How much to replace shock absorbers?

SLSAMG88

Not too familiar with JB so I was planning to get it changed and aligned in Singapore.

Unless you have a WS in JB to recommend?

There r a few I use.

Easy to find is Autobacs. Clear cway n drive along Jln Terbau n just after Taman Melodies n the big Caltex station, keep looking left.

They now occupy the big bungalow. If u see Southern City Mall then u have already passed it.

↡ Advertisement

Happen to be at Tanly Motor Waterloo stockist yesterday.

Latest pricing: For Honda City, They selling Honda shocks for $135 per pc front, and $70 per pc back, before GST.

It's Original Honda, not aftermarket.

• Praise 1

recently car got diagnose rear absorber leakage. left around 1.5yrs. Any alternative proposal apart from change new absorber?

Btw, anyone can recommend cheap workshop for the change? Roughly how much?

recently car got diagnose rear absorber leakage. left around 1.5yrs. Any alternative proposal apart from change new absorber?

Btw, anyone can recommend cheap workshop for the change? Roughly how much?

What alternative are you looking for? It's either change or no change. Unless it's a super high end absorber, it cannot be overhauled. If it's not a massive leak where all the oil is out, leave it. You can check by pressing down and releasing that corner. Does it bounce? Google shock absorber bounce test to get a YouTube explaination of what I'm talking about.

Just push down on the rear of your car, on the side of the leaking shock absorber, and see how it bounces. A normal absorber should go down and then up to the rest position. If it bounces a lot, it might be a good idea to change it. Else you can monitor and see if it gets worse.

If you do not change the worn shocks, be prepared for more dangerous driving conditions and faster tyre wear. Your braking distance will increase, and if you do hit a bump or hole while taking a corner, the whole car may even jump sideways as the job of absorber is to keep the car tyres in contact with the road

• Praise 1

BM Knife really sharp.

Just had my front two shock absorbers replaced on my 8 yo Altis at BM.

S$497 all in.

Each shocker part was S$159.04 including discount.

• Praise 1

S$497 all in.

$500 can change all 4 shock absorbers outside.

• Praise 3

S$497 all in.

Cut throat by ADs. KM charged estimated $900 to change all 4.

• Praise 1

S$497 all in.

497 - 159.04 x 2 = 179 for labour.

Chop chop chopped.

• Praise 1

I checked mine before

I checked front absorber only from stockist.

$135 per piece (orignal Mazda) + labour $30 per piece to install.

Think rear slightly cheaper.

Edited by Divers
  • Praise 1

Just push down on the rear of your car, on the side of the leaking shock absorber, and see how it bounces. A normal absorber should go down and then up to the rest position. If it bounces a lot, it might be a good idea to change it. Else you can monitor and see if it gets worse.

sometimes this method May not work. My car rear shock at 110,000km, can bounce back using this compression push test.. it looks ok, but decides to change out anyway.. and oncevits removed from car, can see that the entire recoil nature totally gone.

I checked mine before

I checked front absorber only from stockist.

$135 per piece (orignal Mazda) + labour $30 per piece to install.

Think rear slightly cheaper.

check with you ah... when driving my mazda3 (2006) over hump slightly faster, front driver side got screeching sound, is it likely to be absorder's problem ah?

check with you ah... when driving my mazda3 (2006) over hump slightly faster, front driver side got screeching sound, is it likely to be absorder's problem ah?

It could be. since 2006, have you change your absorber before. It could be the absorber mounting as well Also check if there is any oil leaking from your driver side absorber. Go to workshop to check and dont anyhow change first.

If you say tok sound then shd be stabliizer link bar.

Im not an expert and still learning. Hope this help.

Edited by Divers
↡ Advertisement