Repair existing car or Change NEW

Gizmo

My car honda stream is starting to get sick

need to change

absorber

possible air con compressor

electric steering wheel

est. cost ard $5 K

Should i repair or book a new hyundai elantra 1.6 ?

↡ Advertisement

Repair.

Just because car got wear and tear issue, want to change brand new car, but downgrade from Cat B to Cat A, from Japanese to Korean?

IMO repair is the choice. is still cheaper than getting a new car and having to reloan all over again. Repair cost you $5K or you wan tto burden yourself with more loan and interest? IMO, $5k repair can last you a few more years. Still more economical.

Repair.

Just because car got wear and tear issue, want to change brand new car, but downgrade from Cat B to Cat A, from Japanese to Korean?

Many ppl dun do their Math when it comes to buying cars. They just want someone to work out how much installment they pay per month and that's it. Ignorance is bliss. :D

If your installment does not go up by much and its affordable, go ahead and change to new car.

There are more benefits of doing so. You get that shiok feeling again, low risk of breakdowns, new warranty, bragging right, low maintenance. You only live once. Just do it!

But of course, I have to say I've vested interests. [:p]

need to change

absorber

electric steering wheel

est. cost ard $5 K

Repair is a wiser option.

Supersonic

Based on current super high COE, it is more practical and cheaper to repair than buy new car. Even you need to fork out 5K for repair works. As new elantra cost at least 100K, maybe you need to calculate how much can you downpaymeny and loan? I believe the cost should be much more higher than repairing your existing car.

I think those people who used reason to change car when their existing car is spoilt and need parts replacement. These people are either too much money to spare or they dont know how to do their sums?! [rolleyes]

If your installment does not go up by much and its affordable, go ahead and change to new car.

There are more benefits of doing so. You get that shiok feeling again, low risk of breakdowns, new warranty, bragging right, low maintenance. You only live once. Just do it!

But of course, I have to say I've vested interests. [:p]

wah how can the instalment does not go up by much during this kind of COE times? Must be joking.

Neutral Newbie

need to change

absorber

electric steering wheel

est. cost ard $5 K

changing 4 absorbers are about S$500.

air con compressor is about S$400+

power steering is about S$2000 for Honda Civic. should be the same for stream

I've done my sum, definitely higher loan than existing, though downgrading 1.8 jap to 1.6 korean.

But that is what everyone will encounter right?

changing 4 absorbers are about S$500.

air con compressor is about S$400+

power steering is about S$2000 for Honda Civic. should be the same for stream

I thought rsz absorber is ard $1K

Compressor $600

Goodness, electric power steering $2k ?? [crazy]

Neutral Newbie

I thought rsz absorber is ard $1K

Compressor $600

Goodness, electric power steering $2k ?? [crazy]

i bought direct from supplier and paid the extra labour charges. it is still cheaper than what the workshops wanted to charge me.

much appreciated

-bump-

Please lah............what you trying to do..............you no sian meh???................ [dizzy][crazy] [crazy]

Please lah............what you trying to do..............you no sian meh???................ [dizzy][crazy] [crazy]

Alot of new comers doing that now, they just trying to earn thread count to do something evil.... <_<

↡ Advertisement