Which car should i buy?

Bigmatt140

haha... actually yes... few weeks ago i saw one guy came out of his mini.. the one with a scoop in front (is it a cooper?)

walao.. the way he walked away from the car is like [gorgeous]

oh yes.. he was carrying a pink laptop bag [shocked]

To me, male mini drivers not necessarily are ah guas or sissys. they are just different, more artsy fartsy.. hipster type. usually scrawny or lanky type with thick frame glasses [:p]

most of the time, either im right or it is a female driver [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

To me, male mini drivers not necessarily are ah guas or sissys. they are just different, more artsy fartsy.. hipster type. usually scrawny or lanky type with thick frame glasses [:p]

you used the word scrawny....haha,.....

Give you a bit more choices before you part with your hard-earned money :

1. VW Beetle - The new version is more manly looking, and its also an iconic car. Better boot and back seats space than Mini. Priced less than Mini Cooper, although more than Koup.

2. Citroen DS3 - Similar mold to Mini, although not iconic.

3. Opel Astra GTC - Sporting looks, also better boot and back seat space than Mini.

No harm in test driving them all before deciding.

Good choices, although the New New Beetle is going to cost abit more than the Mini. And if i'm not wrong, the entry level is the 1.2TSI or 1.4TSI, not the faster twincharged version.

Citroen DS3 is rare on our roads, but still a looker. Ford Fiesta (3 door version) and Opel Astra GTC are also good options.

Not forgetting the more common ones like Scirocco and Golf.

Neutral Newbie

surprisingly, the FC for MINI can be considered relatively good! mine's about 14km/l. perhaps i'm not too heavy footed.

Turbocharged

that was the only time i saw the "大姐" (as my wifey put it) sashay away from his cooper.. not meant to say every guy is [:)]

but yes.. i suppose so...caters to a different market segment of people.. just like the beetle.

well... i'm too boorish & square to appreciate art [laugh]

Turbocharged

1 yr old or less pre-owned cars are not cheap either. I think price should be at least $80K plus or more!

ya.. that's why i said got to do homework..some dealers do mark the price up due to coe hike. better to find from a direct seller.

if he's able to find a cheaper one, at least it is easier on the pocket and bank interest (if he needs to take a loan)

Neutral Newbie

Mini Cooper spare parts also very expensive. Spoil nia, I think must wait very long for it to arrive.

Exactly its spare parts are too expensive and this is the reason why i sale..

the koup can sit 4 comfortably

the mini can only sit 2, there is only a 4 finger legroom once the driver seat is adjusted properly and i'm only 1.6m tall

I won't choose either one but if have to pick, i pick Koup.

At the end of the day you may find the thread inconclusive still.

So if you really want mcfers to decide for you, a poll will be more effective imho.

Quick and painless.. ^_^

but i also scared my frens say mini not manly....sigh

oh...sigh....so the perception of mini really do exist huh?

then any perception of kia koup???

???

Neutral Newbie

If you are onto horse power and cannot tahan 'slow cars', Kia koup should not be your choice. Mini is faster.

But these two are not family cars, IMO only. 2-doors is nvr for more than 2 persons in a long run. Mini is a hate or love situation.

If you want a fun car and not really for family use, then its a different story. But wait, why not look at the only available used MT citroen DS3 only one-year old? It is 156BHP and looks like a mini, and the price should be more pocket-friendly. It a direct owner sale and I believe you can negotiate for it. And it costs much lesser than a mini anytime.

Either way, make up your mind fast to avoid paying much more soon.

On a serious note

I would get a Cooper

Hopefully Cooper s

It's a so much fun to drive car

Talking about looks, handling, iconic history of this ride

Cooper, it's a mini

Cheers

(edited)

I drive a cooper and the fc is pretty good! First 3 years warranty covered too. I pay nothing for servicing each time. Mine's a year old now...

Edited by Spaxe

Between koup and copper, in terms of quality, brand and value seems like copper is better?! [:p] Cause you will feel more "atas being spotted driving copper than koup. [:p]

copper sure better because not a liability...can sell off as a commodity

haha... actually yes... few weeks ago i saw one guy came out of his mini.. the one with a scoop in front (is it a cooper?)

walao.. the way he walked away from the car is like [gorgeous]

oh yes.. he was carrying a pink laptop bag [shocked]

dont care what others think....my car also a lot people say girly