The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Works well. 

Until JPY starts strengthening! 

Japan has no inflation problem, in fact they want some.

If Trump is around, he will be accusing everyone of manipulating their currencies.

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement

(edited)
2 hours ago, serenade said:

I agree with you on both counts. However, the investor will not be able to get back his assets like tomorrow. This is because the custodian like Clearstream does not know who is in that omnibus account that belongs to the correspondent bank. Clearstream needs clear directions from the correspondent bank or liquidator or JM as to how to split the omnibus account. This could take months. In the meantime, he investor is exposed to all kinds of market risk. 

I agree with you that with cash sitting in the accounts, customer will get back only a fraction. From the insured amount, Tier 1 capital and what is deposited with the central bank shared by all the depositors. If I am not mistaken depositors get the first bite of the JM cherry.  

Hhhmmmmm, i dont even know what you are debating with me about.  If you are, becos you sound like you are.

perhaps i am mistaken.

But whos disputing about how quickly the investor can take back his assets?  We all know its not instant. We all know it takes time, we all know that there is risk exposure in between the time you lose control of the securities until the time you get it back.  All common sense and logic.

Moreover, thats a totally different discussion altogether, which i didnt start nor even care to talk about.

if you want to discuss how long it takes to get back all the assets and securities, maybe can start another discussion?

😁😎

Edited by Throttle2

(edited)
7 hours ago, lameboy57 said:

Recession is near. Time to wipe out the market and everyone again.

it’s good … like mahjong must reset game, change set, go toilet pangjio, flip undy wear tombalik to reverse luck, etc … :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

I am of the opinion that the market is a bit oversold as it stands now.

while the overall picture still has Fear leading Greed, i see some consolidation here

Looks like i was right.

D7C78F53-7446-4A02-B2C3-BDF15CD0DD32.jpeg

BEF36218-0011-4618-81E1-52A2C239F49D.jpeg

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, lameboy57 said:

Recession is near. Time to wipe out the market and everyone again.

Yeah, that would be good, healthy.  Rejuvenation. 
i really hope we see a serious recession and unemployment shoots to 8%,10% 

my Brotherhood will be so strong. Yeah

fire some bullets on SPY too

was thinking to fire some more but got shaken by cryptos meltdown when BTC fell below $30K …  and LUNA went to “kosong” totally GG [sweatdrop]  

• Haha! 1

Just now, Wt_know said:

fire some bullets on SPY too

was thinking to fire some more but got shaken by cryptos meltdown when BTC fell below $30K …  and LUNA went to “kosong” totally GG [sweatdrop]  

As mentioned i added $40k yesterday

• Praise 1

(edited)
23 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Macam in the movie... steady...steady...steady...strike ah!! 😁

Very Zhun right?  Heh heh heh.  Paiseh, show off a bit since i dont have Youtube channel.

anyone wants to join my masterclass? Click the button by the side to PM me.  Only $8888 comes with starter kit.

0C8E34DB-317A-4A65-A994-7864E3684CD4.jpeg

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

From reading some articles, LUNA/UST was attacked.

A group borrowed 100k BTC (that is over 3.5billion dollars at that time in early may) and attacked it. Can read about it on crypto twitter. The company/individuals likely earned somewhere in the ballpark of 800 million USD. 

So it was a bank run that succeeded due to the vulnerability of crypto and specifically algo managed stablecoins.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

A group borrowed 100k BTC (that is over 3.5billion dollars at that time in early may) and attacked it. Can read about it on crypto twitter. The company/individuals likely earned somewhere in the ballpark of 800 million USD. 

So it was a bank run that succeeded due to the vulnerability of crypto and specifically algo managed stablecoins.

Will be cool if they attack a few more and wipe them out.  
Shows the extreme risk, and vulnerability when it can be manipulated like that. 
not too different from the FX markets during the very early years, except that was regulated and still can be controlled by govts

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yup, it is not easy to understand “algorithimic” stablecoin …

1 coin is minted with another coin is burned to maintain the peg, governance, inflation/deflation coin supply, maintain open demand/supply instead of the stablecoin is backed by physical assets or other means of financial instrument … 

anyway, simi Web3, DEFI, DAO, simi sai is fugazi fugazzy 

there are truth and merit of crypto but what when and how it turn into real practical work … yet to be seen

meanwhile, many scams and fakes

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Khng8 said:

@Throttle2 do you reckon it’s consolidation for now and downward trend still intact?

Haha... I have the same question. 

Don't think i will buy Index but there are selective counters to pick up that are getting a bit more sane.

48 minutes ago, Khng8 said:

@Throttle2 do you reckon it’s consolidation for now and downward trend still intact?

Yes, i think the market has gone where it wants to go so it will consolidate a bit here, until,at least there are some worthy developments.

i dont see a downward trend at all.   I wont call it a trend at least.  I just smell more Fear than Greed, thats all.

52 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Haha... I have the same question. 

Don't think i will buy Index but there are selective counters to pick up that are getting a bit more sane.

Yes if you hv conviction and see more goodness in some single names, why not. 

Just now, Throttle2 said:

Yes if you hv conviction and see more goodness in some single names, why not. 

I am still not convinced that there is much upside buying S&P/ Nasdaq at this level. The earnings have peaked.  The question I have been asking myself is after hitting bottom (which may not mean it is cheap), when is market going up next? With high inflation, strong USD and higher interest rate? Not sure where are the catalysts coming from?  Monetary easing? 😀

But i read based on chart, it seems 10 years Treasury yield might be peaking. So S&P should bottom and go back up to 4,800 again, all in less than 12 months? For 15% return? The risk return matrix is not that enticing for me. 

But selective counters that I can hold for next 5-10 years? Maybe...i am definitely sniffing around. 

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

The amazing thing is there are still people who believe it can be rescued :XD:

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Wt_know said:

yup, it is not easy to understand “algorithimic” stablecoin …

1 coin is minted with another coin is burned to maintain the peg, governance, inflation/deflation coin supply, maintain open demand/supply instead of the stablecoin is backed by physical assets or other means of financial instrument … 

anyway, simi Web3, DEFI, DAO, simi sai is fugazi fugazzy 

there are truth and merit of crypto but what when and how it turn into real practical work … yet to be seen

meanwhile, many scams and fakes

It's like a structured product in banking terms :grin:

↡ Advertisement