Fuel tank top crack after servicing

Tom_kkh

fuel leaks when full tank right after servicing at CnC

went back to CNC and they told me my warranty was over for 2 months, cannot claim.

so now either i get a new fuel tank for $2000 or I have to pay $200 for their inspection of the leak.

KNN...... asked them what caused the leak, they say dono...

will never step into CNC or buy another kia again...

↡ Advertisement

went back to CNC and they told me my warranty was over for 2 months, cannot claim.

so now either i get a new fuel tank for $2000 or I have to pay $200 for their inspection of the leak.

Never happen before servicing? Btw, how much is each servicing for Kia cars at CnC?

Never happen before servicing? Btw, how much is each servicing for Kia cars at CnC?

normal 275. major 320. +- $10

Bring it elsewhere to check. If its simply leaking when full, depending on where its leaking from, it may just be that the hose clamp between the fuel intake pipe and the tank has come loose, the rubber joint come out, or the seal for the tank cover (where the fuel pump goes in) has moved or its seal broken. It may not mean that the tank has ruptured.

Bring it elsewhere to check. If its simply leaking when full, depending on where its leaking from, it may just be that the hose clamp between the fuel intake pipe and the tank has come loose, the rubber joint come out, or the seal for the tank cover (where the fuel pump goes in) has moved or its seal broken. It may not mean that the tank has ruptured.

they have checked everything, including clamps and hoses. and they found cracks on the fuel tank.

i suspect it was damaged previously when I had my rear suspension replaced as I did not have any accident whatsoever.

2 workshop asked me the same question if i changed my rear suspension before. they say it is very common for inexperience mechanics to hit the fuel tank while changing it.

than again its my words against CNC words....

Successful repairs can save lot of money. If the repairing is possible with traditional methods as solder or welding then it can save money and time both. It is really pocket friendly idea.

fiber tanks...

Hypersonic

S$2000 is for the total change or tank only before freight???............last time komoco quoted me tank $800.....freight S$2000............. [:(] [:(] [:(]

Hypersonic

that is the problem...............pay high price for servicing because of warranty............when time to claim............warranty over liao...... [mad] [mad] [mad]

(edited)

fiber tanks...

bro, fiber tank can be patch. Seen it before when I was in Property Mgmt line. The contractor use some putty look a like stuff, mixed with fiber to patch the cracked water tank... its many times bigger than our car fuel tank and I'm sure if that is safe, our fuel tank its just peanut....

Anyway, as I always say, I wont service/ repair my car at places that I dont get to see how they work on it.... After hearing your case..... I will make sure that I do the same thing in the future as well...

Edited by Tigershark1976

Hypersonic

Successful repairs can save lot of money. If the repairing is possible with traditional methods as solder or welding then it can save money and time both. It is really pocket friendly idea.

i had a leak tank before also..........no workshop want to weld it back for me............time consuming and dangerous............

they have checked everything, including clamps and hoses. and they found cracks on the fuel tank.

i suspect it was damaged previously when I had my rear suspension replaced as I did not have any accident whatsoever.

2 workshop asked me the same question if i changed my rear suspension before. they say it is very common for inexperience mechanics to hit the fuel tank while changing it.

Crap. Looks like you have to replace it or get it plastic welded back. Even though the latter is cheaper, neither is going to be very cheap to do. Personally, I would run with getting a new tank via a stockist, then get it replaced somewhere other than CnC.

If it was damaged previously, was there a dip in your FC?

I experienced some s--t from my AD last mth. Did something without informing me of the consequencs and made some deep scratches on the inside of my door. [bigcry]

Touch it up myself but looks like s--t.

Now thinking whether to write in to complain or just leave it. [mad]

↡ Advertisement