the back seat can fold or even take out, but many times either you only can carry things or passengers only. Cause i still find the boot in a hatchback car quite small.

Turbocharged

I still find sedan car more practical, in terms of boot space. Cause in a sedan car, you can carry many things and at the same time also can carry passengers. Whereas hatchback although the back seat can fold or even take out, but many times either you only can carry things or passengers only. Cause i still find the boot in a hatchback car quite small.

of course, i we are getting a 1.6 Sedan, no issue at all. but if its a small size sedan, the boot space constrain become very obvious.

BTW, the new elantra have good boot depth but its opening left much to be desire with.

Supersonic

of course, i we are getting a 1.6 Sedan, no issue at all. but if its a small size sedan, the boot space constrain become very obvious.

BTW, the new elantra have good boot depth but its opening left much to be desire with.

Agreed, sedan is better in terms of boot space, but if refer to small size sedan then also not much difference to hatchback. I like 1.6L sedan like altis, elantra, forte, cruze and civic space wise quite good.

You mean the opening of the elantra boot no good? [:/]

Turbocharged

Agreed, sedan is better in terms of boot space, but if refer to small size sedan then also not much difference to hatchback. I like 1.6L sedan like altis, elantra, forte, cruze and civic space wise quite good.

You mean the opening of the elantra boot no good? [:/]

hole too small liao. difficult to take out or put in bulky item. [:(]

or was it, all modern car are made like that liao?? [laugh]

Supersonic

hole too small liao. difficult to take out or put in bulky item. [:(]

or was it, all modern car are made like that liao?? [laugh]

Maybe only 1.6L sedan is like that? You look at those 2.0L sedan, hole big or small? [:/]

Turbocharged

Maybe only 1.6L sedan is like that? You look at those 2.0L sedan, hole big or small? [:/]

err.. Elantra even if got 2.0 should also be the same lah..

if you talking about I45. that one is [thumbsup]

Don't bother. I assume you're looking at the 08 Vios aka Belta. I own one & the boot space is miserable compared to a CS3 Lancer or Impreza TS. Heck, unless you go for the G-model Vios with the fold-down seats, don't expect to get much more stuff into the boot than your current Jazz. If you're looking at the J or E-spec Vios, you'll realize that your jazz is able to squeeze in more if stacked to the top of the windscreen, and put some under the rear seats.

respect! even all salesman i spoke to dun even noe abt

folding seats for G model. Becos of ur post i realise the 3 yo

Vios is a G. Therefore I did the unthinkable, signed on

the ........... ___________.

Supersonic

err.. Elantra even if got 2.0 should also be the same lah..

if you talking about I45. that one is [thumbsup]

Looks like if want bigger boot opening, can only look at sedan like i45, camry or accord.

Turbocharged

Looks like if want bigger boot opening, can only look at sedan like i45, camry or accord.

i think CS3 and forte boot opening quite reasonable.

problem for elantra might be they sacrifice boot opening for looks.

which is something i dont like. function should always be over look.

Neutral Newbie

Well, since you jumped in with your decision, congrats! I only hope I won't become the object of your curses further down the road IF you should ever find that the usable boot space of the Vios is not that much better than the Jazz. LoL.

Frankly, the differences in the J, E & G-specs are laughable, even pitiful if I'm brutally honest. J-spec has only 1 airbag, rear drum brakes & no folding seats. E-spec has 2 airbags, rear drum brakes & still no folding seats. G-spec has all the options like 2 airbags, rear discs, folding seats, audio controls on the steering wheel & that orange "Optitron" instrument cluster. They should have just done away with the lower-specced models & just have the G. Or perhaps a G-spec, along with another even higher specced model. [hur]

Well, since you jumped in with your decision, congrats! I only hope I won't become the object of your curses further down the road IF you should ever find that the usable boot space of the Vios is not that much better than the Jazz. LoL.

Frankly, the differences in the J, E & G-specs are laughable, even pitiful if I'm brutally honest. J-spec has only 1 airbag, rear drum brakes & no folding seats. E-spec has 2 airbags, rear drum brakes & still no folding seats. G-spec has all the options like 2 airbags, rear discs, folding seats, audio controls on the steering wheel & that orange "Optitron" instrument cluster. They should have just done away with the lower-specced models & just have the G. Or perhaps a G-spec, along with another even higher specced model. [hur]

haha...no worry bro...a man stand by his own signature. I find it stupid

too as i tell the dealer off...my barebone jazz is a G model already. Now

I need to chill a few cans b4 facing.my CFO...what a day.

Surprisingly seems like jazz space is better than vios?! Always thought sedan should be bigger than hatchback?! [:/]

Mitsubishi colt has got pretty small boot space.

Suzuki swift is much worst.

Supersonic
(edited)

Toyota cars always have many version or spec for one model, sometimes i also dont understand the differences. Like altis has elegance version and without elegance version, wonder what is the difference? And vios has basic, J and G version!

Edited by 13177

Thread closed ..... TS made decision liao ....

Just kidding .... decision made move on ...... enjoy your new ride ....... have fun

(edited)

Car ownership is about happiness.

TS is happy. Good for him.

I am also happy. Because I reach the prosperous 8888 posts today!!

Edited by SimonTan
↡ Advertisement