The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

54 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

So give us the name of a share, or UT or ETF at least so we can all have a part in future.

No such thing as 不劳而获 la

And people are chao kuan one. Win Liao won’t say thanks. Lose liao kpkb :grin: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

3 hours ago, Neutrino said:

So give us the name of a share, or UT or ETF at least so we can all have a part in future.

Too many. 
if you look at my past posts you will find some.   I wont go through again. 
Late last year i loaded up on 2 bonds with maturity in 3 yrs.  

7 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Anyone into Healthway stocks? Is the recent rise sustainable?

A few things

check the float vs market cap

check the fundamental business

check the daily liquidity over the last 5 yrs

pennies like pennies do can shoot up or crash

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

A few things

check the float vs market cap

check the fundamental business

check the daily liquidity over the last 5 yrs

pennies like pennies do can shoot up or crash

Any thoughts about whether there's going to be a sell off if there's a wider wuhan virus pandemic?

My trader friend said during SARS, the Hangseng was down about 10%. 

US or global equities vs local? I sold off about 25% of my global equities ETF few days back (though i was always a buy and hold forever kinda guy)

38 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Any thoughts about whether there's going to be a sell off if there's a wider wuhan virus pandemic?

My trader friend said during SARS, the Hangseng was down about 10%. 

US or global equities vs local? I sold off about 25% of my global equities ETF few days back (though i was always a buy and hold forever kinda guy)

If there is truly wide spread of virus, it would be a dampener for sure.  Never wrong for you to take some profits

however todays market is also quicker

liquidity is higher than before as well

local equities is a bummer becos local market is not very efficient and prices often dont go the way they should in terms of velocity and depth.  Good thing is many chances for clear cut arbitrage although amounts are small.

done it many many many times. But all small money , couple of thousand buck, dont move the needle at all

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

If there is truly wide spread of virus, it would be a dampener for sure.  Never wrong for you to take some profits

local equities is a bummer becos local market is not very efficient and prices often dont go the way they should in terms of velocity and depth.  Good thing is many chances for clear cut arbitrage although amounts are small.

done it many many many times. But all small money , couple of thousand buck, dont move the needle at all

Thanks.  My trader friend was optimistic for Q1 2020 before this wuhan thing came along.

Maybe i'll sell off some again this week.
Since i never took in for the last few years. Just buy small chunks and hold.

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

So far, the drop in HK, China and SG is rather uninteresting. I am just going to buy on the way down.  Small bits first.

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Thanks.  My trader friend was optimistic for Q1 2020 before this wuhan thing came along.

Maybe i'll sell off some again this week.
Since i never took in for the last few years. Just buy small chunks and hold.

Yes why not.

but as mentioned, the market has been through this before so be just as ready on the way up.

as for me, i remain very well balanced in my portfolio for continous stream of passive income while still holding more proportion of cash than most people out there. 

Will lap it up as i deem suitable too. 

In times of crisis, there is opportunity

good luck all.

• Praise 2