Buy Ipad only to play games and internet at home

Panerex77

opinion needed.

already have Iphone with internet connection on the go.

occupation does not require ipad to facilitate business purpose.

am thinking of buying an ipad just for playing games and internet surfinng at home (even though already have laptop with mobile broadband connection - just that it is more convenient to surf using Ipad).

and to do that, to buy a 2nd sim card from singtel at $5 charge per month.

do you think this is not a recommended move?

also, does it mean the Ipad that i buy from Singtel will not be at discounted price, since there will be no new line sign-up?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

opinion needed.

am thinking of buying an ipad just for playing games and internet surfinng at home (even though already have laptop with mobile broadband connection - just that it is more convenient to surf using Ipad).

also, does it mean the Ipad that i buy from Singtel will not be at discounted price, since there will be no new line sign-up?

you are getting an additional microsim which latches on your pre-existing iPhone plan so as to share its bundled monthly data. Therefore, if you do buy the iPad from Singtel, you aren't purchasing it with a service contract. I wouldn't understand why you would do that since Singtel will charge you the full retail price. No difference from buying from Apple.com or from Apple resellers.

Edited by Happily1986

IPad is good for surfing, and instant on to get maps or information from google is very convenient compared to laptop.

I thought almost everyone has gotten a iPad by now.

You are late.

Might as well wait for the rumoured 7" new iPad.

opinion needed.

buy ipad in MY cheaper by $60

SG: $658: http://store.apple.com/sg/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad

MY: MY$1500 = S$598: http://store.apple.com/my/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad

A List of Places in MY to buy: http://www.apple.com/asia/ipad/buy/resellers-my.html

opinion needed.

Well, look at it this way. You will not get the discounted price because there is no new line, so you will pay the standard full price. By taking a 2nd sim card, you pay the $5 charge per month and avoid having to pay the monthly subscription for a new plan. In a way you get more freedom because you are not bound to a contract but at the same time you have to work out if the savings from not having a monthly plan is worthwhile for you to pay the standard full price, considering you will still be paying $5 for the 2nd sim card every month.

Turbocharged

opinion needed.

I have the exact same thoughts as you.. but an additional thing i have in mind is it'll be good to preload all my company brochures and equipment datasheets to the iPad and use it as a platform for last min presentation to clients.

So i borrowed my gf's iPad first to see whether it's worth the money, and whether i really need it or not..

End up, i find i hardly use the iPad when i'm home.. surfing on a 21" monitor on my desktop feels so much better than the small 10" iPad screen. And sometimes the 3G speed is so slow that the browser just show "Time Out"

watch movie, play game, watch video, music, watch more movie, surf net, ebay, check shipment, online banking, watch movie....

watch movie, play game, watch video, music, watch more movie, surf net, ebay, check shipment, online banking, watch movie....

so what happen to your laptop and mobile phone?

i agree...able to do more on a laptop...nowadays when i go out or to relative's house..i bring my old netbook along..able to watch movies...and there's a keyboard to type as well..same size as ipad...coz its a 10inch [:p]

Most ppl buy to play game and surf only loh....I am still using my old laptop. [:(]

My colleague bought 2 ipads when holidaying in HK. My boss as well as they said it's cheaper by abt $100-$120.

Buy a wifi only iPad since it is largely for home use. Use your iPhone (tethering) to surf while outside. Don't need to pay extra for microsim and can save a few hundreds on hardware.

so what happen to your laptop and mobile phone?

Laptop for doing works like photo edit, making home movie, email, microsoft office stuff (not much though :D ) , overall laptop a bit under utilized.

Phone for whatsapp, SMS, calls, surfing net, gps, etc.

Ok seem like we have many gadget around but all under utilized [laugh] [laugh]

i agree...able to do more on a laptop...nowadays when i go out or to relative's house..i bring my old netbook along..able to watch movies...and there's a keyboard to type as well..same size as ipad...coz its a 10inch [:p]

same as me. however i do intend to get the Nexus 7 from Google when its out.

opinion needed.

If u have wireless network at home, just buy d WiFi version. U can use Personal Hotspot from ur iPhone (iOS 5) when u bring ur iPad out of home. So dont need to subscribe to another BOM or get a 2nd SIM. This is what I am doing,as i hardly bring iPad out.

Yes buying from MY or HK is cheaper due to exchange rate diff. Bought iPad2 last yr in KL.

U can also watch movies, tv program like F1, from pptv, ppstv, letv, on iPad.

↡ Advertisement