The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

(edited)
1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

That's pretty high actually. I am on 3M SIBOR+0.2%. Will rise to 0.3% later.

Hope the bank don't prata me.

I am on 1M Sibor + 0.3%, thereafter 1M Sibor +0.4%, even lower than 3M packages. I also know what is meant crazy low rates.

But imagine if interest rates indeed go up to 2% +- like it did in 2019, those on fixed rates can rest easy through that period also. 

Now the banks do not give spread of 0.2-0.3%, they give like 0.6-0.8%.

So not apple to apple choice comparison. If can take Sibor + 0.2 now, who wouldnt???

Edited by Showster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Showster said:

I more FOMO lah. 

Just doubled my small stakes in DBS. Signed on 5 year fixed rate loan with DBS. 

They gain, I gain also. 1.5% leh!

It's my FOMO, you don't need to follow OK?

Why fixed? I went one year FHR8 @ 1.38 with potential to drop even further. 

6 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Which durian has better flesh?  

OCBC or DBS?

UOB.

Why

Its the darling of fund managers.

:grin:

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Will_I_Am said:

Why fixed? I went one year FHR8 @ 1.38 with potential to drop even further. 

As mentioned, my other Sibor-pegged loan (the bigger one) is currently 0.5%. But it does not give me a strong sense of security given how fast world leaders can change their tones.

1.5% fixed for 5 years leh. We can check again in 2023. 

I have tried FHR before, it can be kind of scammy when it happens. FHR rates can be artificially held high and stay high after a period decided by the bank. You will see...

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Showster said:

I am on 1M Sibor + 0.3%, thereafter 1M Sibor +0.4%, even lower than 3M packages. I also know what is meant crazy low rates.

But imagine if interest rates indeed go up to 2% +- like it did in 2019, those on fixed rates can rest easy through that period also. 

Now the banks do not give spread of 0.2-0.3%, they give like 0.6-0.8%.

So not apple to apple choice comparison. If can take Sibor + 0.2 now, who wouldnt???

Sibor related spread has been increasing fast. Just one month ago was 0.6 and now going up to 0.8. At sibor goes lower, spread goes higher. For those with a low spread of 0.2, just stay put and no need do anything. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Showster said:

As mentioned, my other Sibor-pegged loan (the bigger one) is currently 0.5%. But it does not give me a strong sense of security given how fast world leaders can change their tones.

1.5% fixed for 5 years leh. We can check again in 2023. 

I have tried FHR before, it can be kind of scammy when it happens. FHR rates can be artificially held high and stay high after a period decided by the bank. You will see...

I do agree with you somewhat coz the rates took a long time to come down when the interest market plunge. Went for the 1 year lock-in instead and reprice again then. It's a crazy world out there now. Anything can happen.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Enye said:

wah sian...... no msw to eat today

😬🤣

ok la ... got pick D24 today ... huat ah!

let's see how ah dow kor do tonight ... 

7A44839F-08FC-431A-A283-B6481137FCE5.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

UOB.

Why

Its the darling of fund managers.

People ask Kambing or Lembu you say Ayam 😅

hokay lah, you the fun manager 

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Dow Jones chionged slightly last Friday, I wish everybody gong xi fa cai this morning in STI.

Remember to sell on strength, durians can never float in the sky for too long.  What we are seeing is probably a mirage.

Edited by Albeniz

I have a hot tip. 

Buy Hertz car rental sure go up one before going down. 

But now sell high before it drops. 

:D 

Don't be greedy make a lot can already no need to make even more. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I have a hot tip. 

Buy Hertz car rental sure go up one before going down. 

But now sell high before it drops. 

:D 

Don't be greedy make a lot can already no need to make even more. 

I don't quite understand, but I support you!

• Haha! 4

25 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I don't quite understand, but I support you!

Haha

Hertz,  the rental car company that is going through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, can now sell up to $1 billion in stock as it seeks to tap into one of the hottest tickets in town: traders with an appetite for short-term speculative bets.

The decision Friday by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware gives Hertz permission to sell as up to 246.8 million unissued shares to Jefferies LLC. Hertz, which made the emergency request Thursday, has not entered into an agreement with Jefferies, the company noted in a regulatory filing.

Yes, that’s right. The company, which is fighting the New York Stock Exchange from being delisted, can sell stock that might soon be wiped out completely. And it appears there are plenty of retail investors willing and ready to jump in on this scheme.

Shares of Hertz closed at $2.83 Friday, a 37.38% rise from the previous day’s close. The company has seen its share price rise more than 400% since reaching a historical closing low of $0.56 on May 26.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1