The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

54 minutes ago, Hachi said:

I no sifu, just read and watch the news more and visit forum. If loss, then me, myself and I to blame.

If profit, also me, myself and I enjoy..... Hahhahah

play shares is small money nia

big money is in private properties

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

33 minutes ago, sti2020 said:

Isn't this due to leverage? You can gear up like that Mr Heng in ST to play.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

Anyone loading up shares of Finance companies e..g Hong Leong?

Make sense to buy now? 

My guru kopiuncle at old laopasat coffeeshop used to tell me

"Why park your money at HLF when you can use your money to buy HLF instead, and earn both dividends, bonus shares and capital appreciation over time?"

True or not best to confirm with @Jamesc 's MIL...

:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

8 hours ago, Hachi said:

STI also green, trying to take profit for my NLT.

Placed order for Kingsmen...

I also like them.

image.thumb.png.b6e03e737f0ae7f888e34e0894eafe61.png

• Haha! 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Yalor

but i dont gear up also can buy a few private properties already 🤭🙄

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

can leverage shares but if buy wrong shares you see the price keep dropping (eg sph, singpost, sembcorp, etc)

buy wrong private properties at least can rent out then wait for enbloc encash, the value will not depreciate like wrong shares 😅

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, sti2020 said:

buy when everyone not buying

not buy when everyone is buying

55 minutes ago, sti2020 said:

can leverage shares but if buy wrong shares you see the price keep dropping (eg sph, singpost, sembcorp, etc)

buy wrong private properties at least can rent out then wait for enbloc encash, the value will not depreciate like wrong shares 😅

This rule doesn't apply to properties?😆

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I also like them.

image.thumb.png.b6e03e737f0ae7f888e34e0894eafe61.png

Nb suddenly rally 20% today, did not manage to get it. If not got spare change for new phones....hahhahahahahah

NLT also never hit my price point, 0.005 over.... Haiz...

Tonight DOW up lah, COVID no. up and jobless rate up lah...Huat ah....

• Haha! 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, sti2020 said:

I like shares, coz it wont drag you, and faster to liquid. Small player, not like the gurus there, fully paid and good location HDB enough for me.

Edited by Hachi
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hachi said:

I like shares, coz it wont drag you, and faster to liquid. Small player, not like the gurus there, fully paid and good location HDB enough for me.

hdb is good for ownstay but price very stagnant unless manage to ballot those rare goldmine eg duxton boonkeng

private properties got much more capital appreciation, and also enbloc potential for good locations

3 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Stocks and properties are two different asset classes

Its wrong to compare them and make a case for each singularly.

i certainly wouldnt.  And as i said in previous posts, there isnt one best investment or asset class on its own.

a combination and clever use of each in a certain percentage and at the right time is key.

stocks being super liquid provides instant avenue to opportunities.  Properties being one of the most illiquid, does not.  However it reacts slower so gives less heart attacks, but when you need to cash out quick, you simply cannot.

Investing is like building and maintaining your physique

first you decide what kind of physique you want and for what purpose.  Some people like loads of muscles and looking good.  others build stamina and long distance resilience. 

Thereafter, you eat the foods and do the activities (invest in various different  asset classes or concentrating only in some)  to achieve your desired physique.  It is not easy to do.  Takes discipline over a long period.

To me, the best kind of body is not just one that looks good.  A gym built one with too big muscles, too heavy, not flexible and cant go long and far, but may possess instant power and usually without true skills is not my way.   A sport built body tried and tested, possessing skills and yet with strength to lift plus flexibility, nimbleness and stamina to go far as well as ability to recover quickly is how i want my overall investment portfolio to be.  

Its a simple concept that is easily understood but difficult to achieve, just like building your desired physique.

good luck.

• Praise 7

18 minutes ago, Chongster said:

took 10 grand off the table from US markets but nowhere to spend it😊

Aiyah, I just sold a Submariner last week less than $10k before the CB.

Wait CB over, i sell you my SD16600 lah, under $10k ok?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Aiyah, I just sold a Submariner last week less than $10k before the CB.

Wait CB over, i sell you my SD16600 lah, under $10k ok?

haha, may be a long wait looking at things.  

7 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Stocks and properties are two different asset classes

Its wrong to compare them and make a case for each singularly.

i certainly wouldnt.  And as i said in previous posts, there isnt one best investment or asset class on its own.

a combination and clever use of each in a certain percentage and at the right time is key.

stocks being super liquid provides instant avenue to opportunities.  Properties being one of the most illiquid, does not.  However it reacts slower so gives less heart attacks, but when you need to cash out quick, you simply cannot.

Investing is like building and maintaining your physique

first you decide what kind of physique you want and for what purpose.  Some people like loads of muscles and looking good.  others build stamina and long distance resilience. 

Thereafter, you eat the foods and do the activities (invest in various different  asset classes or concentrating only in some)  to achieve your desired physique.  It is not easy to do.  Takes discipline over a long period.

To me, the best kind of body is not just one that looks good.  A gym built one with too big muscles, too heavy, not flexible and cant go long and far, but may possess instant power and usually without true skills is not my way.   A sport built body tried and tested, possessing skills and yet with strength to lift plus flexibility, nimbleness and stamina to go far as well as ability to recover quickly is how i want my overall investment portfolio to be.  

Its a simple concept that is easily understood but difficult to achieve, just like building your desired physique.

good luck.

Sure, I do agree with your point. You are talking about asset allocation across properties, equities, bonds, gold, cash etc. 

They are basically still subject to supply and demand and hence bubbles and excesses do form from time to time. Therefore the rules of buying when others are fearful and vice versa do apply to all markets, imo.

We still need to be educated about the value we are getting vis a vis the price we paid.

Good luck 🤞

• Praise 1

If one has deep pockets, of course can talk about 5 properties taking 30%, equities and bonds taking 50% and 20% cash etc.

But if one only has enough to see through one investment type, then one really has to decide carefully what it should be.

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

😆 you will know the answer when you make 7figure profit from private properties

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1