The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Seems like the markets has started to pick up reits again.

Obviously the higher yielding ones are getting the limelight eg.  sabana & manulifeUS 

but your usual suspects like Areit, Keppel infra, keppel DC, MLT, suntec all moving up too.

yes thank you ... already picked some lulian when reits were on sales

collect dividends + stock price goes up

caveman is good ... :D 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

The golden rule of investment is "Never invest what you cannot afford to lose". Invest by all means, but do not invest your last dollar or your children's education fund savings. For these, buy SG Bonds. Poor returns, but you know it is safe.   

Investment tenet of high-risk, high-return is very true. If you can get 5X return, also means that your initial investment amount can also be 20% of what put in.  If you are a young person with 40 year career ahead of you, be adventurous. Even if you lose big, you have 40 years to make back the losses and likely even more.

But for us retirees and soon-to-be-retirees who do not have the runway left to make back and big losses, and need to feed ourselves in retirement, a caveman who earns 10% ROI on  $1mio invested sum is enough (speak for myself of course). A safe investment portfolio is the way. A caveman like me can stomach 10%-20% capital loss in short term. But as my horizon is 5 years or longer. A diversified portfolio that averages 10% ROI per year is achievable in long run and has been achieved.  

• Praise 2

Actually 10%pa returns is by no means a low risk portfolio in todays context. 

the problem is that some people have seen or tasted much more several times within a short period so they continue to seek multiple time returns hardly ever considering accompanying risk. 

at my stage i am happy with 5%pa consistent returns. 10%pa would be a dream come true. 

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Dang.  At 1.80 I still  standing under the durian tree see whether it will drop or not.   

Told you already that i swept MLT at $1.78 but you stillwait and wait

9866C3B8-CACB-4994-B40F-57A6CF33433D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Kep Infra seems always at that price point .54 thereabouts.  Yield is v good.  Any thoughts?

Actually its really pretty decent with payouts usually 3-4 times a year.  I find price a bit toppish now though. 

One stock i was eyeing but personally missed out is YAngZiJiang Shipbuilding.  Broke out of the price range this 2 days. 
power!!  Sigh, why didnt i buy below $1 recently.  Sometimes can kick myself.......hai....

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

One stock i was eyeing but personally missed out is YAngZiJiang Shipbuilding.  Broke out of the price range this 2 days. 
power!!  Sigh, why didnt i buy below $1 recently.  Sometimes can kick myself.......hai....

haha ... give chance la ... u makan all counters ... must leave some ma

was expecting CDL kena hantam ... how come cheong like siao ehh ... 

i wonder did JPM load up any of these? [sly] 

if yes ... will kena lim kopi? lol

2021-03-16_160427.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

11 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

This was a recommendation from DBS like 2 months ago or something, so wifey bought some below $1. But she felt it wasn't moving much so sold it for a small gain. Today she kicked herself haha.

Good call on MLT, i picked up some a few days ago :ph34r:

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Wt_know said:

i wonder did JPM load up any of these? [sly] 

if yes ... will kena lim kopi? lol

2021-03-16_160427.jpg

I NEVER believe in Analysts in Banks, do you?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Myxilplix said:

This was a recommendation from DBS like 2 months ago or something, so wifey bought some below $1. But she felt it wasn't moving much so sold it for a small gain. Today she kicked herself haha.

Good call on MLT, i picked up some a few days ago :ph34r:

At least she made some money.... i didnt even get in.  Not convicted enough, half hearted.  Hai.....

5 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

At least she made some money.... i didnt even get in.  Not convicted enough, half hearted.  Hai.....

No need so many counters to gain.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

wah...areit buying 11 dc in europe

no need to buy keppel dc to get exposure to this sector liao

😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1