The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Today, SIA shares are trading ex-rights at upto around S$5 per share. As I am typing this, it is being traded for around S$4.78.

This means the share you pay $4-$5 for today is the same as the one people are going to pay $3 for a few weeks later by exercising heir rights.

Things are not as simple as above, just 1 way of looking at things. Long term wise, still have to decide if this industry will recover, how long and if SIA is still worth its past.

Yes, its not as simple, becos thats not quite the full picture and your numbers are incorrect. 

However, it is this mispricing by the market which i mentioned earlier that i take advantage of during such corporate actions

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I have never asked for help for the control over some of the best instruments.

Anyway, if SIA price falls to 3 plus, who would subscribe and why?

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Enye said:

agree also.....but you need to suggest to ah gong other sources of tax revenues

and if the market collapses, don't ask ah gong for help

😅

Well said, free market forces is what i like.

15 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Ok nevermind, you are missing the point with all your replies.

wonder how your Boss or your co workers put up with you.  

Muayhahaha

Simple. I work for myself 🤣

36 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Simple. I work for myself 🤣

Out of point as usual and basically replying for the sake of replying.  Will also add you to my ignore list from now onwards.

cheers

9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Out of point as usual and basically replying for the sake of replying.  Will also add you to my ignore list from now onwards.

cheers

bye. hopefully someone can teach me how to add you as well so won't have to put up with your boasting

• Praise 2

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Showster said:

It's hard to be totally without income with more than 1 property, if you know what I mean... 🙂

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/borrowing-money-against-property-easier-now-for-retirees

Over the years from my personal experience (not from my day job as a General), I found investing in properties rewarding. Other investment categories including paintings and antiques were also very rewarding.

Stocks and etc, not as good as properties. 

I believe invest in what you are comfortable and familiar with. For me, not for everyone, I realized investing in something that I can enjoy will waiting for capital appreciation or in the meantime collecting income. 

As a general rule, I found no matter how cheap the property is, there is a reason why it is cheap and often you end up having to sell it cheap too. Even with different target groups, location is almost everything in property. 

I have to disagree about taking loans. If you are not an investor, pay in full give peace of mind. But if you are an investor, why not take a loan when the mortgage interest is lower than the fixed deposit rates. As in all investment it is all about risk versus reward. Taking a loan (with the ability to service the loan regardless of the economy) it because a leverage to multiple your wealth in multiples. Ever wondered why property developers even have deep pockets also take up loans.

The worse type of investment for anyone is from hearsay without doing their research.

Good luck.

• Praise 2

One day up, one day down.

As mentioned since a month ago buy on dips , sell into strength

Huat huat huat.........

muayhahahaha

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
23 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Just as Jessica Lanjiao, I also feel that the Govt should lower tobacco tax by 75% so that cigar smokers can be supported during this difficult period.  Cigar smokers may not necessarily have cash to burn so we DESERVE some financial aid in the spirit of good mental health.

Yeah, I think ask ah gong pay for all my groceries for 12 months I happy liao :grin: 

This Jessica London really champion.

Twincharged

Looks like SATS is firm while SIA seems to loose quite a bit

C6L.SI - Singapore Airlines Limited

Price. Currency in SGD

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Looks like SATS is firm while SIA seems to loose quite a bit

C6L.SI - Singapore Airlines Limited

Price. Currency in SGD

Can you imagine the one who bot at $5.04

lose more than 10% in one day.....haha

Maybe a lot of Ah gong didnt know that its trading ex rights today and thought the price drop from $5+++ to $4++ overnight, then cheong to buy in..... 

muayhahaha, sometimes watch SGX stocks move, like watching a comedy

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
20 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Can you imagine the one who bot at $5.04

lose more than 10% in one day.....haha

Maybe a lot of Ah gong didnt know that its trading ex rights today and thought the price drop from $5+++ to $4++ overnight, then cheong to buy in..... 

muayhahaha, sometimes watch SGX stocks move, like watching a comedy

I not good in calculating the cost. So what would be the break even price to buy? . Assuming I need to buy the rights n convert? 

Twincharged
23 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I not good in calculating the cost. So what would be the break even price to buy? . Assuming I need to buy the rights n convert? 

too late ex-right today, that meant, if you buy tomorrow you are not entitled to any rights

the theoretical ex-rights price is 4.1plus calculated based on closing price on Friday of 5.91

• Praise 2

Twincharged
3 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

too late ex-right today, that meant, if you buy tomorrow you are not entitled to any rights

the theoretical ex-rights price is 4.1plus calculated based on closing price on Friday of 5.91

I see .. thanks .. no love lost .. unless Sia chiong to new highs back to 9 dollars 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Its a moving number depending on what price is taken as the reference. Theoretically its $4 ex rights if we follow and take the price upon announcement. 

but I personally use a different ref price as a peg it to my father's holdings so for him its about $4.20.  he is exercising the shares rights but selling the MCB rights.

Edited by Throttle2

Turbocharged
44 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

but I personally use a different ref price as a peg it to my father's holdings so for him its about $4.20.  he is exercising the shares rights but selling the MCB rights.

He bought recently at $6.xx?

Alot of investor I guess their avg will be much higher than $5.5?

↡ Advertisement