Would u trade in ur 2 yo Jazz for a 4 yo Vios for boot space

Yr1985

EOL liao unless he want to take a car with less than 5 years [bigcry]

sorry my error. last Edix in 2009 or 2010 i think.

yes,latest i think is 2009 or 2010.

its a very spacious car that sits 6 normal size adults comfortably including ample legroom with a considerable big boot size.

↡ Advertisement

Why would u wanna do tat?? 2yr jazz is better than a 4 yr old vios. Futhermore jazz backseat can be brought down flat... 2 mountain bikes could go in.. Don't tink vios can do tat

New or old Jetta boot space bigger?

On paper supposed to be the same.

But when compare side by side, the new one seems like got the same depth but the height of the boot space seems abit lower.

New one also using normal metal-bar hinge which take up abit of space on the side instead of compact hydraulic hinge

Bros, I went to chk out Vios yesterday, true enough I see no diff from Jazz but a boot bigger

by 140 ish litres. Frankly, the Jazz ultra seats are great for couples

with dogs but not for children. I also looked at other bigger 1.6s but

price a bit in a high side. So now, it is just that boot translated to space,

safety from rear bang perception, some money back and views fr bros here.

I let the force brew, after today it is either Jazz or Vios. No more diddy daddy. haha

Supersonic

this is how we test.

We come down Genting. go to KL top up same fuel and same grade to the max.

then when we reach JB. we top out to the max same fuel and same sport. price come out is the same.

so depend on you think Altis Jia you or CS3 FC is good lor.

btw its the Pre-facelift version of the current Altis hor. heard the newer one FC now is better.

Lol, always heard toyota car is good in this or better than this?! [:p]

Anyway, as compared with vios and altis only. i would rather take the altis.

Neutral Newbie

Don't bother. I assume you're looking at the 08 Vios aka Belta. I own one & the boot space is miserable compared to a CS3 Lancer or Impreza TS. Heck, unless you go for the G-model Vios with the fold-down seats, don't expect to get much more stuff into the boot than your current Jazz. If you're looking at the J or E-spec Vios, you'll realize that your jazz is able to squeeze in more if stacked to the top of the windscreen, and put some under the rear seats.

Turbocharged

Right now, I wouldn't be trading for anything unless it was an absolute neccessity.

If you really need the extra space - I think a roofrack would be a far more practical and economical solution.

Given what is happening to the COE and the way that people are behaving right now, I get the feeling that used cars are overpriced, and if the COE does fall, there will be a lot of people that will see a lot of value evaporate very quickly.

Not to say that the COE will fall of course....but still, and I'm perservering with my 6 year old Wish (which now has 220,000km on the clock) for the time being (and am considering a roofrack)

Bros, I went to chk out Vios yesterday, true enough I see no diff from Jazz but a boot bigger

I let the force brew, after today it is either Jazz or Vios. No more diddy daddy. haha

If you are looking at the Vios, why not take a look at the 5th generation Honda City as well ..... production for this model start in Y2008 ... which is 4 years in Y2012 .... between the Vios and City, my vote goes to the City.

City is a close comparisan to the Vios ... both manuafctured in Tom Yam land .....

Turbocharged

Lol, always heard toyota car is good in this or better than this?! [:p]

Anyway, as compared with vios and altis only. i would rather take the altis.

Its still not a bad car.

the sound proofing is definitely better than my CS3. pretty comfort to for the passenger. i wont say its really as bad.

just that, i think the issue with FC is because its using a 4AT while Axio and Allion is using CVT.

Supersonic

Right now, I wouldn't be trading for anything unless it was an absolute neccessity.

If you really need the extra space - I think a roofrack would be a far more practical and economical solution.

Given what is happening to the COE and the way that people are behaving right now, I get the feeling that used cars are overpriced, and if the COE does fall, there will be a lot of people that will see a lot of value evaporate very quickly.

Not to say that the COE will fall of course....but still, and I'm perservering with my 6 year old Wish (which now has 220,000km on the clock) for the time being (and am considering a roofrack)

Agreed, i find the price of the used car now really overpriced. Imagine most of these used car were bought so cheap back then! Although dont think COE will drop in the near future, but seems like many people are changing their 6-7 years car now.

Turbocharged

bro, you go take a look at airwave too. its a better choice then Vios IMO.

also, dont be trick by the slightly long depth of the Vios. Jazz also had height which allow it to have more storage space than a Vios.

i drove up to genting with a family of 4 +1 (1 small baby) everything put at the boot. and you know that young baby got lots of things to bring. Steriliser, baby powder, 1 pack of pampers and baby pram. all into Jazz. I dont think Vios can take in all those thing.

Supersonic

If you are looking at the Vios, why not take a look at the 5th generation Honda City as well ..... production for this model start in Y2008 ... which is 4 years in Y2012 .... between the Vios and City, my vote goes to the City.

City is a close comparisan to the Vios ... both manuafctured in Tom Yam land .....

If compared between the current vios and the current city, i prefer the city, design look nicer.

also, dont be trick by the slightly long depth of the Vios. Jazz also had height which allow it to have more storage space than a Vios.

i drove up to genting with a family of 4 +1 (1 small baby) everything put at the boot. and you know that young baby got lots of things to bring. Steriliser, baby powder, 1 pack of pampers and baby pram. all into Jazz. I dont think Vios can take in all those thing.

Yup, hatchback is more practical in terms of cargo storage than sedan.

Also remember for sedan with deep boot, it can be frustrating to store and retrieve stuff towards the front portion.

Supersonic

Surprisingly seems like jazz space is better than vios?! Always thought sedan should be bigger than hatchback?! [:/]

Supersonic

Yup, hatchback is more practical in terms of cargo storage than sedan.

Also remember for sedan with deep boot, it can be frustrating to store and retrieve stuff towards the front portion.

Actually still depends on which hatchback you are refering to, not all hatchback is practical in terms of storage space.

↡ Advertisement