Would u trade in ur 2 yo Jazz for a 4 yo Vios for boot space

Yr1985

Hypersonic

they way you all upgrading for him, soon you will ask him to buy S-class than bus [laugh]

cfm today no fever...................this post make my day................. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

You lucky I nv recommend him Jetta [laugh]

Last yr when I look ard, Jetta at 100k <_<

Jetta good meh since 7 speed DSG problematic?! [rolleyes]

Supersonic

buy altis, might as well get a Octavia Combi [:p] around same price. safer, more powerful and bigger boots. [laugh]

Always heard people say, altis more reliable and you never goes wrong buying altis. :D

Neutral Newbie

I am driving a hatchback and always wonder why boot space in so important for owners of sedans. I hardly use the miserable storage space of my hatchback and even if I had prams, prams would fit into the hatchback without problem. Unless u have a wheelchair, then maybe there will be an issue.

Personally I think hatch backs like the fit and swifts are better for a trip to Ikea than the vios if theres no passengers behind, as u can simply fold down the back seats for storage.

I think sedans offer a better protection in rear-end collisions? If car bang from behind rear passengers in hatchback not so protected vs sedans :huh:

Turbocharged
(edited)

Altis also tight at the rear. Save the hassle, upgrade to Camry. [:p]

Like that no end.... end up got to buy (Air)bus... [laugh][:p]

But I agree with Latio.... the most spacious sedan in its class..... its a family car.... so dont expect it to zoom zoom like EVO... [laugh]

Edited by Nlatio

(edited)

I think sedans offer a better protection in rear-end collisions? If car bang from behind rear passengers in hatchback not so protected vs sedans :huh:

Hatchback has as good protection as sedan as long as there is a boot deep enough (some hatchbacks has depth equal to that of sedan) as buffer to contact with rear passengers. So, MPV should be the worst (if there are occupants at the 3rd row).

Of course, this is simplistic view. We need to take into account of design and body rigidity.

Edited by Kangadrool

Then threadstarter should get Volvo Sedans!

Supersonic

TS, frm yr description of boot needs, I personally will go for e switch. Will b more comfortable for all not to hv stuff hanging frm back of seats or to fight for seating space for passengers. E $10k take back can use for upkeep of vios since its 2 yrs older.

Just my thoughts.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Always heard people say, altis more reliable and you never goes wrong buying altis. :D

yeah that is what my uncle say too when he buy... but keep quiet after a genting trip because his Altis as jia you as my CS3. [laugh]

Turbocharged

No lah, he should get an MB C180 and shut them all up!

like that next we will be talking about bently soon...

when is Bus going to come out :o

Turbocharged

Hatchback has as good protection as sedan as long as there is a boot deep enough (some hatchbacks has depth equal to that of sedan) as buffer to contact with rear passengers. So, MPV should be the worst (if there are occupants at the 3rd row).

Of course, this is simplistic view. We need to take into account of design and body rigidity.

unless you are talking about estate, if not, its unlikely that hatchback boot deep is as long as sedan bah.

I changed from a Fit to EX Lancer last year... i believe similar needs to urself. Vios not worth the change/upgrade. No difference at all. Might as well dun change :D

But my curr EX beh pai... really big boot and bigger rear cabin... only thing slower [bigcry]

EX slower den Fit? cannot be right? [confused]

unless you are talking about estate, if not, its unlikely that hatchback boot deep is as long as sedan bah.

Also must look at the material used.... I personally think a conti hatchback may provide same or more protection to rear pax than a Jap sedan.