Saw a Lotus Esprit discarded in JB...

Chewbacca

It was abandoned in a small side alley in Permas Jaya. I drove past, did a double take, and drove into the alley a bit to take a better look.

So sad.....it's such a beautiful, almost iconic car.....I'd call it a classic.

Wasn't able to tell which version it is, though....

Sigh....maybe tow the chasis back.....and put it....somewhere.

↡ Advertisement

It was abandoned in a small side alley in Permas Jaya. I drove past, did a double take, and drove into the alley a bit to take a better look.

SG Plate? Would be worth the trouble. If abandoned, can do a full restore, and exported out to collectors in the UK.

Best bet is to sell as is.

No plate at all. That's why think can tow and no one ask question. But pretty bad condition. Also not sure if engine still inside....

No plate at all. That's why think can tow and no one ask question. But pretty bad condition. Also not sure if engine still inside....

Tow back here you will have to pay taxes for bring it in. If engine still in, can sell as is, bring to workshop,

then again, if suay suay owner turn up, can trace via engine block number. If you want to the risk, take photo,

place on UK site to sell as is with no asking price. You never know, that being said, this lotus is not rare, until the

Ferrari Dino, now, THAT is RARE.

There's one in Singapore, parked at the Concourse, and one being sold on SG car mart.

Yeah, Esprit very long production run. Besides, I'll have no idea what I'm doing, so I suspect not going to make much out for it.

But, just feel that so very wasted....it's an incredibly nice looking car. After so many years, still looks very modern. Like the Countach....

Yeah, Esprit very long production run. Besides, I'll have no idea what I'm doing, so I suspect not going to make much out for it.

But, just feel that so very wasted....it's an incredibly nice looking car. After so many years, still looks very modern. Like the Countach....

Well, hands tied, how I wish I could do something, but not in the position to either. All super cars have the "look" that saying, this is a lost look,

left in that era, 70s-80s. And you might not like the handling, no hydraulic steering. Engine would be salvageable, parts still accessible, bodywork

is no big deal. It's the taxes that will fark you along with the legalities of ownership. Not suka suka can drag a car from MY back one, or for that matter, anywhere.

How about towing to a workshop in JB?

You can seriously forget abt towing it back to SG.

(edited)

Well, hands tied, how I wish I could do something, but not in the position to either. All super cars have the "look" that saying, this is a lost look,

left in that era, 70s-80s. And you might not like the handling, no hydraulic steering. Engine would be salvageable, parts still accessible, bodywork

is no big deal. It's the taxes that will fark you along with the legalities of ownership. Not suka suka can drag a car from MY back one, or for that matter, anywhere.

no taxes here la.

car >3 years old from first REG cannot use here. Tow back just store no need pay coz not gonna be road registered...

Edited by Mllcg

It may look good but that car is well known to have a lot of reliability issues. The owner probably gave up repairing and decided to just dump it.

It may look good but that car is well known to have a lot of reliability issues. The owner probably gave up repairing and decided to just dump it.

They used either ford, Renault, or other "common" brand engines. No real fancy / hi-tech.. Wonder what the clitches were, maybe electricals etc?

The body shapeis quite timeless. Interior is closer to kitcar standard than typical family cars. Still my dream car. [:)]

Supercharged

well, for all you know. it could owned by some shop owners nearby.

if you really like this masterpiece, just pay for the tow and recondition it back.

bring it further up like penang, just curious. no key. how?

no taxes here la.

car >3 years old from first REG cannot use here. Tow back just store no need pay coz not gonna be road registered...

Bring in lah, last time got to state reason for importation and got tax lah. Here where got suka so good give free one.

Bah Kwa also ban.

well, for all you know. it could owned by some shop owners nearby.

if you really like this masterpiece, just pay for the tow and recondition it back.

bring it further up like penang, just curious. no key. how?

Can start without key still lah. Provide all still ok. Depends on the extent of the restoration.

Boh hwa to restore and use in SG. Better off buying a working one.

Supercharged

Can start without key still lah. Provide all still ok. Depends on the extent of the restoration.

Boh hwa to restore and use in SG. Better off buying a working one.

haha, well.

even without the engine, still can use it as a form of deco.

hey TS, give me the coordinates, i take a look. [laugh]

haha, well.

even without the engine, still can use it as a form of deco.

hey TS, give me the coordinates, i take a look. [laugh]

Cut the whole back off, ship front in and use as table.