The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

6 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

He bought recently at $6.xx?

Alot of investor I guess their avg will be much higher than $5.5?

Nah. He bought more than 40yrs ago

haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged

Observation

Hougang Green (99 year leasehold) $798,000 106sqm

Ballota Park Condo (999 year) $1,100,000  116sqm

Pinnacle at Duxton (BTO HDB) $1,232,000 107 sqm

I am missing something?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Observation

I am missing something?

Location, location, location. 

I'm not saying the guy who bought pinnacle at this price is right though.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

Observation

I am missing something?

:grin:

Might as well tell us bungalow in Batam is cheaper than condo in Singapore.

• Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

Observation

I am missing something?

yes, you are missing what you dont want to see.  

23 hours ago, Showster said:

The bank will help you count how much. In essence, non-fixed income counts as 0.7 x amount. Anyway explain already, those who will take it will take it. Those who do not think it possible won’t take it.

Anyway, for me, I feel it is really tough to have absolutely zero earned income. Maybe not during Covid19 period but once it is over? At 65, most important is to have more choices based on inflation pegged assets.

Can sell, can enbloc, can continue to work to complete mortgage, can rent out, can partial cash out etc.

Having more options always beats being forced into one single route.

This discussion originated from your point that no job can still borrow money and buy Investment property.  

Thanks to your reference, we know it might be possible but how many retirees and those without income can or will go borrow big and count on rental income to service the debt. Of course there are people like T2, but they don't make the market.

Plus 0.7 and the falling rental rate is not going to help. It means lots more cash.  No leverage, how can the broad property market run?  

You seems quite sure property prices will stay resilient despite this deep and hard recession that is coming fast and furious due to influx of tenants, rising raw material cost (have you checked the price of oil, coking coal and steel lately?) and what nots.  And you said it best, "explain already, those who will take it will take it. Those who do not think it possible won’t take it."

Let's leave it as it is.

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I think even If bought also won’t get.. As based on settlement date vs purchase?

Its base on ex date not settlement date

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

:grin:

Might as well tell us bungalow in Batam is cheaper than condo in Singapore.

thai Freehold condo at 10% the cost of 99 LH in SG. But the HSR has dampen many purchase plans

Edited by Sdf4786k

32 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

This discussion originated from your point that no job can still borrow money and buy Investment property.  

Thanks to your reference, we know it might be possible but how many retirees and those without income can or will go borrow big and count on rental income to service the debt. Of course there are people like T2, but they don't make the market.

Plus 0.7 and the falling rental rate is not going to help. It means lots more cash.  No leverage, how can the broad property market run?  

You seems quite sure property prices will stay resilient despite this deep and hard recession that is coming fast and furious due to influx of tenants, rising raw material cost (have you checked the price of oil, coking coal and steel lately?) and what nots.  And you said it best, "explain already, those who will take it will take it. Those who do not think it possible won’t take it."

Let's leave it as it is.

Bro he is base on the clock strikes 12 twice a day lah.  So he will be right twice out of 24hrs. 

yes leave it as it is .these people are infamous for missing the point of the discussion.  

No point thats why put on ignore list long long ago

heehee

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Its a moving number depending on what price is taken as the reference. Theoretically its $4 ex rights if we follow and take the price upon announcement. 

but I personally use a different ref price as a peg it to my father's holdings so for him its about $4.20.  he is exercising the shares rights but selling the MCB rights.

Under what circumstances will SIA exercise the option to convert the MCB to shares? There is no new cash for them and it is their option.

If this is done when SIA share is trading at below $4 (assuming no dividend), holders will be screwed. If above, it will dilute non holders and benefit most shareholders and perhaps temasek.  What is the play then? 

Don't understand the maths behind MCB but yield is ok with big big assumption.

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

Bro he is base on the clock strikes 12 twice a day lah.  So he will be right twice out of 24hrs. 

yes leave it as it is .these people are infamous for missing the point of the discussion.  

No point thats why put on ignore list long long ago

heehee

He is quite one dimensional when it comes to SG property. Helps to question my own bias.  He makes sense most time except when it comes to his view that SG property can only go up. Lol.. many are like him actually.  But he is unlike the other forumer on our common ignored list. 😂

Twincharged
39 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

He is quite one dimensional when it comes to SG property. Helps to question my own bias.  He makes sense most time except when it comes to his view that SG property can only go up. Lol.. many are like him actually.  But he is unlike the other forumer on our common ignored list. 😂

Sir, thanks for at least listening.

To be honest, I have been right for 22 out of the 24 hours. The remaining 2 hours, it remains to be seen if I can be proven wrong.

I have been wrong about the profitability and floor price of banks, and I admit it.

But my properties, so far they have always saved me and provided me the way forward. My rent really increased by 10%, very recently renewed. I will admit otherwise if they failed me. The current interest rate I pay to banks is below 1% and even then they ask me to defer payment.

Such good lobangs that spare one of heart attacks timing and venturing the stock market, why shouldn’t I recommend? I recommend to all friends and relatives. The more measures, the more I recommended. So far zero complaints, only those who regretted not taking up.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Cauldron said:

More mortgagee listings go under hammer but buyers come up empty as sellers refuse to blink 

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/more-mortgagee-listings-go-under-hammer-but-buyers-come-up-empty-as-sellers-refuse-to

Just merely 1 month into the crisis and there are already over 17000 applied for mortgage deferment. I thot mcf guru said TDSR will ensure affordability and what not.

So I suppose fire sale should be coming soon. 

Twincharged

Imagine a stock: Govt implement buy restriction. It drops slightly for a while. Then rise again. Govt then puts in seriously numerous further restrictions, ethnic, age, downpayment. Sell restrictions. Limit on number that individuals can buy. Each time, the price dips slightly but always turns up again.

The price has not moved much as a result. 

Which stock has such dynamics? That will be one stock worth to buy definitely. The actual value should be double or more!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1